Photo shows New Intel MCM based CPU with AMD-GPU

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Intel this week announced its mobile MCM processor based on a 14 nm Coffee Lake-H CPU cores and a Vega based graphics solution. This is called a multi-chip module, and the first photo just surfaced....

Photo shows New Intel MCM based CPU with AMD-GPU

2. ubercake

ubercake Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC Blk
    EMIB is a fancy acronym for Scotch Tape. ;)

Seriously though... Does anyone see the Koduri move as any part of this "partnership"?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    it's also that NVidia doesn't want any work with Intel.

4. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    Fake photos!!!!!!

5. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Intel feels otherwise, or why hire him? I'll bet Intel feels his failures are more related to AMD's lack of spend on RTG than anything. AMD simply did not have the R&D budget to make Zen and Vega great so they picked one.

6. Kaarme

Kaarme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070 FE
    Well, yeah, the only Nvidia solution with HBM2 is Tesla P100, which costs thousands of dollars. Even Apple wouldn't release a laptop where the discrete GPU increases the price by some 5000 bucks or whatever. This Intel module would look quite funny if it was loaded with GDDR5(x) chips for a more reasonable Nvidia GPU.

7. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    By the size of the Vega die- I think we should get ~ 1050Ti performance level. Would you be happy with such performance for its SOC size?
    P.S: I checked Apple site for the MacBook gpu specs and now I a sure- they gonna like to brag about the fastest GPU on MacBook air league.
    plus it will be over 200% GPU boost on current top Radeon Pro 560 on the top
    MacBook Pro model with 50% less power consumption.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  8. meran

meran Guest

GPU:
    sapphire 5850 2gb @850
  9. meran

meran Guest

GPU:
    sapphire 5850 2gb @850
    Intel announced the cooperation with AMD this morning and will work together to create an integrated processor in the future, which will be based on Intel's eighth-generation Core Duo processor and AMD's Vega GPU. It is reported that full blood version Vega GPU has 24 processing units, 1536 stream processors, the highest frequency of 1100MHz, using a 4GB HBM2 memory.

[size = 1pc][​IMG]

[size = 1pc] In this morning's 3DMark 11 ran exposure points, P points only 4000 points, which is obviously not normal, and later found that its operating frequency is only 300MHz. Now pcper has exposed a new integrated processor 3DMark 11 Performance run points, it seems that 1100MHz run full of blood.

[size = 1pc][​IMG]

According to Pcper's latest table data, Intel / AMD integrated processor 3DMark 11 P-mode graphics points can reach 14127 points, has exceeded 31% of the GTX 1050 Ti, while the GTX 1060 scores 16235 points, that is to say This core shows the performance of GTX 1060 87% of the performance. Running points in "Singing ashes" also reached 3300 points.

Of course, other foreign media said the Intel / AMD integrated processor has multiple versions of the core display, low-end performance and the GTX 950 is almost high-end fight Radeon R9 380.

[size = ][​IMG]

Of course, due to the high cost of HBM2 memory costs, it is expected that high-end notebooks such as the Apple MacBook will be equipped with this seemingly very violent processor, and Intel's own NUC will also be available. Of course, this CPU is still in the engineering state of the sample, the future what performance is not easy to say.

10. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hehe Mr. Koduri is fast as ray lol :)

11. jmdixon85

jmdixon85 Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX660 3GB
    I think this article is wrong. I'm seeing this is a Polaris based chip and not VEGA from a lot more sites.

12. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    hopefully this will give reasonable prices to laptops with a little bit of gpu muscle.

13. meran

meran Guest

GPU:
    sapphire 5850 2gb @850
    It is Vega because Polaris does not support HBM....

14. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    Oh my! I didn't know they're this far to show a product yet. This is actually something I'm looking forward to. On the other side of things all that is going through my head is "who is playing the glueing game now".... :p:p;)

15. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    What sorcery is this?!

16. SAMPLERICO

SAMPLERICO Guest

GPU:
    Almost dead GTX 780 Ti
    HEAT DISIPATION? ANYONE?

17. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
  18. BigMaMaInHouse

BigMaMaInHouse Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1080Ti AMP Ex
    Lol I see my guess was on spot :), because the die size looked ~50% of Vega 56, nice.
    now look how much it sa\ves comparing for 1060:
    [​IMG]
    its also the thickness that is saved for not needing to pace the GPU PCB on top of the MB PCB.

19. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    What exactly is an embedded product? And what would need this kinda graphical oomph over an igpu or an AMD apu?

20. jmdixon85

jmdixon85 Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX660 3GB
    That is like saying all GPU's must use DDR5 etc. We have seen for a long time GPU's can use different types of memory, some would come with DDR3 back in the day with the same lower cost GPU featuring DDR2. AMD could have easily released Vega with GDDR5 if they wanted. GPU architecture doesn't dictate what memory it has to use. The part number in the OpenCL information for this new CPU/GPU combination is gfx804, a polaris based chip. I really can't see AMD sharing Vega with Intel just yet. Adored makes this clear in his video

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017