Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yep. Good movie though :p

Yeah it's absolute nonsense. Also I had the exact same thought later as Solfaur:

to change the game (or anything) to suit these... "politically correct views" (almost threw up just typing that) would essentially be rewriting history to make it look different.
    Wipe the problems under the rug so to speak.

Makes you think who the actual "Nazis" are in this case. Those who show the world as it was or those who want to hide it (because it doesn't "suit" what's currently considered as appropriate).

Used 388.31 first, tried 390.77 later. No difference whatsoever so as far as I'm concerned you can keep running 388.31.

390.77 seems like a solid driver though so no harm in upgrading.

PS: sorry for veering the conversation to this direction, but felt like I needed to vent a bit.
    That's all I will say about that (in this thread), back to actual game.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    BangTail and Solfaur like this.
  2. Turnip

Turnip Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080 TI
    Did they improve performance with the recent patch? 1440p ultra with lighting, shaders and shadows set to high with lods set to max and I'm no longer stuttering when turning around in the village. My preset was set to very high with post processing, shaders and shadows set to high last week and the frame hitching, stutter was unbelievable. My cpu core 2 still hits 100% yet it feels smoother and the fps has improved. Only recent changes I have made is put r_BatchType = 1 in the user.cfg and lowered my cpu temps a fair bit.

Edited

Seems like setting the lighting to high made a massive impact. Begins stuttering again with very high and ultra high.

AsiJu likes this.
  3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Another update is out and the game is now back to version 1.2.2 again, guessing it's due to one of the quest fixes in 1.2.5 breaking said quest.

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Just fyi, if anybody had the same odd bug with the low cutscene fps:

Taken from HERE.
    I'm not sure that's the reason why, but I just checked when launching the game that it actually reset itself to borderless window mode, although I am 100% certain I did set it to fullscreen on purpose when setting the game up the first time.
    Maybe that's the reason why exactly dialogue scenes are encountering fps drops of up to 80%.

Also, I've come across this:

Did not try either of those, will though.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Changing heapsize and use it as a launch parameter doesnt make a difference. The ram-usage is always the same!

I have my cinematic cutscenes capped at 30fps - when theres mentioned about drops i guess its the "normal" ones. I dont have "massive" drops tho. Also my game doesnt reset to borderless, my settings are saved like supposed to. :p

7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well, it is not a great game to give you a brain stamp but it is not bad either tbh. Give it time to get polished. Witcher 1 all over again. Until it is ready like an enhanced edition wise, it is not gonna show its potential. Patience is the keyword. Perhaps it wasn't really ready for public release, it is RC at best, beta for sure though.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Wow, i have downloaded beta version to compare graphics, and this is the biggest case of downgrade ever! Graphics in beta is procreating amazing, it's reality! It looks insane!
    And it actually works quite decent with my old HD 7970. Framerate is between 20 - 30, and with some good card like gtx 1070 i could have double fps. But now the game looks like crap, because of consoles and this “on par” policy.
    I was actually planning to buy some better graphics for this game, but now it looks like crap! And this is the reason why i hate procreating consoles!

Some Beta screens with i7 2600k / hd7970 3gb and fps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dragam1337, warlord and LocoDiceGR like this.
  10. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Don't want to offend those console owners ... oh no no no no no.

As someone who owns every major console, it doesn't offend me one little bit and the people who do get offended should go play in traffic.

Speaking of traffic:

There are people out there that own Bugattis, Paganis and Ferraris.

Do you think those companies tone down their designs because they are worried that Hyundai owners might get upset?

Dragam1337 likes this.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
  12. kbx1

kbx1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Palit GR
    It`s not the same thing. Here you have company which is selling the same product across all platforms and it is in their best interest to keep happy the largest group of buyers % wise (in this case - console owners).

13. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    F*ck you and your consoles! procreating low lifers!

BangTail likes this.
  14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    While that is a fair point, why should they be unhappy that somebody who invested in a more capable system has better visual fidelity (I'm talking about PC vs console here, not the price of the game).

The last time I checked, that is how capitalism works.

I can only speak from my own perspective and I certainly don't get upset when somebody has something that I don't have or cannot afford, there is always going to be that person.

And I'll take that a step further because I don't think it is always a question of cost, some people would rather have a console as they are 'easier' to use than a PC but the same applies to them, why should the people who invest in a PC be penalized for other people's purchasing decisions?

Dragam1337 likes this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    It really is a shame... i'm guessing the developers had hoped that hardware would have improved more by the time they released the game... sadly, the lack of competition for nvidia (and until recently intel) means they have had the same architecure for gamers for the past 2 years, which means there isn't any hardware available that can even push the final version at 4k ultra, so imagine how bad the game would have run at 4k ultra with the beta build.

BangTail likes this.

16. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Absolutely breath taking screenshots - especially those in the forest. It really does highlight the fact, that the final game seems underwhelming visually for a reason.

Obviously you can't quite compare these 2 games, but after playing star wars battlefront 2, it's certaintly not the graphics that keeps me playing kingdom come deliverance, because whatever people might otherwise think of battlefront 2, the game is technically a masterpiece.

[​IMG]

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Related (kind of):

If I open the console at the main menu after starting the game, it shows CPU/GPU info and under GPU: dedicated memory: 2001 MB

What do you guys see? 2000 MB is kind of low allocation for a 6 GB card...

18. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    This does indeed seem quite wierd...

[​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Btw Asiju, i tested the lighting, and it appears you are correct - when indoors, it does make quite a difference, both for visuals, and for performance.

Lighting ultra

[​IMG]

Lighting high

[​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.
  20. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Every now and then (I can't seem to find the rhythm) this game starts in borderless. But not always. Every time it happens I change to full screen. Anyone else with this silliness?