Steam Top Ten Selling PC games 23rd of October 2017

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 23, 2017.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    A new week, a new list. it is time for an update. These are the top ten selling titles on Steam for the week as reported by Valve: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDSThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the ...

Steam Top Ten Selling PC games 23rd of October 2017

2. ivymike10mt

ivymike10mt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Good there is ELEX on the list.
    I buy pirania titles since Gothic 1.
    These small and good studios, really need our support.

KissSh0t and Turanis like this.
  3. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    First time CS:GO is not in the Week Top 10 best selling games on Steam?! It's about time...

Cuphead :)
    Situation at my home yesterday afternoon... My wife, daughter, younger son and me we were spending some quiet afternoon together after lunch, older son has gone on valleyball match with his teammates.
    Me: "...kids, I've bought game called Cuphead, who wants it on his Steam account as a present...".
    Son: "...nah, weird name for game, I'll pass, don't have time for that, playing Rocket League online atm...".
    Daughter: (playing Sims 4 pretending she didn't hear me with headphones on her head)
    Me: !? OK...
    Daughter: "...OK, OK, give it to me..."
    We waited a bit for game to download and install. Her first impresion: "...dad, this looks older than our granny and grandad, what's wrong with graphics, what are these artifacts, dots and scratches all over the screen!?...". After 10, 15 minutes of struggle she almost gave up because neither she or me we couldn't found out how to start the game, she started to lose patience. Finally we found out how to enter the game: Esc ...Exit to map (something like that) ....After few minutes we found out the best way to setup controls on gamepad and gaming has begun...
    Son sitting next to us playing RL: "....hahaha... what a crappy graphics!..."
    She and me: "...cmon dude, leave us alone, game is already hard enough, don't make it even harder with stupid comments..."
    ...In the middle of the game I've accidentally pressed button on the 2nd gamepad: "...hey, there is two player option for Co-op mode! Nice...". Quick controll setup for 2nd player and we started Co-op gaming, in the blink of the eye fun was 10x higher :D
    Son: (made a short pause after few online matches in Rocket League) "...well, this game does looks weird but also looks like there is a bit of fun in it... dad, give me the 2nd gamepad, you don't have reflexes for games like this one..." ...so they started to play together, after half an our it was hilarious, game is so fun, addictive, hard, nerve-wracking... all at the same time, kids were screaming because of hard bosses (me too), fun was 110 on scale of 100. Shortly after my wife came in in kids room: "...if you continue screaming like this police is going to knock on our door...". After few minutes of watching she: "...three of you, you don't how to play this game, someone give me his gamepad..." ...so now 4 of us we were sitting in front of our daughter's PC and playing Cuphead Co-op, although my wife wasn't screaming while gaming like three of us were :D
    Some 2 hours later older son came home and joined the gaming party so 5 of us we spend total of more than 6 hours playing Cuphead Co-op (and only 2 levels finished in total, lol). Although me and my lady we we planning to take a nap (read between the lines :) ) after the launch it doesn't happen but we've spend some quallity time gaming with our kids, can't remember last time we were gaming together (I don't game for more than 3 years).

Not sure if Cuphead could be that fun if you play it alone but Co-op with brother, sister, friends... is helluva fun. Game is hard for sure, nerve-wracking also, but it's F U N!!! All in all it's worth to spend few hours per session to game together with someone.

4. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Yeah so i have heard, cuphead is really good and really hard.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    One game I got recently that is quite fun is called Slime Rancher, it's a kind of silly game but quite chill..

6. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
  7. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    No GTA 5 either for first time, or just me??

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Hell has frozen. Pink Stars are Falling. Run for Your Lives, CS is GOne.

9. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Maybe smurfing and buying new accounts after getting VAC banned in CS:GO is not a thing anymore. I am actually glad for it.

I am all for more matured player base in CS:GO. PUBG may have all trash players that left it :D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
    vonSternberg likes this.
  10. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    This 100 times. I'd rather wait a few more seconds to get into a match and possibly play with one or two bots on either team than playing with clueless toxic kids.

The other day I decided to jump into matchmaking after a long while, was 21/5, carrying the team, and couldn't defuse the bomb in time one round, these two kids starting shitting on me and became unresponsive to me trying to decide a strategy. Pretty lame, we eventually lost.

11. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    I heard it was your fault!

[​IMG]

J/K.....:D

vonSternberg likes this.
  12. boom12a1

boom12a1 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 3060XC 12 GB
    Ok I had a good laugh when I read this :) , I wonder what age is appropriate for kids to play this?
    Not sure my youngest would have patience to play this but could be fun.

13. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    It depends on child and how patient it is when games like this one throws (hard) challenge on it.

My 10.5 y.o. daughter for example she doesn't like games like this one: if she plays any simmilar game alone first difficult obstacle, hard level, thougher boss or anything and she quits and never come back to that game EVER. I've bought tons of mostly Steam games (and few for Origin too) like this one for her account (without prior to let her know what she's gonna get) as one of many presents for Christmas, New Year, birthday... but also other genres games too and sadly most if these purchases were nothing more than wasted money. She plays maybe 5% games in her Steam library, most if other Steam games were installed and fired only once, 5, 15, 20 minutes of gaming first challenging obstacle and: "...dad, I don't like it, you can safely uninstall it..." and she looses interest for that game completely! On Origin iirc atm she plays Sims 3 & 4 and that's it. So after last Chistmass I've decided not to waste any more money for games for her as one of surprise present, not any more it if she aint gonna play those, her brothers are going to get few games as a present without leting them know what they're gonna get but for her: nope, not a chance, if she shows interest for some game and I mean REAL INTEREST then there's a chance I'm gonna open my wallet. I don't want to throw my money on non-played games anymore for her. When it comes to Cuphead I'm 110% sure she would quit after 5, maybe 10 minutes if me and her brother were not around to play with her.

Opposite to her is her twin-brother who likes when any type od game throws challenge in front of him, same as his older 16 y.o. brother who never quits any game. I was the same when I was their age. I don't know, maybe female gamers are quite different then us boys...

Advice from my side about Cuphead: play it Co-op with your child, guess most 6, 7, 10+ y.o. kids will lose interest in this game after few hours max if they play it alone, game is that hard. It's hard even for two players Co-op but somehow it's much easier to play when someone watches your back, also when one player dies other can jump on it's "soul" (better be quick) and revive it, it's a life (nerves) saviour in this game :)

airbud7 likes this.
  14. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    RIP project cars franchise.