Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Announced for PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Square Enix announced that world of Ivalice will be headed to PC-via Steam when Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age launches on February 1.Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age tells the story of the small ki...

Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age Announced for PC

2. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
  3. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    50$? Guess Ill wait to play it.

4. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
    considering the 20% discount in the first week, its what: 40ish?

and if your a fan like me who played it in 2006 on the ps2, jesus i am old ... the price tag is ok, at least for me.

but if i start the game today on pcsx2 1.4, run it in 2160p with a postfilter, disable bilinear filtering, to make the image extra crisp. it looks and runs impressive. if the remastered version cant hold up to that on the pc in 2160p i will refund it.

[​IMG]

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'd have bought it on release if it weren't for Denuvo. It's just a kick to the balls for legit customers.

6. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
    if you have a regular internet connection denuvo is not a problem.

denuvo would be a problem if they shutdown the denuvo reg servers, later down the road and the devs wont patch it out of the game then. that is the only scenario where denuvo is a problem.

if you have no internet connection to reach a denuvo reg server, you also cant reach steam to buy the game in the first place.

i rly don`t see any problem.

imho: all the drm`s are a huge waste of money, bcus all gets cracked sooner or later.

7. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Man, look at that horrid ground, text, and map....the PS4 pro version definitely looks massively better then that....god awful picture you just posted, so i can only assume it'll be just as good, if not better for PC

[​IMG]

8. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    but again, PS4pro / PC version is basically updated/hi-res texture + movie, plus added bgm/soundtrack . right ? cmiiw

even with beautiful texture, it will still look outdated because polygon count is to small
    i think we can compare this with FFX / X-2 PC

now compared to emulator that free
    for $40 it depends on yourself i guess, if you enjoy the game and want to replay it, the price is okay i guess
    but if u think not worth the price, with addition denuvo ... then wait half year (autumn/winter), and get it when 50% off

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    even if it HD remake they asking to much for what was actual done.

10. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    i tried to like this

i tried to like this game in about 2008, and thought, this is like an mmo, I don't like mmo's, grindy, repetitive

i tried to like this in 2017 when it came out again, and I thought, this is like an mmo, this is like a worse version of FF14, i'm just gonna renew my sub to that and play that instead

The game seems to be praised quite a lot but I just don't see it,

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah i tried to like the game to back when it released i even got the spcial edition tin case one, first thing i thought was why do i feel like i playing mmo? irnoicly i hated FF13 for ps3 more and went back to play this but still could finish this game and FF15 took an even bigger change to the series, I dont think i have like FF game since X

to me FF will always be Turnbased combat where i control ALL characters X was the last tone i truely saw as that, XII was sorta kinda realtime turn based ala mmo style.

I like my old school jRPG and this what i expect from FF, till this changes FF is pretty much dead to me, unless i get said new game super duper cheap, i will never get them.

guarantee I will sit down and finish XII before i finish XIII or bother to get XV I will probablt play I~XII again multiple times before i bother to finish XIII or get get XV

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  12. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
    yes a lot of the assets look nicer esp the hud, but it (ps4 remastered version) looks blurry to me, if i compare the screens in fullscreen. the textures look low res and poor filtered. not that the retro ps2 textures are much better, but ps2 textures with no bilinear filtering over mud filtered remake textures on the ground and sky.

we will se how it looks in motion, and if the remake has true 60 fps, the ps2 version even displayed at 60fps is not real 60fps, huge judder. only when you unlock the fpscap to 120 it gets to 60fps fluid.

a lot a if and whens, lets hope they get i done good.

and just to remind everybody, this was how it looked back in the days: (mud and blur and juck:eek:)

[​IMG]

and this how it looks when you push the emulation to the max:

[​IMG]

so its complaining on a very high level, if we compare the remastered and the max emulated version to the original :D

13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    you have filtering off on the emulator most definitely dont look like when TF is forced

14. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
    sry tsunami231, my eng is quite ok and could also be better, but i rly don`t understand your sentence above. no offense, but i rly don`t understand what you wanna say.

15. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    False. You didn't need a connection to install a Steam game in the past, and a lot of people have unstable internet, downloading a game to them is a lot different than staying connected or even reconnecting at all in the future. Denuvo is all but confirmed to eat up a pointless amount of CPU cycles, and anyone who says otherwise is too busy sucking corporate cock to state an objective opinion, or any real opinion at all. A program consistently checking things doesn't work on magic, it works on CPU cycles. Denuvo is basically DRM for the DRM, these newer versions have another layer on top of that, and it will do absolutely NOTHING to pirates. Anyone who wants to pirate it will just wait. It's only legit customers who are ever affected by DRM.

And maybe you're forgetting the same crap-heads responsible for SecuROM are behind Denuvo. Why not install some Sony Music CD root kits on our PCs while we're ignoring Denuvo? Borders on Ostrich Parasitic Syndrome. It starts with "it doesn't matter". It does matter.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Texture filtering is OFF in emulator texture textures dont look that bad in it, I can play FFXII in pcsx2 make it look just as good as the ps4 verison,, just not the pre renders scense there is nothing that can be done about that

Example of pcsx2 running the game
    [​IMG]
    that is about 1080p, and it can be done at 4k or higher if the persons system has the power to do so

errr really? even more reason to wait till that crap is removed from DX:MD i hated securom

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  17. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
    now i get it tsunami. the problem i have with pcsx2 is that you can only use bilinear filtering forced & ps2 if you want texture filtering at all. i miss hqx2, hqx4, super2xsaI & supereagle, for the textures. bilinear looks too smooth and muddy if it gets to large ground, structure and sky textures, so i prefer no filtering at all and sharp pixels. on the ps1 emulation side with peops gfx plugins, you had the option for sal filters.

at least i don`t know that for gui and surface textures is anything other then bilinear available under pcsx2.

and neo cyrus, drm is a drag i know but what can you do? don`t buy or buy and accept the nonsense. for me, i decide on a per game basis, if i am willing to bend over ;)

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black

it all depend on what version of pcsx2 your using. pcsx2 has come along way in last 2 years especialy in terms of opengl features and support, well providing your using nvidia, amds opengl support is utter crap, which why vulcan show such huges gains compared to there opengl

19. spex_2

spex_2 Guest

GPU:
    a
    latest is still 1.4.0 stable.

and yeah i remember using it back in the days, where you had to fiddle around endless times in the vu & ee/iop settings to keep the game from stuttering and freaking out all the time. the pcsx2 team made a great job, but since the time of quad cores above 3ghz and gpus about the gtx 970, things got a loooooot better. even to the point where i can now run most of the ps2 games at 4320p via down sampling and the gpu has still 10% to 20% room left.

buuut i miss a better way to filter the textures and some sort of ssao / hbao, what is not possible due to missing depth buffer in the ps2 in general :/

if you look to the comp list https://pcsx2.net/compatibility-list.html almost 96% of all games are now playable. what an accomplishment.

20. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black