Geforce driver 390.65 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    About my COD Ghosts MSAA glitch,

it turns out its nvidia mfaa+ enhance 4xmsaa + 4xtrssaa fault.. I turned all off and its ok now..

But it use to be ok too before, well obviously :)

2. jdc2389

jdc2389 Guest

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650
    E: frame drops/stutters and crashing in csgo is gone now. That was too long.. they showed up with some more bloatware though. -__- I think the fps drop is from the windows vuln update.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. sideeffect

sideeffect Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 3070
    Nvidia HDR API is working again so I can use MadVR to output HDR directly rather than changing to microsoft HDR. Please keep it working Nvidia it's the better solution.

Other than that a bit of a let down after the unnecessary build up.o_O

lucidus likes this.
  4. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Superposition
    388.31 : 8817
    390.65 : 8849

Heaven
    388.31 : 3547##fps : 140,18##min : 37,6##max : 313,1
    390.65 : 3633##fps : 144,02##min : 40,4##max : 314,1

Timespy
    388.31 : 8715##graphics score : 9847##graphics test 1 : 63,53##graphics test 2 : 56,97
    390.65 : 8686##graphics score : 9783##graphics test 1 : 62,92##graphics test 2 : 56,76

haxzion, dr_rus, Singleton99 and 2 others like this.

5. greatxerox

greatxerox Member

GPU:
    2xSLI GTX TITAN X PASCAL
    there is a good community for 3DVision. Personnaly, i use 3DVision, it's fantastic and far better than the normal "flat".
    the problem is a lot of people just can't know how 3DVision is well made. and also it needs 3DVision special monitor, expensive.

the shaderhacker communitiy is still active on http://helixmod.blogspot.fr/ with new releases regulary.

6. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    I get that and have no doubt that it can be nice. Just wondering why they had to be installed as default, cluttering up the files.

7. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I have a 3DVision monitor, so I install that part of the driver. If I didn't I WOULD JUST NOT INSTALL THEM.

Are you dense? Click custom install and uncheck it. It is literally almost zero effort.

8. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Will update later today. Not particularly because of that Spectre bug, but I got some weird bugs and happenings since I installed the last one, let's see if it's the driver.

9. nevcairiel

nevcairiel Master Guru

GPU:
    Because it doesn't really harm those that don't use it, but not enabling it by default would cause user-support issues for those that do want to use it (since they would have to pick advanced install and enable it manually). On that note, 3DVision is also required for 3D video output over HDMI (at least the base component, not the USB thing)

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    My output dynamic range keeps getting reset to limited every reboot! GTX 1070/Win10 14393.

11. Dj_ALeX

Dj_ALeX Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 Gaming X
    The uxdservice hang on system shutdown/reboot seems to be gone/fixed and now my system reboots/shutsdown instantly as it should be. Anyone else noticed that? Also the Vulkan API version has been updated to 1.0.65. On performance part, the numbers are good more or less the same or a little better in games. Also the frametimes are consistent across all the games i tested (R6 Siege - The Devision - NFS Payback and Shadow of War).I'll keep testing some more and report back. Btw i saw in the change log PDF on page 28 that the driver branch from 390.XX until 395.XX will still support 32bit OSs until we reach the branch 396.XX + (its my guess :p )..!

Singleton99 and caleb59 like this.
  12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    I changed mine last night in vidio settings of CP to 0-255 full and it was still set to it this morning (cold start).
    I had set a custom res and it wasn't being used (still listed), in windows display settings I unchecked the hidden res's and that seemed to fix it.
    Last time I think it all worked fine from NV CP.

Seems good so far, only ran it for a hr in BF1 my fps was smooth for most part, will need more testing but seems as good as 388.13.
    PS on Win10 1703

13. ZloY SloN

ZloY SloN Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080ti
    I can confirm the issue. I had to revert back to 388.71 to resolve this.

14. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Now that GFE 3.12 is out freestyle is now available.

My initial verdict.. It's not terrible and there are some useful settings in there.. It's not all just crappy overlays. Detail, Clarity, Sharpening, DOF, Bloom, HDR Toning, Blur and each filter has a load of sliders to hone in how you want things. They're definitely aiming towards the SweetFX crowd.. It's essentially what it is.. With sliders for everything..

15. KayserKay

KayserKay Member

GPU:
    Palit Super JS GTX 1070

16. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Playing with Freestyle more.. I'm really liking it a lot. So many options and AC Origins looks fantastic now..

Here is a sample after some basic playing around with settings. Before Freestyle, after Freestyle with AC Origins.. Yup.. Kissing SweetFx etc goodbye.. There isn't a need anymore..

Link to imgur gallery to not clog up the thread with large screenshots.

The amount of detail popping out now is like night and day.. I'm sold.. Good job Nvidia

AC Origin settings are set to Ultra for both

https://imgur.com/a/n43uo

Apparatus and Singleton99 like this.
  17. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070
    styckx > would be better to save it as PNG ... screens you uploaded shown compression.

18. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    No need for PNG. Just need to compress to higher quality JPG.

19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    They are PNG, it's Imgur.. Not exactly the gold standard for picture quality.

Let me try this.. Yup much better..

https://flic.kr/s/aHsmc85vdW

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 4070