Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition 17.10.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SpecChum, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    AMD tech support also sugest that I need to unistall Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 (Both x64 and X86) but it didn't work.

2. Adiurd

Adiurd Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8gb
    With this driver have looooong loading times in FORZA 7. Five minutes or more for start a race.
    someone else?

Fall creartors update and 280x/7970.

3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    If nothing else works you have a corrupt registry man. Nothing is going to fix that.

Just save your important stuff, emails, photo, music, etc.
    You have a 8gig usb lying around? Go here and get the Media Creation tool for:
    Create Windows 10 installation media
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Installing win10 FCU 1709 won't take that long. 15 minutes tops if you don't have a potato.
    That's from complete HD wipe to getting all your settings tweaked via install process.

Then you can un-install the older Crimson Drivers. I think it's 17.7.1. Reboot.
    Crimson device should still be in the device manager. LEAVE THAT ALONE.
    Right click on desktop. The popup menu shouldn't have AMD Radeon Settings.
    If so, go ahead and install 17.10.2. Just remember this process in the future.

Or just use DDU in safe mode. Safe mode being the key word here as 1709 is more aggressive about install 17.7.1
    then in previous builds.

If you decide to do this. I want to hear good news from you within the hour or so :D

4. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    I can't play any game with this driver. All games give me an error about either missing gpu or lack of 3d graphics when I launch them. 17.10.1 works fine so idk what the problem is.

RzrTrek likes this.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    No major issues here either, Wolfenstein 2's running really nice too even on higher settings though it does stutter after a while since VRAM runs low if you push the settings up, unsurprisingly. :D

Time to see how AC Origins works, I do have a feeling it's going to be similar to the previous games where AMD is struggling a bit though but we'll see.

Blue Reflection and Nights of Azure 2 does see periodic crashes of the display driver but that's been happening since BR was released in September for the 17.9 drivers and NoA2 uses the same engine so I wasn't too surprised it had the same issue, sent a issue report to AMD but I don't expect anything to come from it unless others have sent reports as well but the crash issues seem pretty rare and system specific so probably not, could just be a sign of the GPU getting a bit old but other games are stable so not a huge concern just yet.
    (Not much to upgrade too though, 580 would be a bit of a side grade in some cases and down grade in others and it's still not available in any larger quantities although prices are better than Vega which is running at 6000 SEK and up for the '56 model in some cases ha ha, think the MSRP would place it around 4000 SEK or so if things were normal.)

(1080Ti perhaps but those are still very expensive here too, ha ha.)

6. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    I'm affraid that you are overestimating my abilities.
    Could you please look and tell me which calatogueI need to delete:
    [​IMG]

7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    I can barley play one match in Overwatch with 17.10.2 (beta) before the game crashes with "your rendering device has been lost."

17.10.1 (beta) on the other hand runs for a few hours before the image freeze, while the game audio keeps playing in the background as normal.

8. LM2014

LM2014 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800XT
  9. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
  10. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    I am not finding any folder containing that particular file.

P.S. 17.10.3 sucks as well

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    As someone said..probably your registry is messed up somehow.

12. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Should just be this:
    C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\

Then a folder matching the INF for the AMD driver. :)

IE for 17.10.2 it's "c0319291.inf_amd64_cb842461bf066ecd"

Which matches this file "C:\Downloads\AMD_Display\Packages\Drivers\Display\WT6A_INF\C0319291.inf" for wherever you unpacked the AMD setup archive.
    (Default I think is just C:\AMD\ and then the driver version as a subfolder.)

EDIT: From reading the previous posts far as cleaning the driver out entirely using DDU or Display Driver Uninstaller from Wagnard should be able to do the job, make a system restore point first though just in case but the newest version of DDU should support Fallen Creator or 1709 or RS3 and whatever else Microsoft has called the OS version of this new Win10 update. :D

I just use the device manager and ensure "delete driver files" is ticked when you delete the GPU from there, also have to ensure automatic driver updates is dead or Win10 might get creative and try to grab whatever driver it finds that matches your GPU and that could be year old stuff which you DO NOT want installed.

AMD's own uninstaller might work for removing the rest of the software, I don't really use it so I have no idea how it works lately.

17.10.2 and newer removed the INEXT folder from the driver install files which was the install manager for how the driver was installed, guessing this was taken over by the Bin folder and files the driver installer has but I wonder what the reasoning behind this was.

EDIT: Wonder if that missing bit is what is causing some issues then, re-installing 17.10.1 might work if so since it's still present there and then a in-place upgrade from that to 17.10.3 or whatever but that's just a theory, 17.10.2 installed fine here so I'm not really sure what's causing it to break in this case but that's an idea though it's probably something different.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    LIGuitar77 likes this.
  13. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    sig was obviously outdated.

14. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    I have used mediaCreatioon tool and once again I have installed FCU over my current system.
    I am partially successful because no in device manager I can see Radeon RX 470 with drivers installed by Windows 16.6.
    Bad news is that I still cannot install 17.10.3.

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Maybe its time for a clean OS installation.

16. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    Because AMD n00bz ****** up 17.10.2 which ****** up my system?
    What guarantee I have that after clean OS installation they will not mess up things in the same manner?
    I am very grateful for all your support by those AMD retards must do the homework properly.

17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I have seen another guy with the same problem as yours...but he installed C++ Packages and the problem was fixed...
    havent seen anyone else talking about that error..i think a good solution will be a clean OS install (format the c drive).
    That would be nice for the entire system not only for amd drivers.

18. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Dont forget the vcredist_x86_x64 versions 2010-2012 and Xnafx,not only 2013-2015. :)

19. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    That didn't work either.

20. Radier

Radier Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3060TI 8 GB
    During installation of Display Driver from AMD installer or Device Manager, the process drvinst.exe (Driver Installation Module) consume 40% of CPU time (in my case 2500K@5GHz). It's literally do nothing during that time (more than 5 minutes I would guess).
    Doing that from Device Manager fails with that kind of error: