Latest Denuvo Protections Seems to Hold and hasn’t been cracked

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. eTheBlack

eTheBlack Active Member

GPU:
    GigaByte R9 280X W3X OC
    FYI, Origins also have VMProtect on top of Denuvo. So even if 4.7 version of Denuvo gets cracked, Origins probably won't be yet.

3. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    The only acceptable forms of DRM are those that can be cracked. I have some Starforce protected games on DVD from way before 2010, and none of them work anymore. Try using the Splinter Cell Chaos Theory or Colin McRae 2005 DVDs today. They're just worthless $60 coasters now. If it wasn't for cracks, I couldn't play these games anymore. The cracked versions on the other hand work perfectly fine on modern Windows.

Seriously, fk "uncrackable DRM." I don't want to buy games with a built-in expiration date anymore. GOG does really seem to be the most reasonable source to buy games from now.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  4. fOrTy_7

fOrTy_7 Guest

GPU:
    N/A
    Soon we will need DPU (DRM processing unit) in our PCs.

Hopefully, if this time comes some greedy company will buy them out and the technology will die like PPU (physics processing unit).

I mean how many DRM systems on top of each other do we really need?

If you buy Ubisoft game on Steam you'll get: Steam -> Uplay -> Denuvo -> VMProtect -> always online.

I refuse to buy games that run on Virtual Machine and force you to be always online (apart from your ISP, there are often problems with backend servers).

5. RedSquirrel

RedSquirrel Guest

GPU:
    Intel Iris 6100
    No, because they are not worth pirating :/

Certainly not worth building a £1000+ gaming rig for.

6. Vipu2

Vipu2 Guest

GPU:
    1070ti
    Just wait until some good games worth cracking comes with the new Denuvo and it will be gone in no time.

7. Apparatus

Apparatus Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 ti Vision OC
    Come on guys.
    How can you say that the reason is that these games are not worth cracking ?
    Crackers crack every little terrible game released,
    and many people give them a try cause they are free.
    And you believe that nobody would be interested to play titles such as Assassin's Creed, NFS, FM and Battlefront 2 ?

8. Ricepudding

Ricepudding Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Just wish companies would give up on this DRM nonsense. people who dont want to buy the game will never ever buy the game, they will wait however long to pirate it or move on elsewhere. many who pirate just dont have the income needed to purchase the games that they want or some just get them for the sake of getting them.

Just hate how it ends up affecting those like me who actually spend the money to purchase the games, AC:O is a good example of DRM going wrong... even if i can run it, i'm either getting less FPS than i should be or my system is having to work that much harder causing my electricity bill to become higher.

Though more i think about it i think places like EA and ubisoft know DRM is pointless and just do it to appease their stock holders more than anything, to show they are trying to least do something to protect their IPs

xIcarus likes this.
  9. ChisChas

ChisChas Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim X 4090
    So anything I don't have the income to afford, I can basically steal? Is this what you are saying? Yes, DRM and any other measures to combat stealing are a pain for all those who pay for their music, films, games but if the stealing hadn't become so prevalent than we would still be loading our games in the non-restrictive way I can still load 'Return to Castle Wolfie' (ok, we'd be using DVD's and a good few of them) but Steam and its mateys have come about for a reason.

And I own shares via my pension and ISA's and yes, I would like my pension and ISA's to perform well so I have the income to to pay for food, heating & lighting, games etc so it helps me if the companies who produce music, films and games do well. I think in the UK, people are good at 'giving' in all sorts of ways (money, things, time) to help those less fortunate in society, where I live we have a growing number of charity shops that are clearly very well supported. Games are tricky to 'give' but music and films aren't.

Sorry, got to go now, I'm off to a class to learn 'How To Steal That New Ferrari I can't Afford'. Very annoying, the car manufacturers inconveniently fit DRM devices to make it difficult to steal their products, I need one of those key boosting devices featured on Guru3D recently (the YouTube video of the Mercedes-Benz being stolen).

10. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It's not stealing.

Sharing is caring :)

Passus and Keitosha like this.

11. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I'm not a person that likes piracy and I'm generally ashamed of it. I'm lazy and I like to have my games updated, with easy community and mod access, so I buy those.
    If a game refuses to give me a good community, mods, multiplayer experience without hackers, continuity and on top off all that even sinks performance with DRM, I'll never buy it. I'll pirate it without remorse, play it if I like it and delete it forever.

xIcarus and HonoredShadow like this.
  12. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    While the games that I have played with Denuvo implemented I have never noticed any performance drops at all. But what I do not like about it is where they cut you off from playing for a certain amount of time if you are benchmarking the game from a hardware aspect like Hilbert has done from having too many hardware changes. To me that is BS. Yeah I know that there are review codes to get around this. But to me still this isn't as bad as Secu-ROM where the game refuses to load because of having either Deamon Tools installed or having 2 optical drives installed on your computer. Another thing that is annoying about it is no mods to allow for extra content in the game.

13. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    The load times of injustice 2 are abysmal. I hope this virus is gone soon.

14. Raider0001

Raider0001 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    To tell you the truth I was going to check Assassins Creed 1 when it came out, there was no proper crack for it back in time and I could not afford it at the moment, I did not play it. Now I do not give a toss about any of them coming out because I am so far back I cant really enjoy the graphics of the first chapter and I do not want to start in the middle or at the end of series, even tho I got AC 1 for free and Black Flag or something

15. Prince Valiant

Prince Valiant Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 ti
    Why am I not surprised?

16. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    *Deep breath*
    Here we go again on this topic.

Studies have absolutely failed to show how piracy negatively impacts the big corporations' money. Do you know why? Because it's very likely exactly as he said. The vast majority of people who aren't gonna buy your game, aren't gonna buy your bloody game, whether they pirate it or not.
    People who can't afford your game? Ain't gonna buy.
    People who don't give a crap about your game? Ain't gonna buy. Ain't even gonna pirate.
    People who are even mildly interested about your game? May pirate. May straight up buy. May buy after they pirate.

Let me talk to you about my relationship with The Witcher 3. It's a game from a genre that I do not enjoy and I had exactly 0 intention of purchasing it. Do you know what I did? I pirated it. Do you know what happened next? I procreating bought it because it's an amazing game.
    CDPR gained a customer because of piracy.

You're so caught up in this 'stealing' analogy that you absolutely fail to realize how the corporations are shitting on you as a customer by implementing impossible DRM. And their excuse is that the customers crap on them in the past so now they have to crap back.
    No, that's horseshit. That's a cheap way of convincing you that they're well within their right to sell dumbed down games to you. Games which stop working after a few years because of the DRM. Games which perform worse than they should because of the DRM. Games which stop working once you change hardware because of that damn DRM again. And they convinced you that it's your fellow gamers' fault.

And before you say games aren't expensive, I'll stop you right there. An AAA title in Romania costs about 13% of the average Vasile's salary. You do not want to hear about the situation in poorer countries like India.
    Let me ask you this: if piracy is so rampant, why is the indie scene alive? Why isn't every indie studio instantly going bankrupt after they release decent games? Why are only shitty indie studios going bankrupt while the decent ones remain?
    Your stealing analogy is baseless, useless and makes no sense. A real analogy would be like receiving an identical replica of that Ferrari for free.

I simply can't possibly fathom how some of you can defend the huge corporations which repeatedly screw you over for money, especially in sh1t where they're not even in the right. They don't even make demos anymore so they can screw you into buying their game directly.

You don't buy a car before test driving it but heaven forbid you attempt to try a game before buying it.

EspHack, mikev190, gx-x and 3 others like this.
  17. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    Well piracy is piracy while it is illegal and anethical is not stealing exactly not like stealing a car, if you steal a car then you get someones else car and the piracy anlogy would be standind next to the car touching it for x amount of time then you have one also, would i ever steal a car ? No never , would i ever pirate a car if it was possible? Well i want to say no but... most likely i would. My example is obviously watered down and in no way shape or form want to encourage pirating or show an excuse for it on the other hand does not fall down on the original term of stealing it is a mix of counterfiting , like all the fanous brands on clothes they get counterfited to oblivion

18. Kaltern

Kaltern Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 Super
    You can test drive a Ferrari...

These days, demo's of AAA games are not as forthcoming, unless you pay money to do it. Yes, there are refund options incoming - finally, but even these are quite restrictive, and in many cases, don't always allow enough gameplay to realise how bad something is.

Brasky likes this.
  19. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    what about Injustice 2 ? Seems there's a crack there.

20. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    Yeah, especially Ubisoft went from no DRM to 100% always online DRM protection back in 2009, I think, yet they saw no increase in sales. In fact what they saw was "PC game sales are down 90% without a corresponding lift in console sales". http://www.pcgamer.com/opinion-ubisoft-piracy-and-the-death-of-reason/

What a surprise that when I was looking for that old article I also found this https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/25/no...cts-video-games-sales-says-the-eu-commission/

Maybe they should focus on making games, instead of trying to sell us every crap they produce and being astonished, that no one wants to buy it.

xIcarus likes this.