Call of Duty: WW2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by signex, Mar 26, 2017.

1. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Button bashing sequences? Why ffs?

Whats with the brightness? Set it correctly and its all too dark , set it higher and its all washed out? Am i missing someting? No wonder it runs over 160 fps it looks shocking :p

signex likes this.
  2. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Yea i've always hated that! only done the first chapter for now, so far not impressed with the campaign.

3. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Why would you expect to be? You've played this game about 15 times already

4. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Agreed about the button bashing stuff. THAT... is too consolish for the PC. I left the brightness default. Seems ok for me. As for saying it`s not too bad? I have waited since COD 2 to try a ww 2 game again. And tbh I really thought this ww 2 would blow monkies. It doesn`t..... for me. Mind blowing amazing it is not. But it doesn`t absolutely suck ball either. It is.... not bad. A tad onrailish..... maybe. Tried mp last night. It looks and moves animationswise waaaay nicer than the beta. Thankfully.

5. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I don't mind QTE events but there should be an option to disable them.

Anyone else getting stuttering during the cutscenes?

I seem to remember this being a problem in the last one as well.

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The forced stealth sequence is worse though I don't like the drag the thing here and press mouse wheel to somewhere sequences either, thankfully they're infrequent. :D

The way the weapon "drags" towards enemies as you're firing and the very bullets curve off toward them actually makes aiming harder too there's a vehicle section some ways through the game where the machine gun hit most every target, around the target with the launcher I was actually aiming at first, luckily he didn't get any shots in but that was weird. :p

signex likes this.
  7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Well, you are running 2 1080tis. If I can manage 4k60 on my 980ti then we can all gush about the optimization.

8. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    One 1080Ti, there is no SLI and probably wont be if the last CoD is anything to go by.

9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Love the gfx and the sounds. That's about it. If it wouldn't be for WW2 i wouldn't have bought this. Garand rocks though. Good weapon feel.

10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    What i don't get is, why can't we pick rifles without scopes in MP? i loved that about cod1 and cod2.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Everyone stands around and opens loot boxes? wtf?

12. bagman

bagman Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    So I managed to get the game running.

Not sure which of these worked or if it was a combination of both :
    Added the game to the exception list in Trend Micro Antivirus
    Did a Steam Library repair.
    Ran the verify game files for a third time.

Runs perfectly on 388.0 drivers.

Hope this might help some of you with similar issues to mine.

Cheers

13. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I`m running an EVGA 1080ti FTW 3. Runs awesome for me. Game looks pretty sweet....

14. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Not a major issue but my fov keeps resetting to 75? Im also getting quite a few black screens on launch , game is running in the background , alt tabbing out and back in doesn't fix it but alt tabbing out launching task manager then going back in does :D odd game :D

Ambient occlusion gives me some mouse lag , HBAO+ is fine , the other settings GTAO (i think) feels like im dragging my mouse through mud

15. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    The SP looks pretty great, the MP not so, 1080Ti at 1440p with maxed out IQ. Loving the sounds, nice and meaty. The MP interface is a bit of a mess, its all a little confusing with where you need to go to do whatever, i use BF3/4 as a yardstick and that is a far simpler system.

16. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Anybody else getting a DXC crash on SP? Happening on the third mission around the time the halftrack arrives.

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    How is the single player?
    I know that it looks great, but... gameplay, story... how is it? Is it fun?

Any idea about length.

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    5 - 6 hours or so, 11 missions and about half an hour per mission including the intro cutscene and various cinematic moments in-game with the occasional QTE or game changed such as stealth or vehicle sections.

Little bit longer if you're actively collecting memorabilia items which have a little description but otherwise are just for achievements, heroic acts for saving friendlies and such is also possible but also seem to be mostly for achievement purposes.

Guns are well I don't know how historically accurate they are but the Germans use everything from their own guns to Russian guns and even a varied selection of guns from WW1 though it gives a bit of variety but even the Thompson or STG-44 requires multiple rounds to the head to kill enemy troopers and the auto aim is a bit weird with how the bullet aiming is "helped" towards nearby enemies, kinda hard to describe but really easy to notice.
    No health regen either but your team mates have perks that are fueled by the blood of your enemies or some such so by killing enemy soldiers you charge up their abilities including things like getting med kits ,grenades and ammo from your brothers.

Story overall seem to be about duty and brotherhood and sacrifice trying to be a bit more personal but it's still COD so very much straightforward action with a little bit of story telling added in via shorter cutscene moments.

AI is pretty poor but they aim pretty well but also only really actively aim at you and only you and your core team members can't die at all though plenty of no-name soldiers die during each mission but they also don't contribute much to the fight so it's mostly just you unless a ally throws a grenade or something which actually has a small effect if it hits.

There's a bit of blood and gore during the intro landing sequence but the game is otherwise pretty clean, direct headshot with a shotgun can dismember but otherwise it's mainly blood decals too and they look kinda silly since they're so over-done and bodies also fade out and clean up very quickly for performance reasons.

Levels feel large but it's mostly a linear path through them with exploration in the open areas either being for engaging enemies or finding those collectible items, trying to venture out either blocks you completely or you get a out of mission area timer countdown and death.

Oh and the sound design seem to be pretty good, weapons are fairly weak for how many shots it takes to down enemies but they certainly sound good though as such it's probably a bit over the top from how the guns were to sound in real life for emphasis and added effect.

Good visuals though a bit blurry if you enable the cinematic SMAA mode (But it does clean up aliasing at least.) and OK performance though playing two -three levels in a row with the highest settings will see VRAM run out at which point framerate tanks and even the pre-render intro cutscenes start stuttering a bit. (Well for a 4 GB GPU which for me is a bit of a bottleneck on this particular card now, 2560x1440 is also more demanding compared to say 1920x1080 so that factors in too pluses uses even more memory.)

EDIT: As long as you don't try to take the story too seriously it's not bad for a COD game, for multi-player and the zombie mode you probably get a lot out of the game too but it's still pretty high priced as far as I'm concerned even more so if you buy the DLC or the season pass additions though this type of content has also steadily risen in price.

EDIT: Oh right you can tear off MG-42's and hip fire them, don't try that in real life. :D
    (Fire rate is also fairly low and it's a 50-round magazine per reload.)

19. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Thanks.
    My interest is solely in the campaign, as I love WWII themed stuff. So... the game has been on my radar, but unsure if it was worth it or not.

20. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    If your looking for a good story or voice acting your not going to get either :D but the game is a lot of fun , that is apart from the button bashing bits which fortunately are few and far between