Google to launch paid Spotify competitor Youtube Remix next year

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    airbud7 likes this.
  2. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    This sentence caught my attention for a second.

Anyway, in 2017 music is still hard to use unlike games with well-developed platforms (steam, etc..). Hopefully more competition will bring easier access to music content.

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I still prefer my locally stored .flac over low quality streamed music for rent.

4. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I never really understood why people used YT for listening to music. It's a great resource if you're interested in the music video, tabs, or lyrics, but to just casually listen in the background doesn't make sense to me. Especially if you get a video ad after every other track.

airbud7 likes this.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I think you got it, it scratches an itch; nothing more.

As for me, I bought The extremely limited edition of Sgt Peppers earlier this year, for the first in stereo. On vinyl.

airbud7 likes this.
  6. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Don't forget, with YouTube Red no ads! And if you subscribe to Google Play Music, you get YouTube Red apart of that for $10 a month!

7. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Ease of acces, I find myself putting on a youtube playlist before showering and its frustrating because I know it will play ads every song and then I either awkwardly reach out with my wet hand and try to click skip ad and then the touchscreen will get wet and it will spaz out and then I have to dry my hand etc..

Still haven't found a solid good way of downloading music fast and organizable on my pc so I think im giving spotify a try soon.

8. Mysteryboi

Mysteryboi Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX TITAN SC
    I think you all seemed to miss the main point they want to put subscriptions on pretty much everything soon you will be paying a subscription to run windows and other OS's

People need to stop supporting companies that are trying to do this rubbish i stopped buying EA and Activision games because of this i stopped using Playsation network because of the sub fee's yeah sure im 1 guy but if everyone had the same mentality they wouldn't be doing it

Bring back old days where you spent $60-100 on a game and it was done everything in it and no sub fees loot boxes or any other microtransactions best example of how to do microtransactions is Dota 2 (cool skins 0 impact on gameplay)

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    I'm probably one of very few people here who best describes your mentality. I have no monthly expenses/subscriptions that aren't typical bills (electricity, internet, phone, insurance, etc), and even then, my usual bills are a lot lower than most people I know, since I have no debt. Being primarily a Linux user, I have never needed to buy a Windows license because I rack up the keys from devices I buy or are given to me. I don't recall ever paying for any subscriptions to magazines, streaming services, anything related to gaming, loot crates, or websites I visit.

People like you and I are willing to work a little harder or experience some inconvenience in order to get a better deal. But most people just don't give a crap or want the easy way out. When most people want something, they want it now and it better be what it says it is or else they want someone to complain to. That's a lot of what you're paying for. Though I rarely find these subscription services worth paying for, I can see why others just don't care and go for it anyway.

As for microtransactions for cool skins, that's pretty much the one and only thing that I'm ok with. If someone wants to spend the money for a fancy new look, great - that's not my money going to waste. But if someone is paying extra in order to win more often, that's where I draw the line.

10. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    If you use Android, search google for the "Ymusic" app. You're welcome.