AMD processor with 28 compute unit based Vega GPU appears in SiSoftware database

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    This is probably the Ryzen 5/7 "Gaming" i was alluding to in the other thread about the new Roadmap.

This will make for some sweet gaming machines, with pretty good power consumption.

I would suspect the full shader compliment to be about 2048 Shaders.
    Only 2GB of memory seems low, I would have expected 4GB as a minimum nowadays...

edit : It seems like its using system memory from the screencaps.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  3. asprine

asprine Guest

GPU:
    Club3D 9700
    Would, in combination with a GPU, the driver recognize this as a multi GPU setup? Would be some nice extra horsepower.

4. Nyralim

Nyralim Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X OC/ 8192 MB
    This is exactly what I thought as well. " Buy a powerful Ryzen CPU wih powerful integraded graphics and combine it with a radeon GPU" Smart scenario in my opinion which would boost Ryzen and Radeon sales.

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    At this rate AMD APUs with powerful enough GPUs to reasonably play games will be available before MSRP priced Vega stock.

6. Evildead666

Evildead666 Guest

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    On TPU, they have another screen cap from Sandra that shows 182.15GB/s of memory Bandwidth.
    That would equate to HBM2 at ~700MHz effective speed, on a 2048bit bus.
    The Up and Down transfer speeds are close to 8GB/s, which to me, would indicate a PCIe3 x8 connection with the CPU (which should be plenty for this type of GPU).

Edit : FengHuang is also apparently translated in the West to "Chinese Phoenix" or just "Phoenix"...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fenghuang

AMD Phoenix rising from the ashes of their last gen mobile attempts ? ;) (BullDozer et Al.)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2017
  7. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    Now this is an APU to get excited for its gpu shader count looks like it would be around hd 7950 specs but newer of course.

8. Venix

Venix Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4070 super
    560 has 16 cu 570 has 32 no? With 28 vega cu's can we hope for 80-90% the 570 perfomance? If this indeed is the case then we will have a very very very interesting apu!