Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Which AA method does it default to ?

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I think it uses a value of 2 or SMAA 1x by default regardless of preset. :)
    (EDIT: Low might be using 0 as in off come to think of it.)

0 - off
    1 - fxaa
    2 - (1x) smaa
    3 - smaa t2x

4 - 2x MSAA
    5 - 4x MSAA
    6 - 8x MSAA (These were deprecated a number of builds back and aren't functional.)

And there's also r_supersampling 0, 1, 2 and so on.

0 and 1 is off and 1x res which is the same, 2 and beyond is double, triple, quadruple and so on of the current display resolution and it's full values only so you can't use 1.5 or anything.

SSAA and SMAA T2X also has a few related cvars for which method to use, filtering and sharpening. :)

EDIT:
    http://docs.cryengine.com/display/CRYAUTOGEN/CONSOLEPREFIXR#AnchorRANTIALIASINGMODE

That's since Crysis 3 though and not all of these are available in this game.
    ("r_antialiasing ?" in the console prompt will show the current value and a description if available.)

3. Eero

Eero Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    http://docs.cryengine.com/plugins/servlet/mobile#content/view/1605684

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Sorry Jonas I spoke too soon.
    My test was done quickly stood still switching the variable and seeing the fps change by approx 10fps.
    But now I have time to play, when walking down the street it makes no difference.
    My bad.

AsiJu likes this.

5. the9quad

the9quad Guest

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X
    That is the funniest post I have read in a long time. The thought that this might actually be a serious post makes it even funnier. Especially the bolded line, but the whole thing reads like a very nerdy poem.

ShadowDuke, AsiJu and Solfaur like this.
  6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Overall the game runs fine, just don't go crazy on settings just yet. There should also be a new patch out in less than 2 weeks that aims to fix performance among other things.

Like said the game seems to hammer one processor core and for some this may be an issue if it's constantly at 100 % or near.

There are some bugs still but I've only run into minor ones so far (7 hours) like NPCs behaving weirdly.
    Also there are some inconsistencies; like I just arrived in a town called Rattay yet I already seem to know that a certain NPC arranges fights for money, even if no one told me so.
    (I accidentally talked to him and this dialogue option was available. He was just walking down the road casually so the setting implied nothing).

GroinShooter likes this.
  7. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Thanks for the info. I'm just a bit skeptical after seeing the 1080ti dropping below 20fps at 1440p. I'll probably wait for a few patches before dipping in.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Although GTX 1080 Ti owners should be able to max out the game completely - it looks good visually but not *that* good IMO - if you start on the High preset, lower Shadows, Physics and Particles to Medium, raise the draw distance (LOD, vegetation, objects) to max and Textures, Object Detail to Ultra High, Post-Processing to High then the game runs well, at least on my system, at 55-80 fps, only dipping down to the low 40s fps intermittently and usually during dialogue scenes for some reason (could be the Depth of Field effect perhaps?). I certainly feel the game is playable now without those jarring drops to below 30 fps. Graphically the game still looks good as well.

KCD still has issues though; mainly bugs but also with clipping (guards walking through and even standing inside each other!) and things like objects fading in/out close by despite having the draw distance sliders at max settings.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The draw distance is controlled by multiple settings, default for Cry-Engine is values around 100 or so units for the highest presets which this game extends to almost 500 units though it only covers three specific view distance modifiers.
    The game also has it's own LOD system called "Uberlod" in addition to further separating character view distances in various groups for things like accessories or texture detail.

e_UberlodDistanceRatio

That's the uber lod cvar, it scales almost everything in the game from 0.1 or perhaps lower to 3.0 which is the default.

wh_r_UberlodRatio = 3
    wh_r_UberlodMode = 0

And these two for the games own settings for this modifier, from a quick test in-game it scaled over 4000 objects from what the console output reported. Quite a demanding setting as a result though even if you scale this down framerate in cities and such which hit CPU even harder tend to still fluctuate a lot so possibly some bottleneck there.

