Geforce driver 390.65 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by skizzo, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Mateja

Mateja Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    that freestyle vid looks like trash. if I wanted to give my games a crappy photoshop posterized look i'd screw with my TV settings w/ no performance hit to the GPU.

how about some effects that gamers actually like? motion blur, real cel shading, depth of field. they want people to think this is like ReShade, but that would actually require work. a cheap photoshop posterize filter is not necessary.

just do what coporations do best. buy ReShade and steal their technology. this half assed knock off is a pointless gimmick

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  2. janos666

janos666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 10Gb
    + HDR in old games like ME:Andromeda which stopped working with Win10 Creators and nV drivers above 378.xx just started working again.

3. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    No performance improvements, just more bloatware..

Xtreme512 and tensai28 like this.
  4. Keesberenburg

Keesberenburg Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 TI sc
    To much anti Nvidia trolls here you dont know anymore what is real or fake, post some benchmarks before you troll Nvidia drovers down.

5. MaxiJazz

MaxiJazz Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070
    Anybody have link to Geforce Exprerience 3.12? Freestyle is only for 3.12. Can't find it even on nvidia site.

6. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    It's not up on their website either. Weird. I thought they rolled it out already as I've seen some videos on YouTube with Freestyle testing.

7. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    According to the GeForce Experience At CES 2018 article, you have en opt-in to the GeForce experience beta program : https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/geforce-experience/beta/

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    been gone for while its still listed in nvidia inspector though

mikev190 likes this.
  9. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    https://www.techspot.com/news/72273-amd-launches-new-radeon-software-adrenalin-edition-here.html

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_page..._edition_driver_december_2017_analysis,5.html

https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/12/20/amd_radeon_software_adrenalin_edition_performance/4

10. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    It helps if you arent losing 10% of the performance from the start.
    Sounds like a bum deal for AMD users.

11. BlueRay

BlueRay Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
  12. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    well freestyle i asuming is only works if GFE is installed? and running?, not like i ever use such things or i will ever install GFE intentionally

14. Luca Dallari

Luca Dallari Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 1070
    I have a strange bug in the nvidia control panel. If i set the settings for a game than i play it, it goes well. however, if i set the settings for another game, and then decide to play the first one, the settings set before doesn't work anymore, even though in the control panel they're still there

15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Once again 388.43 remains the best performing driver and I am skipping these.

16. knivestv

knivestv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti SC
    G-Sync is working again in Guild Wars 2. It wasn't working on the 388 drivers so I had to disable full screen optimisations as a workaround to make it engage properly, but doing that caused the screen to flash on and off repeatedly showing the desktop background during loading screens. Now it's all good again, full screen ops re-enabled and no flashing. Frames are good, 65 - 90 while running around Lion's Arch at 1440p.

17. Equinoxe

Equinoxe Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    DIRT 4 SLI! :D:cool:

18. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    The article says "The driver also introduces a security update against the Spectre variant 2 (CVE-2017-5753) vulnerability."
    Nvidia's site seem to indicate CVE-2017-5753 is variant 1, and they have not yet released a fix for variant 2.
    From Nvidia's site 01/08/2018 10:36 AM:
    Variant 2 (CVE-2017-5715): NVIDIA’s initial analysis indicates that the NVIDIA GPU Display Driver is potentially affected by this variant. NVIDIA expects to work together with its ecosystem partners on future updates for this variant.

The new GPU driver fixes it's own problems. I don't think it's good PR to advertise that you're driver is vulnerable - so the 'PR bs' theory doesn't make sense to me.

19. CaptaPraelium

CaptaPraelium Guest

GPU:
    On the contrary, it is GOOD PR to announce that you have a vulnerability. Keeping vulns secret is frowned upon. See: NSA

@spectatorx to answer your question, the technologies which these vulnerabilities use, are in all kinds of processors. Not only CPUs, but GPUs too.

CrazyBaldhead likes this.
  20. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    In addition to performance being slightly lower than 388.43(best performing driver to date for me), these drivers also have pretty severe artifacts on rise of the tomb raider dx12. Went back to 388.43 and all is fine. Never had this problem on any other driver.