Corsair K63 Wireless With Cherry Red Switches

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Corsair has released a Cherry MX Red mechanical keyboard, the K63 Wireless. It's a fairly handy keyboard being wireless, of course, it is lacking the numeric keys. So why is this an attractive buy,...

Corsair K63 Wireless With Cherry Red Switches

2. PsyaNyde

PsyaNyde Active Member

GPU:
    msi rtx 2080 super
    £186 on Amazon!! they're havin' a larf mate, I'll stick with my Anne Pro thx, £50 from china :D and it's FULLY RGB customisable.

RavenMaster likes this.
  3. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Ugly design is ugly.

4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Myeah the missing numeric keys bring in a certain look but it's really designed for this ...

IMG_9983.jpg

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018

5. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    I wouldn't buy any keyboard that's over £60. It's a few bits of plastic that can be constructed for a pittance of the price they sell it for. And for the small amount of difference it makes to gaming, there's no point in paying over the odds

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    That's what I meant. I do not mind absence of num keypad much. Except, that it should decrease price. My keyboard is 1.2kg block. (Not really something I would like to use anywhere outside desk.)

keyboard 1.1kg looks like 60% of space, so entire thing + mouse should be like 1.6kg. (I would not call it comfortable.)

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Actually, I'm testing it as we speak, really I'm having a blast playing GTA-V on my 65" Ultra HD telly. The lapboard has a soft foam under it, very comfy and I am not at all bothered by its weight (1.65kg in total) as that padding spreads the weight. Anyway, with a bit of luck, I'll have a small review ready for tomorrow.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Is mouse pad surface replaceable? Is it durable? (Well, I'll probably learn it tomorrow.)

9. praktik

praktik Guest

GPU:
    4870 512 in Crossfire
    Got one of these w/ the lapboard through amazon @ the end of January.

I had recently consolidated my best computer gear in my HTPC and made a computer for my brother out of the spare parts.

We use a floating 23" monitor in various places and the big 60" and for both gaming and general productivity its just a much nicer experience than the Macguyver like solutions we'd been cobbling together with what was at hand around the apartment.

When I have something long-ish to write or gonna be doing more stuff on the computer for a while - I bust out the lapboard and its super nice!

I dont have that good a wireless mouse yet so I havent used it for all that much gaming since I do a lot of controller based games. Im saving my run through on Bioshock Infinite for when I get a decent mouse! That said as mentioned its really comfy on the lap and feels like a lot of space for mousing.

Yes - the pad is replaceable.