[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS3 - Fall Creators Update - Build 16299.15

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 16, 2017.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-background-apps-and-your-privacy
    In Windows 10, you can use apps that can continue to perform actions even when you are not actively in the app’s window. These are commonly called background apps.​

It is not clear whether such background apps are started by OS and not directly by user. And it sounds exactly like apps for smartphones which instead of being closed when you are done with them stays active.

2. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    Yes, but it doesn't match up, for example the MS weather one, I see it working in start menu>live tile on, and yet in settings i have all background apps off (globally).
    Edit: turning off all live tile apps in start menu now does stop them loading with the background apps setting off.
    So it seems active live tile over-rides the setting one.
    Edit2: nope they still run, just delayed start.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  3. yafatana

yafatana Guest

GPU:
    sapphire r9 390 nitro
    Every time I cold start my computer or even restart my start menu and all of the taskbar are not working stuck when I click on them nothing happen and the only fix is logout and login again I clean install Windows 10 many times reinstalled latest amd drivers but the bug still there . Please anyone know at least a walkaround I heard there is a registry edit you can do but I'm not sure .also why Microsoft didn't fix the problem until now ? .on Microsoft forums some people said disabling AMD's "External Event utility worked for them and some said

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Are you alive there?

We have no a clue about universal solution for that glitch after trying all receipts from Internet: PowerShell commands for re-registering store apps, sign-in option, cleaning Start menu cache, resetting Store app, resetting Windows Update, disabling pre-launching of store apps...

PS I still have hope because I have no glitch for a last 24 hours, but I was not checking it regularly...

5. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    What's the reason for my mouse cursor to always be on top when watching movies in VLC and on YouTube?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yesterday I downloaded the latest RS3 Iso..did a clean install -> installed only 18.1.1 Adrenalin amd driver & NOTHING else.

After 2 restarts...start menu began to glitch/not working same with apps opened from taskbar aka windows defender opened after 1 min.

I have no idea whats causing this, but im pretty sure its not my fault,
    Since RS2 is working great for me, they have changed something in RS3 that's causing all this crap, bugging out.

Went back to RS2 and block the updates...see you in RS4.

Looking forward to see how many bugs RS4 will have.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    @LocoDiceGR Yeah, glitches are back here... Something is wrong about ShellExperienceHost process. Sometimes it goes to Suspended but when you click Start menu it goes back to Active. But sometimes it doesn`t go from Suspended to Active when you click Start menu and then menu doesn`t react.

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There is no way to disable service suspensions? High performance plan?

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I have not found. It looks like Suspended is a normal state for UWP apps:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/launch-resume/app-lifecycle
    (and only UWP apps can be in Suspended state)

Note for myself: check the event log "Applications and Services Logs / Microsoft / Windows / BackgroundTasksInfrastructure".

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    This is a little off topic because it's the original release version of Windows 10, but I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the Onedrive icon from this location? You can see it in the list there when extracting things with Winrar or Winzip.

[​IMG]

11. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    ^^
    Hi, sorry but you want remove icon of Onedrive from File Explorer? if yes I know the solution :)

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Never mind I did it~

In HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT>CLSID I deleted everything with [018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6]... by by Skydrive.. I mean.. Onedrive.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why are you using 1507? I could never get over the all white title bars lol.

14. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Guys a question.
    A couple of days ago I received 1709. (Almost) everything is fine but I don't have sound in one Steam game: Steel Ocean.
    I have all sounds possible in Windows and in other games I have (war Thunder, Crossout, Assasins Creed Origins).
    I've tried to change drivers for my Xonar D1 and I even disable it and installed onboard sound, trying to mess with mixer settings in Windows but same problem, no sound in Steel Ocean.
    It's the only game I'm playing for 1-2 hours daily so I was forced to revert to 1703. Everything is fine again.

Do you have any ideas what to try to have sound in that game?

Thanks.

15. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Unfortunately this did not helped with my utorrent autostart bug.

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-fcu-aplication-autostart-bug.417421/#post-5485476

https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-fcu-aplication-autostart-bug.417421/#post-5486781

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I wanted to see how it differs from 1511, turned out to be pretty good, it didn't forget file type associations which was kinda handy, I've since reinstalled 8.1 though after finding some bugs. it seems to be the same every time I try 10, use it for a while, find bugs, get annoyed, go back to 8.1.

17. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    ok but you don't need deleting nothing is only change value of dword of System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree to 0 right ;)

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That did not work for that specific menu which is why I deleted it and found it then went away.. lol.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  19. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    January 31, 2018—KB4058258 (OS Build 16299.214)
    Improvements and fixes
    This update includes quality improvements. No new operating system features are being introduced in this update. Key changes include:

• Addresses a compatibility issue where colors are distorted when the system is connected to displays that support wide color gamut.
    • Addresses a condition where a second monitor that is connected to legacy AMD display adapters flashes after waking from sleep.
    • Addresses issue that causes delays when switching keyboard languages using Alt+Shift.
    • Addresses compatibility issues when rendering certain closed captions or subtitle formats during video playback.
    • Addresses issue where the Microsoft Edge Allow Extension Group Policy for the disabled state was not working.
    • Provides additional protections for 32-bit (x86) versions of Windows 10, version 1709.
    • Resolves the issue reported by some customers on a small subset of older AMD processors where the processor entered an unbootable state after installing January 3, 2018—KB4056892 (OS Build 16299.192).

Dragondale13 and Jackalito like this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Dragondale13 likes this.