Radeon Adrenalin Edition 17.12.1 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Unfortunately, doesn't do it for me.

Free+Enhanced Sync isn't any better than Free alone and the combination lags as hell...BF1 feels like I'm moving through water.

Didn't do me any good regarding the awful stutter caused by the OSD as well.

Will test the 17.12.1 for 3-4 more days and then go back to the wonderful 17.11.4 (or forth, to 12.2)

2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Just received mine today and same issue, really sucks I bought the bloody thing for mining!

Can you confirm where you saw they're working on it?

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. Romulus_ut3

Romulus_ut3 Master Guru

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX5700 XT 8G
    On the contrary, I have said it on more than one occasion that neither company is perfect, in fact far from it. I myself had a couple of toasted 8800 GT cards, 8400 GS cards and others too with nvidia releasing a 196.75 WHQL driver that fried cards by locking the fan speeds to 30~60% depending on the card. But so did AMD's first ever release of Crimson Drivers which locked the fan speed to 25% if you enabled overclocking through it.

My goal isn't to say nvidia is better, or AMD is better, as both companies are here to make money, and they both offer products for their targeted audience. What my point is, is to say that one must stop charging at each and every person who reports issues that could legitimately be tied to AMD's drivers that are overlooked for months, calling them cry babies and what not is just wrong.

Perhaps you haven't been following what one agonizingly infuriating person has been doing to each and every one who reported issues that didn't get fixed in consecutive driver release threads. He either tells people to GTFO, Clown, etc. and to get off the computer or to go buy nvidia or a console. One of his famous excuse for AMD overlooking issues is "Your GPU is 10 years old m8 GTFO" but you have all these problems even on the most recent of architectures.. and such behavior doesn't help AMD's consumers, does it? People come here to share their experiences with the AMD drivers, not to get cockblocked by die hard AMD fanboys for a product that they paid for out of their own pockets.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
    warlord likes this.
  4. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Well the only thing you can do sometimes is to Reboot your PC and always check your 2D/UVD clocks to not be stuck at 3D and vice versa. Or if your monitor keeps being black after sleep. These are known, rare and unsolvable bugs for AMD. They can not fix them.

5. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Really good driver, stable apps & game performances. Even GTA IV & EFLC doesn't stutter anymore, Enhanced sync works great, all major browsers work as they should FF Quantum, latest Chrome, Waterfox, Edge. Like the new Radeon Overlay, many apps didn't have contrast/saturation settings, so very helpful and easy to use. This is dream driver for RX 580 and holidays, thanks AMD :):):)
    Only wish for bigger fonts in metrics window for 1440p, and that cool little Link app is a bit unstable in iOS.

I know that AMD had a busy year with Ryzen and Vega, it's is expected that focus is on hw 99%, and folks suffered a bit because of that, but at the end AMD delivered.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
  6. WaveShine

WaveShine Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 4GB
    This new driver totally broke Freesync for me. Whenever I fire up a game, my monitor rapidly switches from 39 to 144 Hz with no regard to the game's framerate and just looks like a shitty stuttery flickerfest. I've tried every possible combination of settings, Vsync on, off, fullscreen, borderless, and I've even used DDU to cleanly remove and reinstall the drivers several times and the issue still persists. It's pretty sad when their "super mega adrenalin driver" can't deliver the stability they promised. Reverting back to 17.11.2 fixed that issue. Hopefully they'll address it but knowing AMD I'm sure they won't, especially considering how I'm apparently the only person on the internet that has this problem.

7. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    I had this problem with my Dell S2409W monitors from 2009. It was intermittent with my 390, but happened often enough, either via HDMI or Displayport to HDMI adapters. Screen not awakening after sleep, or staying black.

Problem went away updating to my Samsung UE510.

warlord likes this.
  8. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    It's weird, because I also have this card listed on my description, and the only time I've faced the UVD bug, it was some years ago, in the first year of the card, and it was fixed by a BIOS update from Gigabyte. After that, I've never got the UVD Bug, ever!

