388.10 hotfix driver for Wolfenstein II

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Visuallyvisible, Oct 27, 2017.

1. Visuallyvisible

Visuallyvisible Active Member

GPU:
    Download:
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/geforce-388-10-hotfix-driver-download.html

NVIDIA is working on a Game Ready driver for Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus to provide the best possible gaming experience and we intend to post the driver early next week. In the interim, we're making a hotfix driver available which has a key stability fix for certain Kepler-based GPUs.

It can be accessed here

More information about Hot fix drivers:

A GeForce driver is an incredibly complex piece of software, We have an army of software engineers constantly adding features and fixing bugs. These changes are checked into the main driver branches, which are eventually run through a massive QA process and released.

Since we have so many changes being checked in, we usually try to align driver releases with significant game or product releases. This process has served us pretty well over the years but it has one significant weakness. Sometimes a change that is important to many users might end up sitting and waiting until we are able to release the driver.

The GeForce Hotfix driver is our way to trying to get some of these fixes out to you more quickly. These drivers are basically the same as the previous released version, with a small number of additional targeted fixes. The fixes that make it in are based in part on your feedback in the Driver Feedback threads and partly on how realistic it is for us to quickly address them. These fixes (and many more) will be incorporated into the next official driver release, at which time the Hotfix driver will be taken down.

To be sure, these Hotfix drivers are beta, optional and provided as-is. They are run through a much abbreviated QA process. The sole reason they exist is to get fixes out to you more quickly. The safest option is to wait for the next WHQL certified driver. But we know that many of you are willing to try these out.

These HotFix drivers represent a lot of additional work by our engineering teams, I hope they provide value for you. We’ll try it out and see if people like the idea and want us to continue.

2. Visuallyvisible

GPU:
    Hoping this will correct the g-sync bug with Wolfenstein II. Currently if you try fullscreen with G-sync it keeps 'blinking' black for a few seconds and only disabling fullscreen or turning off g-sync fixes this issue.

3. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well, the only change they state is some stability fixes for some Kepler GPUs so I wouldn't get my hopes up on any Gsync fixes.

4. Visuallyvisible

GPU:
    This fixed the g-sync bug on my end I was exxperiencing with 388.00. :)

5. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    10/25/2017, 23.21.13.8810
    r387_00-134

Great. These seem to be from a different sub-branch compared to previously released R387 drivers.

6. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yeah 00 sub is usually the main sub R3xx branch, lately this sub _00 looks stabler, from what I saw they always end up at this one if other fail.

Edit:
    These also have a new CUDA 9.1.75 driver.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  7. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    I was getting system reboots while changing settings in Wolfenstein II, and its safe to say that all that is fixed now with these 388.10 drivers. So i'm a happy camper.

8. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    I hope this is better than 388.00 because that driver caused problems here. My screen is blanking out randomly just using Firefox and when I fired uyp Wolfenstein the screen went blank and when it came back on it reported that I wasn't using the proper monitor cable even though I am using the same Dual Link DVI Cable with years. My monitor won't do 144Hz unless I use this lead

9. Visuallyvisible

GPU:
    I had no problems on 388.00 outside of Wolfenstein II blank screening when in full screen mode and 388.10 fixed that.

10. Steve30x

Steve30x Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 5700 XT
    Its the first time in years I've had any problems with an Nvidia driver though. Also I haven't had trouble with going full screen in Wolfenstein

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Does this fix the 3D issues with powerdvd or 3D issues at all ?

12. davido6

davido6 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Rx5700xt
    same again my custon rez dont work grrrr

13. frytom

frytom Member

GPU:
    MSI 4090
    Divinity Original Sin 2 Lights Bug also not debugged. Hurry up!

14. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Member

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr GTX 680SLI
    Doesnt work. BSOD noise soon as I change resolution from 1080p to any DSR resolution. Really disappointed in Nvidia but like others said it's been years since this kind of driver issue at least they're on top of it.

Win 10x64 gtx1080 7700K

15. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Ok Wolf 2 now have drivers. Nice.
    But why no ELEX, still use default driver profile.
    This game really don't need Any optimizations..?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017

16. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    It's a hotfix, it's not really a Game Ready driver for W2. This should be here next week.

17. bOse

bOse Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I'm getting severe flickering with Geforce Experience ( only tested with Wolfenstein 2 ) when taking a snapshot or recording.

Any idea what might be causing this ?

18. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    The game runs smooth as butter at 1440P/Uber with G-Sync. Thank God they added sharpening in the video options because it's impossible to use Reshade since it uses Vulkan API only.

19. khanmein

khanmein Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC
    This driver can make FIFA 18 drop FPS & overall gaming is not smooth. Rolled back 388.00 & everything back to normal.

20. Merlena

Merlena Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3070 8G
    Fixes Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus! (980 Ti); G-sync, and the crashes seems to be gone. :)