Radeon Software Crimson ReLive 17.11.1 driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by JonasBeckman, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the runtime is vulkan-1.dll and a secondary (same.) dll with the version number which in this case is vulkan-1-1-0-65-0.dll and then vulkaninfo.exe and vulkaninfo-1-1-0-65-0.exe and then some common files in the Program Files (x86) folder such as the uninstaller.
    (And some registry entries.)

That's just the loader part though and while I'm no expert I'm fairly certain the driver files are the main part though the bug fixes in the newer runtime installers could be beneficial to some users depending on what they fix but additions will mostly be for future games compiling against the new full SDK release.

For AMD the Vulkan driver should be amdvlk32.dll and amd-vulkan32.json and the 64-bit variants which appear based on SDK 1.0.54.0 runtimes going by the .dll version information.

Unsure if you could just take these newer Vulkan .dll files and place in the game folder for e.g DOOM, Wolfenstein New Colossus or Serious Sam Fusion (Or emulators and other software using VLK.) or if it has to be a full driver install if these .dll's are dependent on other functions in key parts of the display driver since there's a lot of other files too of which there's about 150 now, curiously the x265 codec .dll's are missing from the last couple of releases which I assume would be for the media playback found on Polaris and more recent models.

For Nvidia? Overall performance seems to not be quite as high but they support the newest 1.0.58.0 SDK in the current driver releases I believe and then 1.0.61.0 for the Vulkan beta driver if I remember correctly, guessing most bug fixes have been backported to the regular driver since that was last updated.

Guessing Wolfenstein New Colossus in particular might see some performance gains if it's possible to take the .dll files separately from the newer AMD drivers and avoid potential stability problems or performance regressions that some users run across in the newer drivers, 17.11.2 is back to showing ans 404 not found again instead of just loading a blank so it might not be coming any soon after all though we're just about into a new week and the Battlefront 2 full release from EA so they could get a driver out in time for that but it might not have all that many fixes from 17.11.1 or the 17.10.x drivers while carrying over both listed or unlisted known issues but that's just speculation of course.

Been mentioned enough time by now I guess but hopefully AMD can start to fix some of these longer persistent issues sooner rather than later but I have no idea what the focus is on for the next driver release if it'll be minor bug fixes and support for another game or two or if it'll be something more substantial though on that note hopefully this years 17.12 driver will deliver some nice improvements but that too is nothing but speculation since we usually have no way to know before the driver is released.
    (Guessing the way marketing backfired recently what with Vega they might be a bit quieter this time but the driver could still get some coverage via previews and NDA beta releases to tech sites in time for it's public release, also nothing but speculation though.)

For New Colossus it does seem to run pretty well most of the time though, at least until the GPU runs out of memory but keeping in mind the limitations of the GPU you're using and which settings to use can avoid totally bottlenecking the thing ha ha.
    (Performance benchmarks and metrics also help even if not all third party utilities have as extended support for Vulkan as they have for DX11 for example.)

Not too sure about how things are on the emulator front, seems Dolphin has a few fixes here and there for Vulkan in it's pull requests and RPCS3 for PS3 appears to be making good use of it too, CEMU well it's still on OpenGL last I checked so AMD is probably a bit worse off due to them generally being a bit slower with that API.

EDIT: Post is a bit messy due to the way I write trying to cover a bit of everything, don't really have too much knowledge on the more in-depth aspects of low-level API's either or well DIrectX or OpenGL for that matter, it's mostly from reading various posts and articles on it and getting a basic overview on how these things work but it's a pretty broad area and the display driver is complex as is already. Probably a bit of a mess of different compatibility flags and profiles in there and workarounds and other bits of code doing well I guess only the AMD engineers really know what's going on in that thing. :D

Also not too sure how different GPU models handle Vulkan though architectural improvements found both on Pascal and Vega likely help if the low-level API can make use of this or perhaps just in general covering and fixing some designs and bottleneck situations found on earlier generation hardware. :)

Though I suppose the same goes for CPU's and other hardware too, improving efficiency and such basically.

And this is just going on and on again so yeah, hoping the next drivers will have some good improvements whenever they're released, probably room for a 17.11.2 set still even if it might not bring all that many changes and fixes, though then again perhaps it will.
    (Though new features or major revamps tend to be left to the December drivers for the last couple of years.)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  3. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    I reverted to the 17.9 WHQL drivers and the performance difference is night and day. Not sure why newer drivers perform worse, but oh well.

4. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    What version of Windows 10 are you on? Thanks.

5. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit

6. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Oops, I am sorry, I meant which version of Windows 10. :D Oh well, I am on the FCU and have went ahead and installed 17.9.3, which is the WHQL, thanks.

7. Erick

Erick Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB
    Every game is built around 60hz. FreeSync is supposed to work at 60hz no matter what. But......sigh.... I like the Graphics and Compute idea, but they seem to be moving really fast and not opening new ideas to previous GPU's. Microsoft is falling into this BS too. They pushed WDDM 2.3 in both NVIDIA and AMD's latest driver package and nobody really knows what's new. I think it's due to Microsoft's Mixed Reality (VR) stuff on the way. I know that is what's causing this current driver to fail, so I remained on 17.9 driver (WDDM 2.2)

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  8. wuest3nfuchs

wuest3nfuchs Active Member

GPU:
    RX 6800xt Pulse
    hi all!

Graphics and Compute o_O what the hell are you all talking about , cause i miss this feature on my win 7 machine...
    ...do i need win 10 in order to ghet that option in the driver?

Thanks for reading ;)

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Seems you're right, November 10th date now. :)

EDIT: 400 MB too now, probably packing in the chipset stuff again which tends to be absent from the beta drivers.

EDIT: The PPC software installer differs now?
    C:\Downloads\AMD_Display\Packages\Apps\PPC\

Instead of being PPC.MSI it's AMDUEP.MSI

AMD User Experience Program

EDIT: But no chipset drivers, guessing CCC2.exe is in these in the AMD driver folder instead and that explains the size difference.

EDIT: No I'm messing it up, beta driver was actually larger because the files weren't compressed, here they're using .dll_ indicating a compressed file that needs to be deflated or expanded first.

EDIT: But that means little, moving on. (Well it's a smaller overall file size as a result.)

INF comparison shows the driver being dated November 7th.
    Seems support for a couple of Kaveri integrated GPU's are also removed but that could just be for this driver.

AMD1304.1 = "KV SPECTRE MOBILE 35W (1304)"
    AMD1305.1 = "KV SPECTRE DESKTOP 95W (1305)"
    AMD1306.1 = "KV SPECTRE SL MOBILE 35W (1306)"
    AMD1307.1 = "KV SPECTRE SL DESKTOP 95W (1307)"

AMD1310.1 = "KV SPECTRE WORKSTATION 65W (1310)"
    AMD1311.1 = "KV SPECTRE WORKSTATION 95W (1311)"
    AMD1312.1 = "KV SPOOKY DESKTOP 95W (1312)"

AMD1317.1 = "KV SPOOKY MOBILE 35W (1317)"

And these a bit further down:

AMD983A.1 = "Not Used"
    AMD983B.1 = "Not Used"
    AMD983C.1 = "Not Used"

AMD983E.1 = "Not Used"
    AMD983F.1 = "Not Used"

AMD9852.2 = "AMD Radeon(TM) E1 Graphics"

AMD9856.1 = "AMD Radeon(TM) R2 Graphics"
    AMD9856.2 = "AMD Radeon(TM) R2E Graphics"

AMD9857.1 = "MULLINS (9857)"
    AMD9858.1 = "MULLINS (9858)"
    AMD9859.1 = "MULLINS (9859)"
    AMD985A.1 = "MULLINS (985A)"
    AMD985B.1 = "MULLINS (985B)"
    AMD985C.1 = "MULLINS (985C)"
    AMD985D.1 = "MULLINS (985D)"
    AMD985E.1 = "MULLINS (985E)"
    AMD985F.1 = "MULLINS (985F)"
    AMD9874.1 = "CARRIZO 9874"

EDIT: Huh the driver files themselves are still dated November 2nd, atiapfxx.blb is identical to the beta too.

EDIT: Ah, from the INF file.
    1711071148-17.40.1031-171102a-320046C-CrimsonReLive

So the new archive is November 7th including the setup file and inf for the driver, driver itself is still November 2nd?

INF has a few other changes but it seems related to switching around which GPU's are supported thus I mostly just listed the removed entries.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017

11. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    For RX 500 says:

Features
    Sorry, something went wrong.o_O

RzrTrek likes this.
  12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yea same here...something is wrong with their site probably.

13. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Beta and whql are the same right?

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  14. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yes. But for some people, OCD triggers and want that WHQL :D:p

Grimbarian likes this.
  15. Shellar

Shellar Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Hey all - first time poster.

Don't know (yet) if this belongs here, but here goes

I was not paying attention and can't say for sure when this started or what exactly is responsible, but for a month or so I'm not able to disable CrossFire with easy. The setting does not stick. AMD Radeon Settings disappears once confirmed that yes, I want CrossFire disabled, and after about a minute re-appears with Crossfire still enabled.
    I suspect the problem lies somewhere between Windows 10 1709 autostarting opened programs / apps even after shutdown and AMD drivers not yet playing well with latest Windows 10 incarnation. But I don't know. I face this inability to disable CrossFire only lately when I update AMD drivers. Found today that if I go around this new Windows 10 feature to restart open things upon shutdown (or restart) by using CLI - shutdown /t 0 /s, CrossFire is disabled once Windows is back and running.

Another problem I have is older, maybe half a year or so - I can't see VulkanRT checkbox during driver install (doesn't matter upgrade or clean) and it does not exist as installed program / app in Control Panel or Settings. Yet, it is installed. AMD Settings shows it and If I navigate manually to %ProgramFiles(x86)%\VulkanRT\1.x.xx.x it's there.
    More, if I use Vulkan own uninstaller (including all instances) and then re-install AMD drivers, it's magically back, without providing checkbox during driver install or being listed in Windows installed programs.
    Ideas?

16. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    We definitely need more WHQL drivers.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    passenger likes this.
  17. GeRmAnOs

GeRmAnOs Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6950XT
    Anyone try this nov 10 whql's in forza?? Do they fix long loading times??

18. bjoswald

bjoswald Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD 630
    WHQL driver still crashes WoW randomly and/or flips to the desktop. Back to 17.9... :mad:

19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Propably Yes :D (I hope)

UPD.
    WHQL o_O Im debunked by this one, really WHQL? and Forza H3 takes >3min to load on Ultra Fast SSD? (Yes Loading Bug strikes yet again but now in "Bug free" WHQL)
    Reverted to 17.9.3

Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
  20. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    For those, like me, who having problems with AMD's servers and/or 'Sorry, something went wrong',
    I've found link to WHQL that works, at least for me.