Battlefield: Bad Company 3 is Coming in 2018

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Battlefield: Bad Company 3 is reportedly released in 2018. The scenery would be set in a ‘mid and post’ Vietnam war. It’s mentioned that the game isn’t trying t...

Battlefield: Bad Company 3 is Coming in 2018

__hollywood|meo likes this.
  2. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    pleasebegoodpleasebegoodpleasebegood

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O

XP-200 likes this.
  4. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    BFBC2 was BY FAAAAAAAAAR my favorite BF game, so I can only hope this leak turns out to be the real deal. Fingers crossed! :eek:

5. ontelo

ontelo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Bad company 3 takes the next step in the evolution of gaming. Experience acquired through gameplay is old-fashioned, we wanted something new. We are proudly introducing loot boxes which give you random number of experience. We thought that players don't like to advance too quickly, so muddy wooden box would give experience ranging between 5-15 points. Shinier boxes can be bought with real money.

We are also introducing three tiers for season pass.
    • Bronze (65$)
      • Two scarfs you can equip for your character.
      • Medic class
    • Silver (95$)
      • Three scarfs including the orange (I'm here) color.
      • Medic class
      • Ability to turn vsync off.
    • Gold (130$)
      • Four scarfs, including all the previous and blinking red scarf which also hides you from minimap
      • Medic & Assault class
      • Ability to choose your player name.
    All other classes and abilities can be obtained by earning experience.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I suspect next in line to be sold in dlc and season passes will be feature like higher difficulty level for single player games and accessing the options menu, i kid you not, i am surprised nobody has done this yet

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So scary it's not even funny. Probably not the SP difficulty DLC, but access to the options.

8. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    scarves. also i hate you xD if theres any loot box ANYTHING in this game, i cant buy it on principle

9. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    If there are no Hat's that make you invisible in loot boxes then, I will not buy!

vonSternberg likes this.
  10. I want to be excited fir this but I'm so burnt out from the rubbish that EA has been releasing since BFBC:2. Battlefield 4 was a mess at launch and is still devided due to DLC. Battlefield 1 followed suit, with a community devided due to DLC. Star Wars Battlefront, again devided due to DLC and their latest offering, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a mess due to loot boxes and loads of network lag on their servers. My trust and faith in DICEs publisher, EA, is zero. I won't be buying anything from them in the near future...

11. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    I just want EA to let the Revive team continue operating Battlefield 2. It's still the best one for me, and EA just up and ****** almost one million people over because of greed.

Let that sink in:
    -Battlefield 2 no longer supported by EA
    -A group of fans decide to take up the burden and host several servers, create a decent network of people playing
    -Eventually do the same to other forgotten Battlefields
    -They do it with BF: Heroes
    -EA tells them to stop what they're doing with EVERY game they keep alive

That, combined with every despicable thing EA has been doing the past few years means I won't give them a single penny until their direction changes. I know I'm just one dude and not gonna make a difference in their sales but I like to stay true to principles. From what they're showing this is just gonna be Lootbox Farm 3.

AsiJu likes this.
  12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    And of course there's the GOTY aka Greed of the Year edition for 200 USD, containing the DLC and also the ability to change your resolution and save your game!

Disclaimer: saved games cannot be loaded but may appear as random "supply drop items" in later stages of the game, allowing you to truly re-live the experience, old-school style.

EA will also introduce a revolutionary new Bullet Drop mechanic. Meaning every time you drop them a dollar, they drop you a bullet in return. Alternatively you can buy a Starter Ammo pack for 50 USD, containing 50 bullets of random caliper.
    You can also find Bullets in-game as rare item drops for a truly rewarding experience!

"We at EA thought what do people take for granted in first-person-shooters? Well, shooting, so we took that out and make people EARN it instead. Imagine the satisfaction you get when you finally have a weapon and a matching bullet and get to hear the thunderous *blep* of your default BB gun!"

"We also listened to the community and removed health regeneration. Once you're hit, you're dead. For good! Only way to resume play at that point is to rebuy the game, because there are no second chances in real life either, you know!"

(I can do this all day :p)

13. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt

"When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time."

Maybe this new and immersive feature will be introduced ? One can only hope...

14. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Will sure download this for the Single Player, then delete it from my SSD again.

15. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    After the last push for "pay-to-win" micro transactions (loot boxes) in the re-released version of Star Wars Battlefront (2), both EA and DICE are dead to me and I won't support them.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    True signs of a deseased mind.

If he is half way in fighting for his life when he had an accident, paramedics should ask him for gas money on the way back to the hospital. He's probably not really price sensitive at that point in time.

AsiJu likes this.
  18. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    Bad company 2 is pretty good game still. Not pay to win and stupid skins etc. Perfectly old fashioned game.

Deleted member 109358 likes this.
  19. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Oh yay, needless negativity in abundance thread. Like we needed more of that.

20. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    Bad Company 3 needs to get the game back to where it was with BF3 and BF4.

We no longer want a clone of SW Battlefront (e.g. Battlefield 1) with different skins for every Battlefield game. SW Battlefront sucked. Battlefield 1 was modeled after it and it sucked. The whole using of the Battlefront model for everything EA FPS turned a good Battlefield game series into SUCK in no time flat.

I played BF3 for years exclusively. I played BF4 for years almost exclusively with some Rocksmith in there. I played BF1 for a month and don't even miss it. Not only is it loot boxes and pay to win that are issues. EA took the easy way out by trying to re-use the same crappy game in SW Battlefront for Battlefield 1. I liken it to lipstick on a pig.

This is why, no matter how much I loved the pre-Disney Star Wars (though Rogue Squadron had some redeeming qualities), I won't even consider SW Battlefront II. When the first game in the series blows, why even consider the next?

airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.