Assassin’s Creed Origins

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Aug 21, 2017.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's no difference, Denuvo is mainly circumvented and not fully removed so short of the game being patched and the DRM removed in full I would not expect performance to differ.

EDIT: Was mentioned already. :)

EDIT: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 recently removed the Denuvo DRM but there were no immediate performance differences from what I've read though some reports indicate loading times might have improved, startup time definitively should since there's no longer a verification or activation phase.
    (But the game like many others was primarily GPU limited, AC Origins is a bit notably in how it prefers a recent quad or hexa core CPU or above and can scale even higher.)

2. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    cracked version is not faster

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I didn't know that about Denuvo, so cracking it is just purely for those who don't want to pay or can't afford the game.

It wouldn't surprise me to see benchmarks appear that show the cracked version is so much faster lol.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
  4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Please not start to discuss why someone using pirated games...on the other hand i think you cant just say people only pirate if they cant afford the game...there is more than just or two reasons people do that.

5. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    You can't say don't discuss it, then ask me a question lol.

There may be more reasons, but i honestly cannot think of any other than, i don't want to pay and i am unable to pay.

Reading through that Reddit thread pretty much confirms that as well.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I didnt ask you a qestion. Reddit yeah, Internet at all, of course you read stuff like that. And mostly youre right but in the times of no Demos anymore and/or bugged releases..

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Passus likes this.
  7. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    I'll be honest, i had verry little interest in this game as im a fan of good writing over flashy poorly optimized engines (*Ba Dum Tss!*) but a friend got a 1080 and he already owns the game so i can get his bundle code (ill borrow his card to enable it on my ubi/nvidia account thingy). Anyway - i dont have my 1070 anymore since it died and support couldnt fix and they claimed they wont have any cards in stock for the forseable future, so i just ended up getting a refund..

erm point is, im on a 970 untill gfx card prices go back to normal (gief volta already..). Will this run acceptably on a 970 system or does this potato unoptimized engine run ok only on top end hardware? oh yeah, im on a shitty 4820k @4.2ghz cpu wise.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    who told u that a 970 is not close to top end hardware, i told u before, i run most game at 1440p on my 970, the only game i couldnt run at 1440p 60fps was farcry primal, this is a piece of cake on a 970 anw if u own a 1080p screen, this will run like a piece of cake

9. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    Cool but you probably are on of those who can play at low settings or framerates, i've yet to see any recent demanding game run well on that 970 and I can't play anything that runs at anything less than a perfrect 60. All new games i've tested recently require compromize to get 60 at 1080p even, let alone a resolution that requires ~78% more pixels per second to be drawn. Anyway im not looking for you to tell me a 970 runs all games maxed out at 1440 with perfect 60+ fps again as i know how that works on my system, my 970 doesnt run at 1070 performance like yours, but im sure others here expect similar things in terms of perf (with the 970 in mind) so I'm sure ill find a proper answer.

10. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    The 970 performance is close/equal to an actual 1060.
    So I don't think it's a bad thing, the 1060 can almost max out any game at 60FPS without a single drop and play many titles at 1440P at 60FPS with high settings (Not max).
    For it's age it's still a decent card, I was really expecting it would became a bad card after a while due to the 3.5GB scandals and everything, but truth is, it was a good buy for many users.

11. Yxskaft

Yxskaft Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX Titan Sli
    Assassins Creed Origins also has VMProtect and the Uplay DRM.

The popular claim is that it's VMProtect that results in the performance impact. But one could make an argument that AC:O uses the newer version of Denuvo, which could have a higher performance impact than the previous versions, until proven otherwise.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    For those who may not have noticed... this is at 1280x720! :D

At 1440p and above, the differences may be hardly be worth mentioning. Which I presume may be the reason pcgh.de didnt bother including it (or even 1080p).

13. Arshad Hussain

Arshad Hussain Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 6850
    One of my favourite game of all times, I have been following Assassins Creed from the very first part loved Altair doing parkour.

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    And? It's a test to determine the engine's CPU scaling capabilities. Running it at higher resolution would defeat that purpose.

15. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Unless CPU scaling on 720p is representative of scaling on more mainstream resolutions (1080p, 1440p), then the chart is pointless.

16. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    No it isn't. It's strictly a test of the CPU scaling ability, and the reason why they lower the resolution is to prevent a GPU bottleneck. Raising the resolution would make the test more GPU oriented, rather than CPU oriented.

It's not rocket science man. They know exactly what they are doing.

17. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    'Strictly a test of CPU scaling ability' measured in FPS! And measured with one CPU (i7 6950 @ 2ghz fixed). Not sure why you cant make out that people do play at 'GPU bottlenecked' resolutions.

Below are more CPU tests ( from 8c/16t down to 2c/4t, but no 10c/20t example). Select the 4k example and see how FPS results = practical data for 4k players than it would be if presented to them at 720p. They (computerbase.de) know what they are doing more than the silly folks at pcgh.de.

https://www.computerbase.de/2017-10...origins-auf-einer-gtx-1080-ti-strix-1920-1080

And another one from pcgamer.com @ 1080p. Check out the i5 8400 (6c/6t) vs the 10c/20t i9 7900k. And the 4c/4t i3 8100 vs the 16c/32t Threadripper!

[​IMG]

Your 720p example is perfectly fine....... for those on 720p (and a 6950x @ 2ghz).

18. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    OK this is getting tiresome now. So what if it's measured in FPS? That's the most relevant statistic, as they're trying to measure how well the engine exploits multicore CPUs to increase performance!

If they didn't use FPS, they would use frame latency and it would still be applicable.

I never said, or implied that they didn't. I play at a GPU bottlenecked resolution myself, but that has nothing to do with testing how well a game engine can utilize a multicore CPU to increase performance.

You basically proved my point for me. At 4K, there is practically hardly any difference in performance between the CPUs, because the game is GPU bottlenecked.

This test is inadmissible because it uses the internal benchmark, which doesn't load the CPU nearly as much as the actual game. :rolleyes:

19. CRUBINO

CRUBINO Guest

GPU:
    Zotac Geforce GTX1080 FE
    Hi mates,
    I've created a simple graphic improvement mod for ACO (based on Reshade as custom shaders injector).

here are some sample screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Side by side comparison (vanilla vs mod):
    https://imgsli.com/MTE5NA

I hope you would like it. Please PM me if you want to try it.

Cheers,
    Chris

20. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Reshade profiles aren't mods, they're reshade profiles :)

Upload it to http://www.sfxthelazy.net/. There's a section for Assassins Creed: Origins here:

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/1845/

Grimbarian likes this.