The AMD Ryzen All In One Tread /Overclocking/Memory Speeds & Timings/Tweaking/Cooling

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by chispy, Feb 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Started out on 14-14-14-14-32-1T @ 3200. As soon as was able to get 3466 stable was there. Recently having hit stability with 3508 (101.2BCLK x 3466bootstrap) @ 15-15-15-15-35-50-1T @1.38v have been quite happy there. SOC is offset @ -.01875 and the cpu w a multi of 39 is offset @ +.03750. Will give the 13-13-13-13 a try. Have not even gotten into the whole P-State thing.

2. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Tried 13-13-13-13-32-1T on UEFI 3501, could not get it stable. For that matter, ram speed 3508 ended up being a no go as well. Have since gone back to UEFI 3008 knowing that current settings are good to go. Still feel 3501 is a step in the right direction; just not currently for me.

3. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  4. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    ASRock boards seem to have new BIOSes out, "update AGESA for upcoming processors" :)

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Yep, updated my X370 Killer SLI/ac yesterday. There is a new AMD/ASrock overclocking option. Have no idea which is better.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Notice any improvement or differences otherwise?

I have a Killer SLI (non ac) mobo too. Still using 3.00 (agesa 1006a) as no issues and newer versions haven't added anything notable based on descriptions.

7. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I am still waiting for a new BIOS for my MSI X370 Gaming Plus. Currently using BETA V5.55 as it is more stable for me vs v5.50 but I get PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD a lot from windows even with no overclocking whatsoever.

8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    PFN is harddisk related .. doesn't Event Viewer show what HHD this is happening on ?

9. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    is overclock.net down or am I constantly hitting the site during maintenance? Was down yesterday, Monday, and was down today. Will give it a try again in the morning.

10. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Unfortunately the Intel microcode issue may affect the release schedule of AMD platform motherboards, at least in the short term. Now that the majority of manufacturers have released updated bioses, they will have to do so again since the current microcode update is bugged. This time around it's quite possible they'll do more testing/more testing of the updated bioses, which could impede on the testing and release of AMD bioses. AMD bioses are currently undergoing a major update with the AGESA code, which in turn means updating of other functions of the bios. Even if you did have to wait a few weeks the next bios release will likely be very attractive of a preposition.

11. dk_lightning

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    HDD? Everything I have looked at on google says its memory related?!

12. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    PFN is short for Page Frame Number which is being used to index files on your HDD.
    So that would be the first place I would look. But as you say it could also be caused by bad ram or a buggy driver, since the PFN list is kept in the kernel of the OS.
    But doesn't event viewer give you any clues ?

13. dk_lightning

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    I cant find anything in the EV to do with pfn_list_corrupt. But now that you mention HDD I wonder if the SATA cables I an using could be to blame. They are white ones that have flat connectors vs right angle ones as i needed flat ones or id not be able to connect my SSD'S. They are quite slim and "delicate".

Things where fine until I switched to Ryzen but at the same time I started using these SATA cables. I will have to get some new "decent" ones and see if the error goes away.

I can get this error like clockwork, All I have to do is go in the bios, not change anything and exit and windows will BSOD with pfn_list_corrupt every time. I have to do a cold boot to be able to get into windows witch is why I was thinking its MOBO/CPU/RAM related vs SSD related.

14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
  15. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    PRIME X370-PRO BIOS 3803
    1.Improve system performance
    2.Update to AGESA 1000a for new upcoming processors
    Will post screens shortly

Edit
    Flashing went without any issues. Still vulnerable to spectre !
    Only changes I can see after a quick look around is the return of CLDO VDDP voltage adjustment
    Will tweak a little and compare to previous benchmarks.

Edit II
    Max memory speed is now 4200 MHz .. dunno what it was before.
    Memory latency is now ONLY 4 ns slower than bios 1201. Quick benchmark show similar speed to 1201, which so far was the fastest for me. Will try higher memory speeds.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018

16. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    In bios 3803 I had some sound issues in The Division - no crashes or anything but sound cutting in and out. But after changing RAM settings to values recommended in Ryzen ram calculator everything is back to normal.
    This bios benches just as good and sometimes better that 1201 so it a keeper for now. 3200 Mhz is so close now (2 x 16 GB) but not 100% stable.
    Which is a shame since Ryzen ram calculator states my ram can do 3733 MHz easy since quality is 92%. But I guess I will have to wait until Ryzen+ or get one of the more recent 1800x's.

17. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    TridentZ F4-320014D-32GTZ (Samsung B-Die)

18. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    The 3502 Bios for Asus Crosshair VI Hero motherboards is now official. You can find them on Asus' website.

19. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Since there is no difference between the beta that Elmor made available earlier and the one released by ASUS themselves, have had a little bit of time to play with 3502...ended up going back to 3008. Will play with it a bit more and see if increasing the SOC voltage will improve ram speed stability; not before this weekend though.

20. Aveiler

Aveiler New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580 8GB
    Hello everyone! I have already read the first 30 pages of this thread to find some answers for my memory oc on my Ryzen 5 1600, but i steal have problems because i am a newbie to memory oc. My mobo is ASUS PRIME B350 PLUS with the latest bios, and my memory kit is Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16. Can anyone help me with the settings and timings? XMP profile doesn't work offcourse, even when i set my self the timings, voltages, clocks etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.