Divinity Original Sin 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Bond!JamesBond!, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Damn if you like looting everything prepare yourself for "Inventory Management: The Game!"

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    What's a bit irritating is that some things don't have any "plot important!" indicators.

for example, red ball I mentioned I sold earlier in the thread

Found a new one, severed leg that can solve a quest because I didn't know shapeshifting to an elf allows you to eat body parts to get their memories

Btw, shapeshifting to an elf lets you get their memories if you don't have the elf npc

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Thats "explained" when you choose your character, that elfs can eat flesh to get the memories. So if you have Fane and shift to an elf, its 100% like an elf + youre still undead.

Items which are important cant be sold - the ball you mentioned, yes, tho there are at least two quests where you need to find one. In the last (near the end) you get an updated quest msg.

Bond!JamesBond! likes this.
  4. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    The following is based on me not having finished the game yet.

They should have left some better "breadcrumbs" or map markers to some of the quests, I just finished act 2 and moved on to the Nameless Isle which from what I gather is the final zone and had like 23 quests archived as incomplete since I could not figure out how to complete them or they simply bugged out due to me proceeding to finish the quests in a different order.

A small annoyance for me personally is the pacing of the game as it feels as Fort Joy serves as a solid intro to the game in its entirety but the next area ( act 2 ) seems to be where the game is at which is a bit disapointing for a tourist like me who likes swiftly changing scenary as the whole area is so bloated with activities you tend to either outlevel the quests or simply grow bored of the area. I suspect the Nameless Isle doesn't run for nearly as long and will close the story which is a shame but at least I can go into my next playthrough knowing what to expect and do things differently.

I guess I was expecting something like Kotor 1 which had multiple zones ( planets ) with their own storylines running along the main story with added side quests for the completionists. Still its a great game and I can't really fault it. I've had a blast thus far and will continue to have a blast with new playthroughs.

[EDIT] After some googling it appears the game is as follows:

Act 1: 25%
    Act 2: 50%
    Act 3: 25%

5. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I almost forgot that you can add markers on your map. I wish i had thought of that earlier. Cos of all those many quests which gets added to your journal at once, you are overthrown sometimes by it.

6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    A new patch coming this week, to fix the rest of the bugs...i will wait for that and then start my journey! :D

7. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    seeing a lot of posts about how the game kicking your butts. couple points:

1) For a first playthrough, get a sense of what you want your characters to specialize in.. don't have one character act as a pyro/hydro/Necro for example.. pick one class and invest in it. pyro + intelligence. better to have one very strong single damage type than hybrid damage.

2) you need a variety of skills and decent enough gear to be able to take several rounds of damage before you magic & physical armor is eaten up.. the best way to get this gear is to steal it. up your thievery and sneak on one character, and while you talk to your target with another character, switch to your thief and pickpocket them.
    remember to run your thief away afterward so you don't get caught by the NPC. also, press and hold shift to see your safe sneaking zone.

3) If you're undermatched and think you're gonna get dominated in a fight, you can always flee and return later.. no need to try to be a hero.. you will run into enemies that are tough, but any situation can be played out in a ton of different ways.

4) Use Teleportation early and often. There are plenty of ways to get past sticky areas and even reach areas you're not technically supposed to reach otherwise. use it on your characters as well.. you can teleport one character to an area with an entrance to a cave for example, and when that character goes in, the rest of your party follows!

5) Make sure to always use high ground advantage with your ranged characters.. specifically Ifan. place some points in huntsman and up the damage from high ground. it makes a huge difference.

hope this helps some of you!

8. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    i'm playing tactician mode and its doable. Everything you need to do that benefits your party, split party up, explore everything, find source, don't have same type builds, keep range builds far from harm. etc, etc.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    One other observation which I have made which you'll notice others saying about DOS2, is that Lone Wolf although seemingly youd think is the more challenging is actually the opposite. I started a long wolf playthrough and its FAR easier. So for anyone who's having difficulty with the content playing a Quad Party, just start with Lone Wolf and use Summoning to level 10, get a Champion Summon and lolGG. I can now safely win battles against enemies 3-4 levels above me and not actually even come close to death, and this is on tactician.

For sure it gets tougher later in game, but as someone who started initially playing the game without any knowledge of the systems or tactics, I look back and can say 4 party was far tougher to start with on classic. Weird, but that's been my experience.

10. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    still on the island after 2 weeks of playing on tactician mode, i'm at level 7 just kicked The witch Radeka's ass, know off to the purged dragon quest.
    Brilliant game, i'm savoring it like a fresh lobster.

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Another big patch coming out this week. :eek:

12. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Completed it just yesterday before going on holiday. Really top notch RPG. The only real thing I could fault it on is little impact to your choices

Turanis likes this.
  13. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700 XT
    65 hours in... Playing on Nightmare...
    Just met Ryker on Act 2 and cant wait to get on Bloodmoon Island...

[​IMG]

Idol of Rebirth is great!

[​IMG]

14. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    i can't believe more gamers aren't raving about this masterpiece, it's deeper than any RPG and better than TW3 IMO. You get a different experience every play through. These developers deserve GOTY! Anyway i can't wait for their next game.

15. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Bit miffed with the yet again GOTY version, with actual game changes and stuff. Not got the time to sink another 100 hours into that again

16. Calmmo

Calmmo Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Zotac AMP
    It's a good game, has some serious problems after the first two acts tho.
    Theres an enhanced edition coming out with story/pacing changes however.
    Not sure why you compared it to W3 tho, they're probably as far from similar as RPGs can be.
    Anyway, good, too many quest bugs and that 2nd half of the game needs change - both issues will hopefully be issues no longer once ee hits

17. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    didn't know about enhanced edition coming out, good .

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Bond!JamesBond! likes this.
  19. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
  20. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru