Razer Vespula V2 mouse mat

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Razer announces the Razer Vespula V2 mouse mat, the successor to one of Razer’s longest running products on the market. The Razer Vespula V2 is a dual-surface mouse mat that gives gamers the...

Razer Vespula V2 mouse mat

2. easytomy

easytomy Active Member

GPU:
    AMD
    Romanian fans of Razer will be displeased with the naming :))
    You do not want to know what the last 4 letters of the mousepad mean in Romanian.

3. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Yeah, every time I see this product I snicker like a high-schooler.

For educational purposes, 'pula' means dick.
    'Vespula' simply sounds like a type of dick, even though 'ves' doesn't mean anything. It's a bit hard to explain how you come to that conclusion as a native.

4. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Who still uses mousemats nowadays?

5. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    almost everyone.

6. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Really? Noone in my office does. I haven't for years.

7. riot83

riot83 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX Nitro+
    I haven't seen a PC gamer that doesn't use one.

8. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I also haven't use mouse mat for years, probably since I started using optical/laser mouses. It's just kinda restrictive in size and doesn't bring anything useful that I see, especially since laser mouse works well, even on a glass. So why does someone use it ?

9. buhehe

buhehe Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6700 XT
    It really depends on the surface you'd use otherwise, but with a pad you generally have much better gliding, more consistent movement and tracking.

I too used no-mat for years - I was using a Logitech G9 at the time on a smooth wooden desk.
    Then I switched to some bland £10 CoolerMaster pad, and finally a more expensive Razer Goliathus Speed and I think it's totally worth it, at least for fast paced games.

10. Incredible Lama

Incredible Lama Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX970 G1
    Because nothing beats having my mouse move over my smooth Razer Goliathus Speed surface. Sometimes I use my mouse on the wooden desk surface or my leather wrtiting area if I'm not directly in front of the workstation but it's always much nicer using my mouse pad. This one is over 5 years old now, I'm still looking for a replacement but I want it to feel exactly as my Goliathus speed does. So far Razer (or any other brand as far as I know) haven't released anything like it. Ofcourse one could ask me "why not just buy a new Goliathus?", well, they only come in these horrid Green patterns that looks really ugly in on my desk. I refuse to buy anything that looks like the Hulk wiped his ass with it. :')

11. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    I hardly know people who don't, at least on a desktop. I personally can't even begin to imagine playing games without a mousepad. The extra precision is really good when you use a mousepad which fits you.
    I can see why people don't use a mousepad if they're on a laptop though, it's just an extra object that you need to carry around. I personally use trackpads on laptops anyway.. Provided they don't completely suck like on my personal laptop. In that case I still use them but I also tend to swear a lot.
    Tracking precision mostly, and mouse feet longevity (not sure if 'feet' is the correct word but I'm sure you understand what I'm referring to).
    The idea is that having a correct mousepad for you can work wonders. I for one can't imagine my life without my QCK cloth pad. Of course, the surface is really subjective.

For example I have a friend who games at I think 6k DPI with a speed mousepad (slippery surface). In his case, the mousepad is probably making him play worse than he already does (he's procreating atrocious by default) but hey, deliberately choosing to suck at video games is his right.