Rivatuner refreshing way to fast

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Hesje, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Hesje

Hesje Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    Hey all,

Since the new windows 10 (creator?) update a lot of things changed in RivaTuner OSD.

After setting things up like I had before I noticed the refresh rate of the FPS and MS sensors are WAY to high, I can't even read them anymore. It seems it refreshes every 1 ms. If I try to slow it down by changing the 500 ms delay at the top of the settings to a higher number nothing changes.
    The strange part of it is that every other sensor is working correctly according the 500 ms delay.

Image:
    https://imgur.com/a/RH5vl

Do I need to go into the configs?

Thanks!

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Framerate and frametime refresh period is configured independently in RTSS properties. And it is set to 500ms by default, so it couldn’t get refreshed too fast without your help.

Hesje likes this.
  3. Hesje

Hesje Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    It doesn't affect the refresh period when I change the default 500 ms settings of Framerate and Frametime. It seems that function isn't working correctly for me after the windows update.

4. Unwinder

Everything is working properly. You should read my post carefully. You are talking about hardware polling period and showing it on your screenshot. Framerate and frametime are NOT affected by it, reread the previous post please.

5. Hesje

Hesje Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    Thanks for the fast replies.

I've re-read and did some google work. You said
    . That makes sense and I guess you meant to say that. But my question is about the plotting to the OSD interval.

Can you point me in the right direction where I can change that?

I already manually changed the templates, alignment and other visual things. Looking into configs files and playing around with it is no problem for me..but I can't seem to find this thing :)

6. Unwinder

7. Hesje

Hesje Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 8GB
    I feel stupid, I never looked into that setup page as I never noticed it. It is indeed on the Rivatunerstatistic server page.

Thanks for the answers!

8. Sandeep Jangid

Sandeep Jangid Guest

GPU:
    RX 580 8 GB
    how do I refresh other graphs like cpu and gpu on each frame like frame rate and frame time graph coz in settings it is i can not set less then 100ms Please help me.

9. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    for good reason!