Cemu, a potent WiiU emulator

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Netherwind, Jan 31, 2017.

1. lexer98

lexer98 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    The big difference is Dolphin is a open source emulator and isn't using any code from NINTENDO, they just reverse engineering the console understand how it works and made his own code
    CEMU is close source so probably they are using proprietary code or/and libraries, so essentially cheating
    I will never support this type of emulation, CEMU devs want to make money not preserve the console over time like PCSX2 or Dolphin. They just shifted the development schedule to make zelda works .....:bang:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  2. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
  3. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Dual UV
  4. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Kai a small warning, the Guru3D forums are not your personal playground to advertise/plug your YT channel okay? If you link a video every now and then, hey not an issue. But once users start to notice and file reports on YT advertising, that's something to take seriously.

Thanks for understanding.

5. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    It appears the latest build (version 1.11.3) of the emulator has multi core cpu support.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Experimental dual and triple core compiler support. From reading the Reddit threads for Cemu it works really well for several CPU models though AMD GPU's sees little improvement possibly due to their OpenGL core still following single threaded standards whereas Nvidia uses multi-threading. (Not exactly sure but I think OGL is single threaded by nature so AMD is simply following that, might be less troublesome in terms of compatibility but they're losing out in overall performance when compared to NVidia.)

It's still early though, some more years of development should iron out most compatibility and performance issues (It's been several years for Wii emulation, even more for older consoles and even way back as the SNES those emulators are still updated and improved.)

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You might see the biggest difference in BOTW for example. Some claim that 4K/60fps is possible but I cannot achieve that on my machine (at least not roaming outside).