Radeon Adrenalin Edition 18.2.2 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Happened to me also. But it stopped working even before 18.2.2. I think it was with 18.2.1.
    And I am not sure it's due to Crimson components. Looks to be permission issue.

!!!!!!!!! Anyway I fixed it like this:

Jackalito and HK-1 like this.
  2. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    @ Noisiv yup yesterday I also have issues with this driver I need make use of DDU and revert to 18.2.1 again now NO issues ;)

3. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Seems like UAC issue, not a permissions itself.

I have UAC disabled and never had such issue. You know, UAC is in fact a virtualized "sandboxed" environment, so it could be causing some issues from it's own nature.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    HK-1 likes this.
  4. Mooby29

Mooby29 Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X@1150/1500mhz
    It fixed itself for me, haven't done anything. I don't use UAC.

Weird but at least it works now.

5. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    UAC is enabled by default.

6. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    This problem with ReLive could be caused by Windows (latest update) re-setting audio controller. And... one restart after update wasn't enough apparently, notifications said this PC will need to be restarted again to finish setting up audio. With previous update I lost my surround 7.1, this time (16299.248) it only reset room correction.

7. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Very good drivers, try few games and gain 5-6 fps average........sweet :D:D:D

OnnA likes this.
  8. Rambo

Rambo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    Could you elaborate?

9. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    but is very easy disable completely via Regedit :p

10. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    What would you possibly gain by disabling UAC?

11. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Well, nothing. You will just disable virtualization/sandboxing for apps running with administrator privileges. It can resolve many issues with older apps, but it's a potential security hole for unexperienced users.

12. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Oh, I know about losses, you’d break about ten (if not more) Windows features with UAC disabled; yes, most are security oriented but not all.

I was wondering what one can possibly gain that is so important that people choose to molest their system this much. Issues with older programs? What are they? Why can’t they be fixed in other ways? Why one can’t live without these programs whose developers clearly ain’t interested fixing?

Last I checked, the year is 2018, not 1995. Times changed, there’s no excuse in runnin' things old (kool kids) ways.

13. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    frack UAC. Its garbage and not needed except for complete idiots that still know nothing about using a windows PC.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Doesn't work quite like that. It is the same like for example - disabling unnecessary services:

You read the service's description and it controls some hardware or protocol or whatever that you don't even have and will not have in the foreseeable future.
    You disable it. Everything works fine. You forget about it. 5 months later a patch comes which relies on the service, and it silently brakes your system. You install a driver which relies on the patch and you end up with unstable system.
    This is totally hypothetical, and tbh I dunno if it's even plausible, but the idea is very simple:

TLDR
    No OS, no piece of software, is bug-free. The more buttons you push, the further you deviate from defaults, the sooner you will discover a bug.

15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Well, disabling UAC is not needed in 1st place anyway. (Except if you are playing DooM!)
    It is more than enough to take its slider and just turn off notifications. It will still live in background, doing all its important things.
    It will just stop sh*tting all over your screen 50 times a day. Back when MS introduced it, it was good idea to disable it. Today, it does not eat much of ram, nor CPU cycles.
    Compared to running web browser in background, entire windows make no noticeable performance impact.

AlleyViper likes this.

16. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    What games,what resolution,what operating system?

Skinner likes this.
  17. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Middle Earth SoW, Nier Automata and Quantum Break. Test these and the result was 5-6 more average fps.

Nier Automata MAX Settings, No AA, FAR high AO
    SoW High Settings
    Quantum Break High Settings, Global Illumination Medium, Upscale ON

All 1080p, 52-60 fps all time. Enhanced Sync, FRTC 60

Before 46, 47 - 60 fps ...

Windows 10 x64 FCU

Very happy with this drivers :):)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    Turanis likes this.
  18. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    List all the benefits of “using” a Windows PC with UAC completely disabled with hack. Be specific.

mirh likes this.
  19. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    What are you guys doing that UAC pops up 50 times a day? Here I have 6 PCs joined in domain; 2 loaded with games, 3 servers. Somewhat lazy day to day admin duties, maintenance, updates, upgrades. UAC set to max everywhere. Not once UAC was a problem. [strike]I even think it doesn't pop now starting Task Manager.[/strike] edit: correction - nope TM shouldn't do it, something else now does not pop UAC.

And how does one even compare performance difference with and without UAC? What is the method? What performance counters would you use?

20. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Not being procreating bothered by it when I am doing anything.
    I know what I am doing with my pc. No one else uses it.
    Its annoying and pisses me off. Its even more of a pain in the ass if you are trying to do a hybrid physx system on Win 8+ OS.

HK-1 likes this.