GeForce 387.92 WHQL Game ready Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by peppercute, Oct 9, 2017.

1. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    I guess you're one of those who'd call AC Unity poorly optimized as well. It's time to stop.
    Yes in that article EA admits they build their games for high-end machines and "dumb" ("tweak") them down to run on console/lower end PC hardware.
    Things that happen under the hood of FB3's DX11 renderer during a 64 player MP game do not belong in this cringeworthy, mindlessly thrown around subject known as "poor optimization".

Maybe you should educate yourself on game engines on a much deeper level to actually get some knowledge about what optimization really stands for.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Which coincidentally is how pretty much all multiplatform games are built these days.

GroinShooter likes this.
  3. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    since i haven't used win10 for more than a year, i would like to know how we can prevent windows fall creators update version from automatic nvidia driver install?

4. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Never ever had Windows install NV driver automatically after I did a manual install. That being said, I pretty much always use the latest driver.

5. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    not really, dice team is no. 1 when it comes to optimization. i was referring that you will get much better fps than 60 as minimum at all times with that cpu. i didnt know that you are expecting 150fps, thats too optimistic even with the strongest cpu out there due to that games wont utilize more than 8 threads right now.

6. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    have done it before FCU update (steam's registry notes). but i guess it is set to default by the update.

7. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    I don't make claims about games I don't play... for obvious reasons. You should try it, because it has not gone unnoticed that none of you have responded to the charge that i5's run the game at 100% cpu usage, sometimes even in the menus. That's poor optimization.

Considering that Frostbite is "one of the most optimized pieces of software on the planet", then yeah, down to 40 fps is poor, especially at that res. You have not said what your cpu usage is though? You don't need to, I already know it's at or near 100% the entire time you play.

150 fps isn't too optimistic. That's what I get now. I realize games don't use more than 8 threads; that's why I'm still using a 4 core cpu. Dice took a year to optimize BF4. They can make some compelling games, like Battlefield. They can also make some duds, like Hardline. We should be able to talk about a game's demonstrable flaws without suffering through butthurt bootlickers trying to narrowly define esoteric terms because they offend their ears, even though they don't even play.

8. GroinShooter

GroinShooter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SC
    Every new post you make just further displays your nonexistent knowledge on what you're on about. Take my suggestion to heart and educate yourself on the manner at hand which is as stated by you, "BF1's poor optimization". You're the one here blaming the issues on poor optimization and insisting the issues are due to poor optimization. No one's butthurt or offended here, your stated issues just have nothing to do with poor optimization and that's that plain and simple.
    I don't know why you're saying I don't play the game, I've owned BF1 since launch and I still play it.
    It's been an honour witnessing a gentleman of such etiquette. Please derail more, goodbye.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  9. PowerK

PowerK Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 FE
    I clean installed Windows 10 x64 Pro Ver.1709 (The Fall Creator Update) on 2 PCs in my house yesterday (GTX1080 SLI and Titan Xp SLI systems). Windows did not install any Nvidia drivers. It was the standard MS VGA driver.

10. Fumz

Fumz Guest

GPU:
    Evga 1080Ti sc black icx
    I've been a lurker here for ~ a decade and have noticed that there are three types of guys on these boards.

1) guys just looking for help.
    2) guys just trying to help.
    3) guys trying to show the world how smart they think they are.

The overwhelming majority of the guys here are just trying to help. It's what makes these boards a good read.

Xtreme512 runs an i5 and his post suggested he wasn't happy with performance. I noticed this and linked to a post I made which offered suggestions which have been proven to reduce the game's cpu load and increase the game's gpu load. I also offered my opinion on why things are the way they are; an opinion which is the result of a year of observation just trying to help guys out.

You two on the other hand, clearly, are just here to masturbate; you have done nothing but stroke your own egos page after page. Why do i5's have 100% cpu load even in the menus if not for poor optimization? What you say is that's nonsense and go educate yourself. What you don't say is why i5's have 100% cpu load even in the menus. You have both avoided the subject like the plague.

You're not here to help. It's impossible to glean any knowledge from anything you've posted because nothing you've posted explains anything about the game or its high cpu usage with i5's. Anyone can assert, "you're wrong". However usually such assertions are backed up with explanations or links. You two provide none. Why that is? Why should I, or anyone, believe you when you're unable to support your assertions? Could it be that your participation doesn't really have anything to do with helping anyone?

11. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Can we please stop the "Is Frostbite optimized or not" debate, please? This is a thread about discussing the driver, not Battlefield 1. It's such a subjective and pointless thing to argue as well, there's no "winning". You guys have spent the last 3 pages telling each other that they're "wrong". Just stop please.

12. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF 3060ti
    This might help some of you with i5 in BF1.
    I just checked menus (never really looked at cpu% there), I am seeing 20% in most of them, but What I do is have fps cap set just above monitor refresh (I don't use V-sync). My monitor is set to 72 and BF1 fps cap in user.cfg. This gets me on most 64 player maps like 70% avg.

I used to have it higher to 100fps cap but it really didn't help much with (smoothness if fps - 70-100) so I just lowered to 73 and its mostly flat line.
    With 100cap it would avg like 90-100 but dip if a lot of things happened.
    Without a cap I think cpu is like 90 or so (would have to check), so it boils down to what your needs are if your trying to maintain like 150fps your going to have hard time IMO with i5 4core/4thread , I guess lower res and settings might help to a degree.
    FWIW I run the game with high to med settings on a 1600x1200 old Dell 21" with system 3570k@4.5 and GTX970.

13. dreamlord

dreamlord Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 1GB DDR5
    thanks for the feedback guys.

14. Tyler Dalton

Tyler Dalton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Anyone else been getting some display driver crashes with this driver? I just got two while I was playing a game and had my twitch dashboard open in a Chrome window on my second monitor. The second monitor went black for a few seconds then the main monitor then it came back. Event Viewer says it was a GPU driver crash. For now I'm going back to 385.41 which is what I was using before.