AMD Raven Ridge: First benchmarks for Ryzen 3 2200G and Ryzen 5 2400G

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    HH, I hope you'll get 2400G soon. Can't wait to read decent article. Not excluding CPU only, GPU only, Hybrid workloads.
    Effects of TDP limits on clock in each situation. Overclock-ability of both CPU and GPU cores and again effects on TDP limits.
    Effect of different Memory clock. And difficulties with achieving certain memory speeds on different memories.

And great many goodies you provide us with.

3. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    Uhm...

2700U has scores:
    • 3DMark 4160
    • Graphics 4072
    • Physics 6993
    • COMBINED: 2882
    2200G:
    • COMBINED: 3635
    Why is 2200G's combined score so much higher when all its individual scores are lower?

4. AMDfan

AMDfan Guest

GPU:
    280X
    I have a 500W PSU that is doing nothing, with a budget of 250,- Euro i can build my mother in law a new PC. Recycling the storage buying the CPU and 4GB memory @ 3.2 GHz and a new little case and cheap MoBo

fantaskarsef likes this.

5. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    The graphics score of the 2200G looks superior to the GT 1030.
    Let's see how it is in the reality.

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    TDP 15W is not sufficient to fully feed both CPU and GPU. It would be better if tested with 25W limit TDP notebook.

schmidtbag likes this.
  7. mamaduxo

mamaduxo Guest

GPU:
    5770 1GB
    +1

With the crazy prices for VGA cards, I'm thinking to make a build with 2400G for a low budget gaming PC.
    Looking forward for Guru3D review.

8. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Looks like one of these will be going into my secondary/backup rig once I sell some old junk.

9. tunaphish6

tunaphish6 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    Considering the Ryzen 1200 sells for $100, I wonder if it's going to get a price cut when they release the 2200G? Unless they run headless, any low-end productivity or media server is going to need a graphic card, which is going to cost you upwards of $20.

10. ruthan

ruthan Master Guru

GPU:
    G1070 MSI Gaming
    I hope that there would be really lots of hardware with U models, because that is usually issue - AMD has some lapton, tablet, handlet CPU/GPU, but manufactures not care..

11. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    It's hard to reenter a market when you were away for so long. Unless we are talking about the past architecture AMD mobile CPUs that I'd have only recommended to my enemies. Intel 2-core mobile i7s were hilarious, but at least they still got things done. In OEM desktops Intel also reigns supreme. Even the obsolete Kabys are being sold full price inside OEM PCs to the gullible. AMD has a lot of work to do to conquer a worthy market share despite now having good products.

12. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

no dispute with facts...just a characterization...
    as i'm one of the "gullible".
    a lot of people have high performance laptops for work (and some play on the road) and these machines wear out... req. replacement.
    there are no comparable ryzen laptops with dedicated gpu - oh how i wish there was.

13. artk2219

artk2219 Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Honestly it's just been obnoxious, even though AMD had chips in the same TDP range and thermals (with a decent enough CPU and MUCH better GPU performance), you would never find them in any decent thin and light designs, or hell in a decent 14" design, it doesnt even have to be thin and light. You would however find AMD's in fat ass laptops with crappy screens, slow disks, and using single channel memory while being the same price as a much nicer intel laptop, and they wonder why they wouldnt sell. Honestly it seams like the OEM's have been allowed to create such shitty designs, for so long, that it's hard for them to even try to make a decent AMD based laptop. Even when they have a very competitive chip, it doesnt matter, beema, mullins, kabini, kaveri, and carrizo were pretty much ignored for anything that wasnt a cheap crummy laptop, to the point that AMD had to create the AM1 socket to sell left over stock.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  14. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    And that's why, I am saying with every generation, that AMD should release their own branded devices.
    Or in worst scenario. Order exact configuration, shape, functionality from OEM, but sold with AMD logos, just little bumpy text on bottom: "Manufactured by ... in license from AMD."
    OEMs putting AMD's chips into notebooks you laugh at on 1st look. Then you want to cry after realization, that it is all AMD has out there.

15. CrisanT

CrisanT Guest

i am "gaming" (if you can say that) on I5 3470 Intel HD Graphics. The only 2 games that i play are Starcraft 2 and Heroes of the Storm. The intel iGPU handles these games on 1080p Low details, i guess that the 2400g is going to be a huge upgrade for me :)

16. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    This gives me the upgrade itch for my HTPC... 2400G ftw! :)

17. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I thought this would be a complete review,When can we expect one HH boss-man?
    8 threaded Apu sounds hella nice but I am curious to see how it does with dedicated gpu ( yeah I know it ruins the value) but still.

18. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    the way things are moving at AMD, you may see a mobile variant of the ryzen 5 APU with vega 20 for xmas '18...as well as the new Intel/AMD "glued together" SoC debut.