Geforce driver 390.77 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Robert84MK, Jan 29, 2018.

1. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hitches from 390.65 remain in this one. I just got them after waking the monitor from sleep, on the desktop.

[​IMG]

Note the GPU usage, this is when running GPU-Z render test while these hitches are present.

Again, the only way to get rid of them is via rebooting the system.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    tiliarou likes this.
  2. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, when is SLI coming for Assassins Creed: Origins?!

As i wrote about in this post in the link below, sli DOES work, it simply needs a proper profile, to eliminate the graphical issues that occurs when using sli...

NVidia SLI Guide

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've gotten a few other black screens when starting videos in Mediaportal, closing it and going back in and trying again works. It could be a coincidence, but that's three times in two days compared to it never happening before.

Mediaportal can be buggy, and MadVR is pushing the GPU as intensively as most games. I don't imagine it will get much attention, people who use both of these at the same time are probably in the minority, and it's hit and miss trying to replicate the issue (2 out of 6).

Just an FYI for those who do happen to use MadVR.

I don't get the dynamic range issue and I'm also on a 970 though. Using W10 (Fast Ring)

4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    What Windows version are you using?

5. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Can you fill out the driver feedback form below as we are still unable to reproduce this

6. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I can but I haven't found a way to reproduce it either. It just happens at seemingly random display mode changes (like after launching a game in a DSR res or waking the display from standby).

Form submitted.

7. jrolson

jrolson Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Windows 10 64bit
    Build 16299.192

8. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    These running good..

Far Cry 3 - 60 fps limit - Adaptive Vsync
    Watch Dogs 2 - 45 fps limit - Adaptive Vsync
    Dsr 3840 x 2160

Using Inspector for fps limit and overclock so, no voltage slider.
    No issues so far, fast and stable (games and benchmarks).
    Prefer maximum performance is enabled.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Not sure i liking this hitching/stuttering being reported, As i gona be isntalling this when I get my 1070ti tommorow

10. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    Getting Cod ww2 shadow flickering, disable in game solar shadow maps in cache for temporal fix.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2018

11. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    Dont hold your breath for this.Same thing with The Hunter Call Of The Wild,all the 8xxxxxxxx bits scalling perfectly with the game,but the shadows are shaky,i was sent a message to Manual G,and he said that its not the drivers problem,its just the game not support SLI,and it was sounds like for me:we dont give shi*,so shu* up.Shame on nvidia,can you hear MANUAL GGGGGGG?you advert the cards as an option for SLI,but you do nothing,just collect MONEY MONEY MONEY .....................

12. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    That was he's answer:
    Given you are seeing graphical glitches, my guess is this game is not SLI friendly. Nothing we can really do to fix this. Game would need to be updated to be multi-GPU friendly. We can't really force/pressure developers to make a game multi-GPU friendly. We can only provide support if they request assistance.

13. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    So this is the END for SLI.sadly,because there is a lot of game which really need to utilize sli to reach 4k 60fps.

14. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    ohh the the prices in the sky............. i really hope that the life will punish all the greedy companys soon!NVIDIA,INTEL......

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    You are just ahead of GPU power to adapt 4K 60fps displays, ahead of "our" time. SLI has been an issue before 4K screens were around. ;)
    But that's just my opinion.

By the way, you can edit your posts.

16. yoe

yoe Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080 2.15/11.1
    Ok ManuelG, here it is:
    Resolution and desktop colour settings - digital colour format (always rgb after restart), content type reported to the display (always auto after restart). Desktop size and position - all scaling options + position (not saved, always defaults). That's all i think, those are important settings for my hdtv panel via hdmi and setting it all over after the system start is very annoying. In older drivers like 388.xx and down was ok, no probs at all with those settings.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    SLI has been shaky since before the 1080 was around as well, there has (should be) been an understanding that it's hit or miss tech, particularly with new games.
    Nowadays Nvidia and AMD barely mention SLI/CF and looks like they are phasing it out.

Saying that, when manually editing the profile can get scaling working really well, and it's just some glitches, that does make you believe that more can be done driver wise. That could well be as good as it gets, but the driver team should probably say that, rather than being dismissive.

18. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti

19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Yeah, that's just BS - when sli scaling is working, even with graphical glitches, the driver teams has always been able to make a working profile in the past. It does indeed seem like they are phasing out sli, without telling any of the customers who bought it...

20. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    oops,the things which makes me angry and sad that i can't see the effort from their side to find a solution.it is so that difficult to send email to the developers team of the games where the nvidia logo is the first thing to appear on the screen,and saying hey can we do something with this?as a user i was given details to the developers,what bits i have tried and what glitches appeared,so they could team up together and at least try to make it work,because playing 30-40 fps is not a good experience.turning down setting is gives me the feeling,yeah ive paid 1200 quid for the cards and i have to play half a*sed the games probable because they dont want to spend any of time to make the game utilize both card.so i feel betrayed....that is the fact