EDIT: Also from doing a quick check of what the beta version used it seems they toned down the ambient occlusion strength in the final game, I like the more subtle look of AO in this compared to the beta but the differences are these cvars here.

Beta:
    r_ssdoAmountAmbient = 2
    r_ssdoAmountDirect = 4
    r_ssdoAmountReflection = 5
    r_ssdoRadius = 1
    r_ssdoRadiusMax = 2
    r_ssdoRadiusMin = 0.05

Full:
    r_ssdoAmountAmbient = 1
    r_ssdoAmountDirect = 1.5
    r_ssdoAmountReflection = 1.5
    r_ssdoRadius = 0.3
    r_ssdoRadiusMax = 2
    r_ssdoRadiusMin = 0.1

First two in particular have a really noticeable impact as can be seen even from the main menu, max radius is the same but the other settings were all altered between the last public beta build of late 2016 and the full game of early 2018

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    No difference for me with 0, 1 or 2.

11. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm from what it would seem like then from posts here and on other forums where this has been posted it appears to be pretty specific depending on how much and where the system is currently bottlenecked. A GPU bottleneck might benefit from having this done on CPU and a CPU bottleneck might benefit from having this on the GPU.

Probably also complicates by the game being more or less GPU or CPU bound depending on where it's tested, smaller settlements or landscape areas might be less stressed than the various towns and villages. Interesting and I guess that makes this a pretty situational tweak and also very varied from how it works for one user to another depending on hardware and where in the game this is tested. At least so far it doesn't seem to cause a outright performance loss but it's clear it might not be giving much if any performance gains either.

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Just saw this on twitter xD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah this, at the moment you must tweak settings. Thankfully the game looks good with lowered settings as well.
    I am running High preset except Lighting at Medium, Textures at Ultra High and LOD distance maxed. Solid 60 fps @ 1080p mostly.

Yeah dialogues often drop framerate, must be the DOF effect I think.

Btw dropping Lighting to Medium boosts performance the most by my experience. It affects global illumination and helps drop GPU load quite a bit.
    I have gone back and forth between High and Very High presets with Lighting at Medium. V.High is almost solid but end up reverting to High for a bit of added performance.

People having CPU core usage issues could also try setting Physics to Medium or Low even, could help.

EDIT: FWIW, I updated NV driver to latest 390.77, which is the game ready for KCD, from 388.31.

No difference in performance whatsoever.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    AsiJu likes this.
  15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    "Fix for R2 button being non-responsive in combat"

I thought that was the case, sometimes it works and sometimes doesn't.

No mention of performance fixes though, even if previously stated. Well bugs should be first priority sure.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    7 days since release...they are a small team, they will fix everything eventually...needs time.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    [​IMG]

AsiJu likes this.
  18. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    I wonder what's with the single core issue, this ain't 2007 CryEngine2 we're talking about. I was under the impression that the game is using at least CE4, right? Or is it running on 3.6?

19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Modified version of 3.8.6 far as I've been able to tell, version number is changed to be the games version but it has the cvars from 3.8.5 and this version is from the end of 2016 though they never updated to Cry Engine V.
    At a guess the AI parameters such as flowgraphs and just the sheer amount of NPC's compared to the usual Cry-Engine games and customized parts Warhorse added or modified for the RPG mechanics might be what is holding it up but I'm not sure.
    It does definitively scale over 4, 6 and even 8 cores but it seems to be pretty focused on core0 in particular so the scaling is a bit unbalanced although I can't quite say as to why that is.

Though yeah Cry-Engine 2 was almost single threaded and only offloaded a bit of data to a second core as I remember so that's at least improved on but whatever the code looks like something is still heavily CPU dependent in the engine here for this game.

20. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    This is the ONLY game that is hardlocking my PC.
    I ran 3DMark stress test and pass it no problem, but this game is killing it.

Anyone know what should I look at to see why this is happening?