It's a shame that thing happens.. but I feel fortunate to be one of the lucky bastards and don't have that bug.
    Cheers

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Ran the new driver on my 2x R9 290X setup without issue, my FS monitor does only 75Hz, no issue thus far so it's looking good. As far as AMD drivers go, I've been on AMD since the good ole 9700 Pro days and have not encountered any major issue, minor ones now and then, yes, but nothing to write home about.

Edit - I also have a HD7970 + i7 2600K setup, no issue as well with the Adrenalin driver....

10. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    I seem to be getting tearing in Pale Moon when I scroll now which is really annoying, I've already disabled hardware acceleration and it's still happening :(

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    try to Enable VSR in Adrenalin then disable FS and Enable FS and Disable VSR -> You'll hear sound, and everything should work as intended.
    Also try to lauch (from shortcut) Adrenalin w/Admin :cool: (you'll have Saved options for sure then, don't change how it starts tho ;) just click on shortcut & Start w/admin)

Also my Bratan' have this installed on XFX 280X (he bought from me year ago) -> Gaming is like butter on 1080p IiYama,
    so it's a Great Driver & they have Solid Base to Build upon in Next revisions !!!

My Fury-X -> OK (BIOS Mod)
    280X -> OK (BIOS Mod)

12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I feel like these drivers are very very smooth, that's been my experience so far... although I have only been playing Borderlands The Pre-Sequel so far...

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Anyway, the ultimate solution for UVD bug is flashing a UEFI vBios. They are newer anyway and working with BIOS and UEFI mobos. Ask and demand latest and fixed vBios from manufacturers. If you ever ask again or report about it you should be considered trolls. End of subject.

14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    AMDMatt posted over on OcUK, that they are investigating the crash when activating the Performance Metrics OSD direct, so bring up the Overlay first, before doing so. :)

warlord likes this.
  15. djismGAMING

djismGAMING Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4GB
    Love this driver release. Here in Puerto Rico no internet but @ work so download and offline install.
    Works like a charm! The Connect tab is great in showing content and even previewing it in itself. The driver got me some performance improvement from the october release and it is more smooth. Only tested Shadow of Mordor on 50% of 4k (don't remember the exact resolution) on a RX 470 4GB (don't know if I have High Res Texture Pack installed. Game looks awesome.) and tried the benckmark in-game. Previews bench gave me average of 58FPS, now average of 61. Free FPS! :D (ULTRA details, of course it's an OLD GAME but great one for me)

16. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    I hope they can make the osd fully transparent, like rtss.

17. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    I don't have a Freesync monitor but the setting popped up in the Gaming section. Does it do anything on non-Freensync displays? It's AMD Optimized, On or Off.

BAZOKA1942 likes this.
  18. DAMAFIA

DAMAFIA Guest

GPU:
    7970@1180/1800
    Kewl ill give that a shot. But I did get it too set clocks correctly. I had too Goin to afterburner an turn the setting for the voltage controller too third party an then disable power play support in unofficial overclocking settings. Then did a reboot an jobs a gud en. But yeah for sure I'll give that prog a rip. Sumthing is way wrong if I have too do all that to get a whql driver working correctly.

19. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    AMD Link updated for iOS devices(don't know about android), runs fine on my iPhone.

- Some stabilization/connectivity issues addressed
    - Localization updates

thanks AMD, that was quick!:);)

warlord likes this.
  20. WaveShine

WaveShine Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 4GB
    This did not work either. I'm about ready to give up on AMD. My MG248Q monitor did the 39/144 Hz flicker on occasion in windows before, but I tolerated it because it didn't affect my games, but now it does. Freesync is totally unusable. I even tried using CRU to change the freesync range, but no matter what numbers you put in, the screen will just rapidly switch between its minimum and maximum values with no regard to the game's framerate...