The Evil Within 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2017.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Ok , so ive finished it finally! :D
    It turned up a nice game. The first chapters i didnt like the design choices, and i also think the loging in stuff to the marrow is pretty stupid. (basicly a loading screen where you have to login the computer twice lol).
    I would have loved to see those 'special' enemy encounters inside of buildings instead of outside which would make a more tensed game. also more jump scares would be nice.
    personally i still think Evil within 1 is more creepy when it comes to presentation and graphics. i rather have the bugs crawling on the walls then seeing those awefull rats lol and remember the spider lady from ew1 ? i totally loved that.

My rating so far is 7/10 It could have been a 8/10 if it didnt have the bugs. I hope in a future patch they will fix these and i will play though it again. now it was just too disturbing and totally robbed the immersion from me.

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Good to hear!

Im holding off playing this one until it has been patched a little bit because I suspect the reason I had so much trouble with the 1st one is that I tried to play it right at launch and it had some issues that really put me off.

3. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Looking at SteamDB, in the past 10 hours they've uploaded "tg_patch2.exe/tg_patch2.contents" and more recently, "tg_patch2.test".

So, hopefully, we should see a patch for the game relatively soon.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    In the Marrow Tunnels with the gas mask, Chapter 4, and just got gobbed on! :D :D :D

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Onto Chapter 5 now, and what a game, im loving it
    just killed that bugger with the circular saw outside of City Hall :D

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  7. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I hate those things :p

Im onto Chapter 6 now, just got past that weird thing with the camera :D

8. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    So has anybody noticed any glitches where the enemy is stuck somewhere or you just can't pass a boss due to a glitch bug?

9. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah ive had a couple of enemies stuck, but still been able to get past, not had any with the bosses yet.

Just found Hoffman, after getting past that White gloopy thing :D

10. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    After finishing TEW2 I've started TEW1 and it's interesting to see all the improvements they made in the sequel, the gameplay is much improved. I'm on chapter 9 of the first game and I'm enjoying it, but it's definitely not quite as refined (only being able to bind 4 weapons/abilities is extremely annoying, for example).

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    I knew i shouldn't have went up to that jukebox when it fired up, singing floaty woman back :D, took me an age to realise what you have to do get out, i was looping for ages :p, and that circular saw git came back as well, but ive deaded it again :D

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    19 hours in... in Chapter 13.
    I'm really loving this one. As much as I love the first TEW (and I really, really do).... this one is such a better, more polished game. While not as tense, or "scary"... the atmosphere is still amazing. And the refinements to gameplay are great.

Still waiting on Tango to hopefully patch up the performance some, and I have faith they will. They did great work on the first game after release, so I see that happening here as well.

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    A second patch is visible on SteamDB for the game though it hasn't seen activity in a few days though this can also mean it's close to release and going through the last couple of checks and tests before it's set to the public / release branch for the game. :)

Rich_Guy likes this.
  14. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    im helping the mobius operative thats on top of the truck now, hoardes of em :D, and that circular saw gits back yet again! :eek:

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Finished it.
    22 hours. Loved it. Can't wait to jump into a New Game Plus and try and max out some skills and weapons.

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah im loving it too
    managed to save Sykes, and get the servers back online, so now gona take out circular saw jobbie yet again, before entering the Theatre :D

17. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i hope the new patch won't break the camera tools , gotta snap them shots :p

18. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    Finally beat that guy with the gas mask and flame thrower; Sneaked up behind him once, took some shotgun shots at him, and at the end I just shot him couple of times with a pistol cause he was very close to me and was about to kill me. Haven't been playing it for couple of days, but I think i'm either in Chapter 13 or 14 now.

19. Susahamat

Susahamat Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060ti
    The Evil Within 2 Update v1.03 just arrived
    Changelog:
    PC ONLY
    • Life gauge is now fully visible in all resolutions when aiming Sniper Rifle
    • Corrected tutorials for Predator and Ambush skills to show correct key if Action key has been reassigned
    • Num Lock key can now be used to bind to an action
    • Sebastian can now correctly use upgrade chair if Q key has been reassigned
    • Fixed control issue that could prevent Sebastian from standing up from the slide projector if Q key had been reassigned
    • Sadist battle now displays and uses player’s reassigned action key instead of default setting of E
    • Reversed direction of movement through weapon options with mouse wheel to feel more intuitive
    • Fix a crash that could occur when using Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz
    • Fixed a crash that could occur when quitting the game while using an AMD Phenom II X4 945
    • Fixed performance drop when using "Display Based" or "Display Based (Half)" VSync setting with a 144Hz monitor

GENERAL
    • Fixed issue where Sebastian could warp to a new location after pickup up certain items, or executing a melee attack
    • Fixed issue that could cause Sebastian to fall through floor after executing a stomp attack at the entrance to an airduct
    • Fixed issue where certain enemies become invulnerable after an Anima event ends
    • Sebastian can now break free and fight back if attacked while solving an Oscilloscope puzzle
    • Fixed issue where Sebastian could get locked behind gate in Theodore’s stronghold if attacked while opening it
    • Fixed issue where the Guardian or Watcher could freeze in place after executing Instant Kill attacks
    • The double-barreled shotgun can no longer be equipped in the gasmask sequence
    • Brass Knuckles can now be used to execute Sneak Kills on staggered enemies who are facing you
    • Can now use Ambush skill with Brass Knuckles equipped
    • Corrected issue that could skip Autosave before Harbinger battle
    • Corrected issue that could cause Sebastian’s health to deplete at start of Harbinger battle
    • Increased duration of burning effect of EX Harpoon Bolts on Effigy enemy
    • Fixed issue that could cause Sykes mission failure when fighting at the edge of the area
    • If you get Slide 11 but don't view it on the projector in the same playthrough, you are now able to level up skills in New Game+
    • Fixed some AI issues with Obscura, Stefano and Harbinger enemies
    • All environmental objects work correctly in Harbinger boss fight
    • Fixed issue that could cause Effigy enemy to remain stationary
    • Fixed issue that could cause Sebastian to get stuck after opening a garage door in the residential area
    • Fixed issue where player could become unable to move after Sneak Killing an enemy as an Anima event starts
    • Fixed issue where Laura could disappear when player rotates valve in boss fight
    • Corrected number of locker keys awarded in the shooting range Gallery Mode after lowering difficulty from Classic
    • Fixed issue that could prevent events from progressing correctly after picking up "Woman's Journal"
    • Multiple-choice conversations now continue correctly after using ESC key to pause/unpause during conversation
    • Fixed UI to correctly indicate that medical items cannot be used when in cover
    • Fixed UI issues that could leave UI elements on screen after completing interaction with item or device
    • Fixed several sound and graphic issues related to cut scenes and communicator in certain languages
    • Gamma setting is now always properly restored to what it was before launching the game
    • Fixed crash that could occur when skipping the movie after the Stefano fight
    • Fixed crash that could occur after the movie where Myra shows up in Sebastian's old house
    • Various graphic/sound/text fixes and improvements

Rich_Guy likes this.
  20. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Downing now, thanks :)