Afterburner can ONLY list up to 8 GPU?

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by yilu, Oct 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yilu

yilu Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 8GB
    I have 10 GPUs on my windows 10. But the Afterburner (MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 19) can ONLY show 8 GPU. No matter how I adjust the gpu slot sequence, the Afterburner can ONLY list 8 GPU. Is it still a bug? Is there any solution? Thank you!

Windows Device Manager can show all these 10 cards: 9X NVIDIA 1070, 1X Vega 56.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It is a bug in your logic. World is not rotating around miners. There are no plans to recreate all skins just because of that mining crazyness, sorry.

AsiJu likes this.
  3. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    Why would you have 10 gpus on any system lol? Can I ask you for a favor? Winter-time does your machine war up the whole house or what? I know in the summer-time here in Chicago when i would game on my Gtx 780 and crank the clocks my room would feel like a sauna, I dont know how you can handle it dude.

Let me borrow your system (winter) so I do not have to pay for my heat.

AsiJu likes this.
  4. jbmcmillan

jbmcmillan Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 GTX970
    You're lucky it shows 8 lol.

5. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    How long does it take for your mining rig to actually become profitable after the cost of hardware and increase electricity use?

6. nz3777

nz3777 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gtx 980 Radeon 5500
    I actually had a few people lined-up to invest into mining but when we found out what the pay-out is decided to pass.

7. yilu

yilu Guest

GPU:
    Vega 56 8GB
    Don't buy gpu for mining... Actually, you are losing money... I have no choice now, but have to mine to get money back...

8. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    I like the creative use of the word "only" in this thread.

9. gdallsk

gdallsk Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Never seen someone so desperately wanting to waste electricity...

10. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    Maybe that Unwinder can comment on this?

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Read

AsiJu likes this.
  12. gdallsk

gdallsk Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    He already did - first reply.

13. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I don't understand how ten GPUs is even possible. Assuming 150 watts per GPU, that would easily total 1700 watts for the entire system, which is perilously close to the 1800 watts that most home circuits are rated for. How do you plan on running this system?

14. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    I would be more open minded ^^

An option would be to have a minimal GUI/TEXT with one line per GPU.
    That would make MSI afterburner even more appealing to the world.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    @xixou
    LOL but AB is already #1.
    Why theF would Unwinder want to make it even more appealing to couple of ppl who are using AB for commercial purposes.
    If you just need text output of monitoring hw with some crude means of control go GNU Linux. Its already there burred behind /proc

16. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

I always love offers to be “open minded”, which sounds as a soft form of “shut up and do what we want”.
    What if there is something in implementation, which you don’t see but I do? There is already “minimal GUI/text” allowing you to select any GPU available in the system (with no any max GPU limits) inside application properties, in “General” tab. That is more than enough for those, who actually need to control such systems.
    But making more than 8 GPUs to appear in quick GPU selection panel of the skins requires redesigning ALL skins. And that’s BY FAR not a minimal GUI/text. You’re free to create such skins for miners yourself, if you see it that important. I don’t.

AsiJu and Agonist like this.
  17. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    Well, I did spend time on the french translation,
    why not on the GUI ;-)
    Is there any doc that explains how to update the GUI?

18. StriderMS6

StriderMS6 Guest

GPU:
    Lots of 1070s
    Old thread, I know, but are all settings linked even though the extra cards only show up in settings? I'm just a bit confused. Thank you for your hard work, Unwinder.

19. s3c70r

s3c70r Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I have 12 GPU and afterburner doesn't even open. I can see the process launching in the task manager but then it just dies.

I don't mind about the quick gpu selection. I would like to link them all so looking at the first is enough.

But there's something that afterburner doesn't like since it doesn't open at all :(

I have tried on different computers and it is always the same behavior.

Is it possible to fix please !

20. toptek

toptek Guest

GPU:
    Gskilll 32 gib
    I like how there calling it crazyness and it's not gonna go away .....like they called the Internet one time ..With BTC hitting 19,030 K per BTC and it is no longer a bubble it's been stable to long but is still a risk and all ways will be like any thing.
    lets hope some one comes up with some thing for miners, i understand how he feels about not supporting it and that's ok with me, that's his right, i do thank him for what he has done for us so far, i mean that, I am very great full but calling mining crazyness is crazy ....at this point it's not gonna stop unless the Governments ban it , an they won't .I waited till now to say some thing i was hoping but i guess not ... time to learn the lame overclocking soft ware that comes with the AMD drivers .

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.