Which motherboard for z370?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by pimpernell, Oct 7, 2017.

1. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    What do you recommend (atx)? 8700k highest possible overclock with a aio. (h100 until i buy a new one)
    I was going for the apex, but it is unknown when we are getting it here. (hopefully i will get the cpu within a month when it comes in stock)
    Need at least two m.2 ports (950 pro and 960 evo) so cooling for those is a plus.
    Price (up to a point) is not a factor.
    I see msi godlike has lots of power phases, but i never liked msi. Always had asus (but i like gigabyte and asrock as well).
    I got a EVGA DG-87 case , so i got room enough and good cooling. RGB is not needed, but i do not mind it either. WIFI not needed and i do not use the onboard soundcard.
    Anyone have the asrock taichi or gigabyte gaming 7? Those looks good but (only) 10 power phases and one 8 pin connector. Same goes with the asus strix and maximus x.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  2. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
  3. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    Unless you're going for extreme OC any decent board will hit 5ghz.

Really doesn't matter, buy a board that you want that has features you need.

4. pimpernell

pimpernell Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4080
    I went for the asrock in the link above. Should be here any day, but no cpu in sight :(

5. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Anyone have any idea (I know it's all speculation) how long this socket/chipset will last. I need to upgrade and was thinking about the i5 8400, but I don't want my board to be obsolete in a few years.