Any other older Sons of Bitches trying to keep up with PC gaming like me?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by jbscotchman, Oct 19, 2017.

1. nateluthje

nateluthje Guest

GPU:
    Asus strix 1080 SLI
    Card at 70% load with fan at 30% is pretty good. Your not running SLI, and have enough airflow through your case? Witcher 3 is a very demanding game, you "might" have to reduce some of the settings, I'm not sure, I game at 4K. But the witcher 3 is one - if not the BEST game i've played, I loved all the witcher series but witcher 3 is the best, I've put over 400 hours into it - when I'm supposed to be doing university assignments!!! Deus Ex MD I don't think is any more challenging than the witcher 3 - graphics wise.

Ambient temperature makes a big difference, so if it's hot and you have a/c run it at around 21 degrees, this will reduce the heat dramatically, or get a better case with more room and better airflow - more fans.

2. drac

drac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Some peoples bodies are older than their biological age I guess. Or aren't as lucky as some, genetically.

3. rhinohorn

rhinohorn Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    43 here.. Jumping off towers in Mordor sometimes gives me vertigo..

big ROBOT bill likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yep, that's me.... :oops:

5. Amigafan35

Amigafan35 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1080TI FE
    45 y/o here and no problems with 2d/3d gaming, only when using my oculus rift do I sometimes feel dizzy etc but that aint down to age ( I hope lol), just need to get used to vr as the first time I walked around in onward using the thumb stick on the touch controllers I nearly toppled over!

6. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    In my 40s and no problems gaming. I'm also the VR liaison at my job and that doesn't bother me either. I think most of it revolves around regular exposure unless you truly get motion sickness from gaming. In this case sometimes changing the fov as previously mentioned or removing head bob can help.

7. JaylumX

JaylumX Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 TI 12G
    I am 41 and the games that give me problems are the ones that have view bobbing so that is usually the first thing i look for to turn off if i feel that way.

8. Mars73

Mars73 Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX1080Ti
    I'm 44 and regularly play games like Fallout 4, Skyrim, Witcher 3, Rottr and Ghost Recon Wildlands etc. Having a 15 y/o son who also like playing games help with coop games or fast shooting games. (I'm not good that good at fast paced games though).
    Jumping off a high cliff or something with Fallout 4 or Skyrim makes me somewhat dizzy, I somehow feel it in my legs. Other then that I'm fine and I'll probably play games way past my 60s.

9. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I'm hoping to keep playing games until my heart stops working.

Guru01 likes this.
  10. Guru01

Guru01 Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA RTX 2080
    I am 37 years of age and don't have any issues playing games. Ever since Doom came out back in the 90's, been building systems and playing games ever since.

11. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That's the main thing that's affecting me. I just don't have the reflexes like I used to have in twitch shooters like UT, Quake, etc. That's probably why I sucked so bad in the COD WW2 beta, the maps were too small and cramped for me.

12. davevas

davevas Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX1070
    Heeee. You just called your mother a bitch. Now if she asks me to help you and I call her a bitch, one punch and you will be ass raped in prison.

13. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    One punch and you'll be on the floor, hehe.

14. davevas

davevas Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX1070
    No not while standing. But by your own hand rumble in your bronx.