No signal. (Need help!)

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by H83, Nov 23, 2017.

1. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Hi Gurus!

My system has been working perfectly with the exception of a strange clicking sound i started hearing a few weeks ago.

At first i opened by case to check the fans thinking that maybe the fans were hitting some wire when working but he sound persisted.
    Then i start thinking that maybe the problem was the GPU because the sound seemed to appear when the GPU became warm enough to turn the fans on to cool it down. So today i opened my case and remove the GPU to check it out. Everything looked fine so i put the GPU back on and checked again for any other possible source for the clicking sound.
    Again everything seemed fine so i put the PC tower in place, plugged everything on and started the system and then the real problem appeared.

The monitor doesn´t show any image and an "No signal" message appears. I´ve tried several fixes i saw on Google but without any success. I then tried conneting the laptop to the monitor and it works.
    Thinking the issue might be the GPU, i tried the onbord graphics of the CPU and latter an ATI 4850 i´ve laying around but the result was always the same, no signal...

So it seems there´something wrong with my system bu i can´t find out what... Right now my last option is to remove every component of the case and put them back on... But i have no idea if that is going to work because i don´t know what´s the problem in the first place...

So that´s the problem and i really help because i need the PC to work on the weekend.

Thanks in avance for the help!!!

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Usually HDDs that click

fantaskarsef likes this.
  3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, harddisc probably if you already confirmed it's not a fan. It's about to go out, so save data ASAP after fixing your rig again.
    For the no signal, it's weird that it doesn't show a picture on either the GPU or the iGPU. Do you maybe have a second cable to connect the screen so you can make sure you didn't accidentally bent it?

Extraordinary likes this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    False alarm guys, i already found the problem and it was something very simple and stupid...

After i come back home i tried to solve this issue and noticed an yellow warning LED on the MB so i looked for it on the manual and it was an error sign for RAM. I found this strange because i did remove a RAM stick to check the fans for the origin of the "clicking" sound and i put it back correctly in the end. What i didn´t noticed then is that i accidentally budged the other RAM stick causing it to not be properly seated... So i seated the second RAM stick properly and everything is working as it should... In the end i was the problem...

So it´s official, i´m the biggest idiot of Guru 3D!!! Feel free to call me idiot and other stuff because i deserve it!!! And i still have to found the cause of the "clicking" sound because i don´t have any HDDs on my system...

If a mod wants to close this thread just go ahead.

5. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    As long as you figured it out hehe ;)

6. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Quality Guru3D rescue 101 right there.

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Don't sweat it, I've pulled my hair out a few times when a new build hasn't powered on.

Only to find, usually an hour or so later, that I hadn't plugged it in...

8. Hammie

Hammie Banned

GPU:
    760 SMG 28"
    If your hearing click sounds its your video card. But also it can be the hard drive. gl

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Well after some testing without managing to solve the clicking noises, today i chatted with ASUS support for a possible solution. They told me to install GPU Tweak and the newest BIOS version to fix the problem. I installed GPU Tweak and nothing changed and then tried to update the BIOS but i found out that my card already has the most recent version so no luck...

Now i´m going to try to RMA my card and hope the store gives me a new one. With a little bit of luck maybe they will give me a TI version or a 1080 to replace my 1070...

10. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Latest is 86.04.50.00.6C if yours is strix OC

11. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    The BIOS version of my card is 86.04.50.00.63, is that the same?

If not, where can i find that BIOS? I can´t enter the ASUS BIOS page for some strange reason...

12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20