388.10 hotfix driver for Wolfenstein II

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Visuallyvisible, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    Haven't had a single issue with 388 and Wolfenstein 2. Using a 1080 Ti + 1440p / Über with a G-sync monitor.

2. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Same here. Wolfenstein 2 hasn't had a single crash for me, and it performs wonderfully with the 388.10 drivers. Also asynchronous compute works well in this game. I gain around 10-15 FPS or so compared to when it's off. Now that may not seem like much when you consider that I'm running triple digit framerates practically all the time, but it does show that NVidia's asynchronous compute implementation in Pascal works perfectly well, and can even gain performance in a game with very high compute to graphics occupancy like Wolfenstein 2 :D

3. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Not getting much love with these drivers and Wolfenstein seems to crash for me when loading.

4. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Is it me or is performance down in PUBG?

5. bombardier

bombardier Master Guru

GPU:
    4090 Phantom
    I could not run the game in win10x64.1709. But with the new Windows 10x64 17025 Redstone 4 update build with new features and various bug fixes, the game runs well.
    Windows 10x64 17025 full changelog: http://sihmar.com/windows-10-build-17025-released-insiders-changelog/

6. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Lol, the game works perfectly fine in Win10 1709.

7. benjamin

benjamin Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte1060 oc
    much respect, an thank you

8. pstlouis

pstlouis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Aorus Xt
    The division in DX12 doesn't work properly with the nvdia setting in video.

9. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    it fixes all wolfenstein's problems, good driver for me.

10. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    These drivers on Windows 10 Build 17025.rs_prerelease.171020-1626 work perfect with Wolfenstein II.

Destiny 2 on the other hand (which I really wanted to play more this weekend), crashes when trying to start. Did the xml trick etc. Still crashing on next game startup. Really crappy. I'm not the only one either. So I know its not an Insider build limitation.

Definitely not the driver either.

Game needs patching.

11. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Why do running chrome with a 480p stream on the background impacts game performance so much, not frame rates per se but smoothness, constant stuttering. Last time I was doing this was with some x800 card and an athlon 64 single core and games ran perfectly fine even in dual screen, but with with nvidia and an i5 I must limit myself to play mame emulators instead...what´s the point in having hardware video decoding then?; we are moving backwards in many aspects.

12. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    This driver seems unstable for me with BDO anyone else have had similar issues? Also with Wolfenstein crashing when you load from checkpoint at times (using beta patch).

13. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Alt+Tabbing on Wolfenstein II resulted in a black screen with this driver on my Kepler card. Lets see, if the driver promised for the next week is going to fix this. The good news is, that despite its low 2 GB VRAM the game seems to run fine in 720p at least whereas DOOM had trouble with the Vulkan API (stuttering).

14. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Driver stable in Wolfenstein with no BSOD's or black screen when Alt+Tabbing. Would suggest people try with gpu default clocks and see if they have the same issues.
    Running game at 3840 x 2400 using Win 7.

Edit: Uninstall using DDU, reboot and install new driver.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  15. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    dont have this issue

16. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    Wolfenstein has hideous performance at times on my card, at least compared to every other port from 60fps console games which always run perfectly fine on my sytem.

Ps.- Deferred rendering is a bit faster, but not quite enough and has graphical glitches.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I tried The Division in dx12 with hbao+ , normal high shadows and I didnt have any green artifacts. Also the game started normally in FS when dsr'd 1440p instead of windowed like by dx11.

Speaking of artifacts glitches, I got red dot artifacts in ROTR dx12 if I OC gpu core too much.

Also adpative vsync mode is bugged with steam overally by ***** zombie army, it breaks if I make a screenshot with steam.
    I have to alt+tab and back in game and it starts working again.

18. Visuallyvisible

Visuallyvisible Active Member

GPU:
    Racked up 20+ hours in destiny 2 with only one crashon in Win 7 x64.
    I dual boot to Win10 for Forza 7 only. Hope they they patch it for 10 users coz the Destiny II is a blast!

19. endbase

endbase Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX4070 OC
    Works well so far with wolfenstein :)

20. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    Unfortunately, this driver is not works well with FIFA 18.