Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Started a new thread cos the other one is for BFBC3 which is going to come earliest 2019.

Here are some new infos:

2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Sign me up! COD WW2's multi-player was complete garbage. There hasn't been a good WW2 game since COD World at War.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    Shataan and ShadowDuke like this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I've never skipped two battlefield games in a row before... this would be a first :/

4. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    This is disappointing. I was expecting a departure from early the 20th century. I'd prefer just moving BF 4 into the new engine.

5. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    Man not again. I was hoping for a standard warfare game, like bf3 or 4.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    They take assets from BF1, weapons etc. and modify them and so on. Thats less work than making new ones from scratch. Maybe thats also one reason to go for WW2 instead of Mondern Warfare.

I can say for myself, im happy with it. I dont like the modern warfare type as much as i like WW2/1. WW2 market in FPS was sated but its getting a comeback with Call of Duty and now Battlefield. People also asked for it and wanted (lets say) back to the roots and away from modern stuff. Sure, not everyone like you already can see in some previous comments. ;)

Solfaur and jbscotchman like this.
  7. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Yes!!! So in for a quality WW2 game since COD was such a let down. I know they will deliver. Love BF1.

ShadowDuke and Solfaur like this.
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This is 100% the reason, they will have such an easier job that they simply can't skip this opportunity.

I'm hyped for another big AAA WW2 game (didn't even try to play the latest COD...) after such a long time. And while I do see why people would want to go back to modern, I just hate all the lock-on bullshit and other gimmick drone gadgets that come with it, so that's why I will prefer this over a modern setting any day.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  9. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    BF1 like in WW2 theater ? Seems great but I hope they won't make same mistakes with BF1... (not only technical, mechanics too)

10. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Meh, i wanted a Vietnam game... Battlefield Vietnam is still my favourite battlefield game...

TeX_UK likes this.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
  12. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    Wasn't this supposed to be a hoax?

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    What was - but no.

14. KiloKush

KiloKush Guest

GPU:
    1080 SuperJetstream
    Me too! But Secret Weapons of WWII was also amaizing

XenthorX and Slam like this.
  15. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I don't understand people's fascination with games set in the early 1900s. The guns sucked around those times! I personally don't want these games to be too futuristic or go too far back where weapons are either too ridiculous or awfully backwards. They should stick to current or recent times with weapons etc, it yields in more options and whatnot. I finally bought BF1 revolution because it was on sale ($24), but after playing for a week, I have already lost interest. The only Battlefields that kept me around for long were BC2 and BF3. I would love a followup to BC2, rather than doing something entirely new, and slapping "BC3" on it just cause.

nz3777 likes this.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This one is easy for me, no lock-on missles, ucav, rc etc. gimmicks. If those would not be apparently mandatory in a modern setting, then sure, I too would prefer the modern weapons.

Also, if you like flying, then BF1 offers by faaaaaar the best experience in a BF game ever for the same reasons.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  17. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    That's another thing I never understood: why do people want absolute realism in a..... video game? Enlist in army, if total realism is a priority; you will get more than you asked for. This is not a bash, but a serious question. Imho, video games should be treated as a gataway from realism (not a getaway from realism back in to realism). I think that's what makes call of duty (as much as I dislike its milking aspect) so smooth. in terms of animation and gameplay overall, they are not trying to imitate reality down to the dot; it's boring. These are not facts, but some heavy opinions from your fellow gamer lol

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    @shoja Nah I'm not after realism, I mean, there are other games like Insurgency or Verdun that have that and it will for sure never happen in a AAA game, it's just too much. :)

As said though, my problem is with lock-on and other drone gimmicks that are inevitable tied to a modern setting. At least if they would be a pickup (like the elite classes in BF1) random on the map, then it would be ok. But if they can be abused and spammed from the base then well... and I say this as a guy who had several service stars with UCAV in BF4, I wasn't even leaving my base and get tons of multikills, it was ridiculous lol!

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    As an enlisted soldier who has had one tour so far I can say that I like the Idea of historical games which focus on using older weapons simply because it was such a pinnacle time in our history and a little more brutal.

I totally get where you are coming from though. WW1 and WW2 is and will forever be embedded in societies minds. I mean there are still movies coming out focusing around those periods. It just so vast and so much material to use and in some cases unexplored.

I don't dislike modern themes in today's games, but games are games and opinions are opinions. I cringe a little when people ask for realism because they have little to no clue about it aside from media or hear say. So I agree with you on that point. You could even include a higher graphical demand into that. Why do we need better graphics? I think it comes down to escapism.

20. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    like ur avatar, out of topic but justice league sucked ass, about bf ww2, well for me like ww2 setting, and i sitll play bf4 from time to time