Final Fantasy 15

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Aug 21, 2017.

1. LuckyNumber8

LuckyNumber8 Guest

GPU:
    [​IMG]

This game use around 11GB vram maxed out, and if your GPU will run out of vram, your system ram will be used more.

[​IMG]

On 1080ti with 11 GB, system ram usage stays at 8GB. On GTX 1080 more and amore system ram is being used at higer resolutions.

I remember when I had 2GB vram GPU, I thought some games had memory leak problems, but when I bought GPU with more vram, memory leak was not an issue anymore with the same games.

2. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    When i started moving to another area where apparantly mobs make more use of hairworks i had to disable that aswell to gain back the fps loss it gave me in that area.

So currently my settings look like this

MODEL LOD: Average ( Gave me a big fps boost from around 10 - 15 ) Note do not set this on low as it completely messes up the lod of your hair in some areas,turning it brown or white)
    TRAM:High ( Seems to have removed hitches from Highest)
    Aniso Filtering:High
    Geomapping:On
    Lightning:High ( Going from highest to high gave me a 5 fps boost)
    Shadows:High ( Another 5 fps boost from Highest)
    Ambient occlusion: High
    Anti Aliasing: TAA
    Moton blur:Off, simply dislike the effect.
    Filtering:High ( if your screen is too blurry for you,down this to Low and u have crisp clear screen)
    All the Nvidia stuff Disabled.

Using Adaptive Vsync and ingame Vsync Disabled.

Im really happy with my performance atm considering my CPU is starting to age,it holds up really well having 50 - 60 fps mostly even in fights where in some areas when roaming so far i see it drop to 40 - 50.Only thing so far is it seems to absolutely push my CPU and both GPU to its max because my temps for GPU were hitting 75c where normally stressed out it hovers around 60.My CPU on the otherhand is hitting 65c but stays stable after i turned my OC and voltage a bit down,hoping it will stay like this.

Will install the Mod posted on this page later on aswell to see if it does anything for me,as i read on steam some people experience less crashes and stuttering using the mod.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
  3. Kono

Kono Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    Kaldaien fixed many Japanese PC games. He make NieR:Automata playable on PC, as the developer didn't fix anything.

People were outraged at him for making his fixes only work on LEGIT version. His fixes won't work on pirated version of the game. :D

I'm so glad that he is still around. Many thanks to him for all the fixes because Japanese developer are incompetent in PC porting.

Back to FF15 PC, I'm running on a single GTX970, here is my setting for 3440x1440, avg ~30-34fps..I do have random stutter, but nothing too bad.

Thanks Smokey25 for typing it up, I'm copy and paste from your post. ;)

MODEL LOD: High (The different is not much comparing to Avg. I'm still experimenting with this setting, the change don't seem too dramatic for some reason).
    TRAM:High (seem to run better for me too. On Avg and Highest, I get inconsistent result. Really weird).
    Aniso Filtering:High
    Geomapping:On
    Lightning:Highest
    Shadows:High
    Ambient occlusion: High
    Anti Aliasing: TAA
    Moton blur:Off, simply dislike the effect.
    Filtering: Max
    All the Nvidia stuff Disabled.
    Hi-Res: On
    Using FAST Adaptive Vsync in NV Controller and ingame Vsync Disabled. I'm gonna have to try Triple-Buffering later today, just saw a post on Steam discussion, worth a try. :)

signex likes this.
  4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    And another thing...when I activate a god weapon after the effects from it on battleground are gone my game instantly goes down to 10fps and it stays so crappy. You can’t do anything about it only (try to) save and go back to title screen and load the save. How weird is that... now I have to think twice using it!

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I hope that mod that appeared not long ago fixes my issue of textures being very low ress and blurry. Haven't tested it yet.

After playing FFXIV and now FFXV i'm quiet interested in other FF games.

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Apparently there is a performance hit with using the Hi-Res pack. At 1080p it's around 10-15fps according to a video (idk how much at 4K). I haven't tried spotting the differences but has anyone here compared both at 4K?

7. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    how to change fishing line lures etc?because while iam fishing,its not shows the button to bring up the tackle box.thanks

8. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Tab on keyboard, not too sure what that would be on a gamepad, inventory key perhaps?
    I only got that notice after a few tries, original line was almost fully degraded due to the QTE based fishing mechanics though at least you can change during the actual fishing action.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Select on Pad, yes!

10. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    thank you

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Ultra preset, All gameworks activated, shadow reduced from very high to high and resolustion scaling to 75%, i'm around 45-60 fps at 4K with my 1080.

When i say " i " , i mean my younger brothers who come by to steal my workstation.

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    https://www.pcgamer.com/denuvo-drm-performance-final-fantasy-15/

Tested: Denuvo DRM has no performance impact on Final Fantasy 15
    By Peter "Durante" Thoman 19 hours ago

Durante puts FF15 through its paces to see if the DRM really slows games down.

Netherwind and XenthorX like this.
  13. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    That's good to know, but I doubt it'll calm down the people complaining about it.

TBH, DRM is the last thing I'll complain about with this title; I don't really get why they implemented First Person View, the game wasn't designed with it in mind and it shows in both combat and exploration.

And I don't really like that much content in the game can only be accessed in New Game+ mode: Legendary Weapons and monster missions & 8 dungeons ( Menace Beneath Lucis missions )..

14. TDurden

TDurden Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
    I am playing the demo, runs ok, but stutters when fighting in the open. Anyone noticed the same?

Also the in game AA is very blurry, prefer visible pixels here and there instead of blurriness everywhere :)

15. Vibe

Vibe Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 gtx
    I didn't understand a word of that.

Angantyr likes this.

16. Vidik

Vidik Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming Z
    I'm 26 hours in, doing side stuff mostly, runs pretty well but not without problems. Anyone else having crashes with this error in event viewer?
    "Windows successfully diagnosed a low virtual memory condition. The following programs consumed the most virtual memory: ffxv_s.exe" (2792) consumed 27498532864 bytes.
    It happens every 2-3 hours and always crashes after consuming 27,3GB -27,5GB. I tried setting page file to fixed 40GB but it didn't help at all. And why doesn't it use more RAM? Never seen FFXV use more than 10GB plus all of VRAM obviously.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Then learn english or use google translate! Omfg..Whats there not no understand!? Troll

18. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    No, dude, i have to be with Vibe in this one.
    It's quite incomprensible what you wrote there.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Why so hostile ShadowDuke, still.. lol I use to sound like that with my old account..
    but really its not worth such energy, don't take words so personally or try not to get so "upset" by its meaning so quickly, he didn't mean to sound rude.

I don't know whats l3 or r3 either.. You mean LB and RB back buttons?

20. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    He means L3 and R3 on the Dualshock 4, basically, click both sticks in at the same time to go first person.