Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Dec 12, 2017.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Please Remember to Clear in Safe Mode:

c:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache\
    c:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\AMD\DxCache\
    c:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\AMD\GLCache\

To have clean Cache, It's Adrenalin :D

HK-1 likes this.
  2. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    Android app now works with 5.0 + systems. Checked on my sgs4 and it works perfect.

3. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    Btw, whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.7.2-july19.exe was the latest without it on that branch.

4. Ludvig

Ludvig Guest

GPU:
    R7 370 2G PCS+
    Alley Viper,were you able to test these new Adrenalin drivers?

5. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    Fallout 4 crashes for me whenever I want to access menu with those drivers.

6. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Guest

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    I had same prob. Try setting voltage controls to third party an disable power play support in unofficial overclocking settings. That's how I got mine too work, cos OverdriveN dnt work with my Gpu

7. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Guest

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    ATT Is a old overclocking type tool it's not the tray icon so if u dnt have it installed ur good to keep the tray icon on your task bar.

8. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    yep really this tool is very useful help a lot ;)

9. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Doesn't DDU take care of this already?

10. Jouven

Jouven Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro OC
    "Unofficial overclocking mode" in afterburner is now (since the driver change) grayed for me and when I apply the clock controls the hardware monitor clock values don't change. OverdriveN does work.

11. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Shader cache get invalidated at ever driver sign or API changes (at least under DirectX environment, but I am pretty confident the same is on OpenGL and Vulkan), you should not need to clear it

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It should, though from what I remember AMD wipes the DX folder (Deletes it entirely actually.) but leaves the OGL folder when you update to a newer driver.

Steam generates two caches as of it's OpenGL query exe files that it starts whenever it's launched, if those are still there after a driver update that should indicate the driver installer doesn't clean out existing files.
    Though it doesn't really need too, if two other files of a different name are generated it would have invalidated them that way but you'd have some junk files to clean up eventually.
    (Whereas for NVidia using the existing appdata temp folder for cache storage I think Windows cleans that out periodically as part of it's many maintenance and background cleanup and servicing tasks though I could be wrong and it's the Windows temp folder only.)

OnnA likes this.
  13. Ludvig

Ludvig Guest

GPU:
    R7 370 2G PCS+
    I'm not thanking at all those who said that the UVD bug was fixed! IT IS NOT.Eventually installed the Adrenalin drivers,opened several tabs with videos,ads,etc and now I'm stucked at 450/1400.Really pathetic from AMD.My cg is from 2015 and I'm now condemned to stay with a 1.5 year old driver,beta moreover.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2017
  14. Ludvig

Ludvig Guest

GPU:
    R7 370 2G PCS+
    What do you mean?

15. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Yawn, your gpu is based on a 5 1/2 year old GPU. GCN 1.0 HD 7850.

What is pathetic, people not figuring out how to fix it and cry for a software solution to fix a bios issue for most GCN 1.0. A simple bios fix of making UVD state 2 matching performance 1 fixes the issue. Took 10 minutes to do on my old HD 7850 crossfire that I also ran eyefinity off.

16. Ludvig

Ludvig Guest

GPU:
    R7 370 2G PCS+
    Hello,Agonist

would you be kind enough to lead all of us suffering from this bl...y problem.Please write a tuto for simpletons that we'll follow step by step.TEN YEARS with AMD and I never ran into such a massive hassle (And no,I never ever modified a GPU bios).Thank you.

17. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/1552#issuecomment-351350726

Unsure how important it is for newer software but might be useful to know about. :)

18. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    I agree. Thats what i did on a Sapphire 7970 6Gb version to fix UVD clock issues for GCN 1.0. Some people will choose to disagree and argue this and that.....worked perfect for me. NOT saying it will work for everyone.... seems to to work for some though, doesn,t it. On another note the last couple of driver releases without Relive seem to behave OK will the limited testing i have done, with the cards standard bios.....once again might not work for everyone.

19. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    Yeah, I know. That's why I was asking about it - I thought it got wiped out using that option in DDU. And, for the record, I always use DDU before installing any new driver. It helps keeping away from trouble a lot.

20. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    :sigh:

In C&C3 (i know dx8) error at atiumdag.dll.I put an older one(e.g. 17.10.3 or 17.11.2) in "CnC3 Tiberium Wars\RetailExe\1.9" and it works.