Windows 10 RS4 Build 17074

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Jan 12, 2018.

1. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Thanks for the update mate. Trash WU system so many hours, nothing here since yesterday, stuck at 17063. I guess I have to use iso files provided by Wzor.

Extraordinary likes this.
  2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Same, no build offered with 17063 here either

warlord likes this.
  3. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I've manually downloaded and upgraded a successfully burned iso uup file with rufus from wzornet twitter account. I couldn't wait to be honest, I thought my system was buggy and this upgrade was denied from server. Well I suppose if you don't get the update soon you should also upgrade manually to be a lil safer due to patches, I can't understand the reason for the delay from MS update.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Mine's just in a VM so not really bothered atm

HK-1 likes this.

5. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    I left the insider program ages ago, and recently tried to rejoin it, when I go to update and security, Windows insider program, Get started, I go through the process, it then says restart you computer, I restart, goto the Windows insider program tab again, and rather than being a part of it, it once again says Get started, any idea's ?

If I goto the M$ website to register, it says I'm already signed up.

Or if youu have a link to download the ISO of the latest build this may force me onto the insider program again ?

6. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Which version of 10 are you trying to join from?

Yea the MS website says you are already signed up because your account is connected to the insider program, once registered it will always be, the problem is Windows itself in this case it seems

Check WZor twitter or MDL forums for links to ISOs or creating ISOs from UUP files

Jamin280672 likes this.
  7. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    Currently on Windows 10 16299.192 (RS3)

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    I joined from that build myself and I know if I chose the wrong settings in the insider program section it would reset them back to default, I had to choose:

The Next Version of Windows
    Fast

"Skip ahead to the next release" would reset it

9. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    Ahh thanks, i'll try that in a moment, just been reading over at MDL how to grab the UUP files, got them downloading now, very clever, and then convert to ISO.

EDIT: wow that was fast to download LOL, going to try your way first, if it doesn't work, i'll just convert these files to an ISO and do a fresh install.

Extraordinary likes this.
  10. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    Didn't work, creating an ISO now out of the UUP files

11. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    well got it installed, was a bit worried as I used pmagic to secure erase my nmve drives, and then thought, damn, what if the bootable Windows 10 USB stick I created doesn't work properly, thankfully I found a DVD of an old build of windows 10, but not to worry, worked fine, just the long process of setting everything up now, made sure im on the insider program now.

On a different note, I hope they keep these transparency features going.

There is still a few problems, things that I wouldn't expect to be problems TBH, like Settings - Privacy - When I select camera or Microphone, the settings window just quits, ive tried leaving this as feedback on the hub, but even that doesn't seem to be working properly either.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  12. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I had no luck with the last insider builds. The ISO installation from a DVD drive fails while copying the installation files to my RAID-0 array (at around 12%) and I've tried an in-place-upgrade before with the same ISO but it gets stuck at 43 %. Disabling virtualization didn't help either. I hope Microsoft will sort these issues out soon, April is around the corner and I consider it a major issue if the OS cannot be installed properly.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  13. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Win 10 Pro 64bit 17074.1002

MS Store Forza Horizon 3 and Gears of War STILL need to be uninstalled and re-installed. (the re-install option from 17074.1000 seems to have been removed, didn't work anyway). New fix is Gears of War has the correct name now in Start menu rather than the internal app name mumbo jumbo.

However, progress seems to be being made as now FH3 will launch properly without needing to download a free app.

Edge browser still has problems with audio and will regularly close itself if I switch audio devices (tv to soundcard for example).

Also, (17074.1000) often after playing a game on Steam, then, using Edge to watch youtube; there will be no audio. (still checking to see if this bug exists).

14. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    Woah, I just discovered this problem with edge, its obviously still here in 1002, im listening to some music through WMP, and was on facebook at the same time, decided to watch a video, no audio...…..edge is now gone and grabbed chrome, that's working fine.

15. Stormyandcold

Stormyandcold Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3080ti Founders
    Yeah it is. However, with my setup, I may have discovered one of the things causing this. It seems like Edge forces my soundcard to run at 96khz which is cutting out the audio after its switched.

16. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    hmmm...maybe it will work now? Seems like it was Hanging after installing iirc then would boot up as failed....so it might work now

17. Jamin280672

Jamin280672 Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire RX480 8gb Boost
    How did you fix this please ?, that's possibly my problem too as im a 3rd party sound card too, AE5

EDIT, its ok, I found it

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    Stormyandcold likes this.
  18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Never got offered on my VM, I had to create an ISO from UUP

19. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    yea it still hung again on mine. Just eventually goes to the square windows icon with nothing happening...when i find the time ill just go a do a clean install with the last offical build lol. Its been a long time since insiders go anything worth getting excited about anyway. My last real clean install was a couple of years ago