[Worklog] Pink Panther

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by ExpendableCustoms, Feb 19, 2018.

1. ExpendableCustoms

ExpendableCustoms Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Hi guys,

It's time to start another project and of course another worklog :D Our latest project Lambda Core is getting close to being finish, but we don't intend to stop :D

Few months ago I was wondering about a case that would be interesting and rare choice which simultaneously fulfill all my needs. After few days of searching the web I came to the conclusion that there isn't any.

We've always liked Parvum's design, however any of the standard cases wasn't good for me this time. My heart was close to R1.0, however it has few issues - only mATX/ITX support, space for only two 360 slim radiators. However after few words with Parvum guys we decided to make a custom R1.0 ATX, with few other modification which You will see down below :)

The project color schema is a bit controvertial. I had enough of black in my builds, so I knew that the main color will be white. Pink is pretty rare and tricky to work with, so I decided that it'll be very interesting choice :D And of course if I'd go with pink the project name is obvious :D

When I had the case subject mostly sorted out I decided to make a 3D model, which You can see below. It gives general view at my plans, which contain only 45° connections in main chamber and dual loop system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would like to thank Noiseblocker, for providing the best fans in the market and Mayhems, for supporting Pink Panther with their Pastel. I'm also extremely grateful to Alphacool and Aquatuning for providing all water cooling stuff for yet another of our projects!

[​IMG]

There was "a bit" of a delay with manfuacturing this case, enough to be said that it took over three months till I got this case. Results?

DAW40 likes this.
  2. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    R1.0 ATX DIY :E

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This case now supports an ATX standard. It has a spot for three 360/60mm radiators instead of two 360/30mm. Top window is much bigger than the standard one. Moreover at the front You can see a front radiator cover, which is also a place for Aquaero 6XT and it'll help me to mount two res combo side be side. Obviously this case is much bigger than the standard R1.0. In fact, after all of this modification it's closer to L1.0 ;)

3. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Now, once again huge thanks to Alphacool and Aquatuning :)

[​IMG]

As I've mentioned, case is configured to fit three 360/60mm radiators. Looking at project's color scheme, the obvious choice was Alphacool NexXxoS UT60 360mm Special White Edition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    It's time for few more shots of LC parts :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is how nearly 120 fittings looks like :D

In terms of CPU block, clear version of Eisblock XPX was the obvious choice. It's most likely the prettiest CPU block from Alphacool's range.

To match CPU block I went with plexi D5 combo. It's pretty massive, so it'll be quite tricky to mount them side be side, but it should fit just fine.

5. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    One again huge thanks to Noiseblocker - it's a first time I see white eLoop's in real. Project Impossible had black ones, but I think white version actually looks better :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below You can see an overal look of parts for this project, R1.0 is a bit lost :D I'm still waiting for few parts though, like RAM or Aquaero.

[​IMG]

I decided to go with X299 this time, mainly because I didn't own an Intel's HEDT platform yet. Firstly I wanted to buy MSI X299 Tomahawk Arctic, but it's power section is really hopeless. I didn't want a black motherboard, so I decided to go with TUF Mark 1 and modify it :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Asus X299 TUF Mark 1 White Edition :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    [​IMG]

I've decided to go with 7800X, as it'll fulfill my needs for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In terms of GPU, the choice was prett obvious - GTX1080 SLI. EVGA is great company and it's been proven many times. I had a lot of luck, as I managed to purchase those cards right before GPU prices started to rise. :D

7. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Small update ;)
    I've mounted the core hardware and radiators into the case. I've finished working on main cables. All of the cables in Pink Panther will be sleeved with MDPC-X sleeve. It's really great quality product and I can recommend it to anyone.
    Unfortunetaly there is an issue with pink sleeve on the market, so it isn't perfectly matched with candy perspex.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Update ;) All of the fans got a white sleeve and connectors.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a huge advantage of a modular case - moutning radiator and fans was much easier outside the case ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I made an extender for each fan, which goes to Phobya PCB spliiter hidden behind front radiator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The1 likes this.
  9. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Aquaero 6XT is here ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

GPU's waterblocks were painted white.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As waterblocks are ready, I could mount them on the GPUs :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    There's been a while since I posted something here, 'cause I had few other things to do, but I'm back :D

Firstly small update of reservoir mounting. I planned a different montage system, however as it won't work I had to improvise. I made a panel from 3mm Candy Persex which will hold two Eisbecher combo's and add more pink to the interior :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    wow nice build

12. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    @CronoGraal Thank You!

I don't have a lot of free time, so there are not so many work pics as I would want, however things are clearing up and project is really close to the end! :)

Some time ago I've mounted SSD and Farbwerk on the back side of the mobotray. And of course custom cables for both of them :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

For few last days I'm fighting with acrylic tubes :D I've started from drilling a midplate and as You can see below, there have been a lot of drilling here :D It was quite tricky to measure because of 45° connections, however everything went well. I've expected lots of trouble with the basement connections, however all turned out pretty simple. CPU loop is finished, GPU loop needs two more connections in the basement and two behind mobotray. Besides that, I need to make few more cables, refine some details and it'll be done :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Project is finally ready, here is the end result :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. ExpendableCustoms

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pink turned out to be pretty tricky to work with, as You can see. And assembling the basement was a challange, because of lack of space. However I ended up with pretty simple connections, just like it was planned :)

DAW40 likes this.
  15. DAW40

DAW40 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 6GB
    That is a lot of hard work man, good job, the pink looks very nice with white. Now lets hope the system never leaks. :)