The Evil Within 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Hopefully the game will end up selling well because, lacklustre performance aside, this is genuinely a very, very good Resident Evil-style game. I absolutely love it so far (chapter 13).

2. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950
    It´s early when games sell the most, franchise looks dead.

3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Running the game in 1080p with max settings and TAA good game and the graphics are not the bad, just lower the gamma a bit it looks pretty good, fps is between 90 and 134.

4. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    i think win10 fall update enhanced the perf. a little bit

i can have 4k-60fps most of the time if i turn off motion-blur options + used fxaa

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    That is not a factual statement.
    Tons of games had weak initial sales, only to turn around later on and build a large fanbase. And continue with future games.

Yes, publishers like EA look for day one sales above all else. But, there are other studios/publishers that are aware of the market and how it goes.

6. Monchis

Monchis Guest

GPU:
    GTX 950

On pc yes, but rarely on consoles afaik.

7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I don't think that it is the problem.
    Also the game don't make use of any Nvidia features and IDTech 5 always supported SSR since Wolfenstein.
    The problem don't come from Nvidia or AMD specifically, but from the game itself.

8. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Well i can tell Shinji mikami didnt direct it this time. sure it has some cool parts, but it is very inconsistent. The photograph guy must be one of the silliest bosses ever.

Mr.Bigtime likes this.
  9. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  10. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    the boss himself was a joke but the missions to get to him were amazing and very cool

11. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Runs awfully for me, even at 720p, low preset with everything disabled it doesn't maintain 60fps. Something is very wrong with this port, it barely uses any resources either, it's just not taking advantage of the hardware properly. Hopefully it's fixed because the game is actually pretty damn good.

12. Archvile82

Archvile82 Master Guru

GPU:
    ROG STRIX 4090 OC
    I am able to maintain 60fps 95% of the time at 1080p with everything on max apart from SSAO and shadows which are on high. I think it helps having the game installed on a SSD and having lots of ram.

Some other tweaks I'm using in the exe properties are run in admin mode and disable full screen optimizations (if your on windows 10).

13. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Finished this one yesterday. Much less linear, a lot more exploration and Resident Evil cheesiness than the first one. Truly enjoyable.

14. MrH

MrH Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Strange, Digital Foundry couldn't manage it with a 5820k and Titan XP at 720p and that has been my experience as well, just unable to get a solid frame rate even at 720p. The game is actually really good but the port is one of the worst in recent memory, it just never feels smooth and the frame rate fluctuates so wildly. For some reason the game just doesn't use the available power.

15. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    for me it runs solid 60fps ultra @ 1440p

however the objects pop in is so annoying and sometimes shadowing would appear around objects when i'm really close , like around the stools in the diner

16. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah i get the object pop in, and the shadows popping on and off.

Ive played 7hrs according to Steam, and ive done nothing yet, im just exploring union, just outside of the safe house where O-neil is, im just making my way through all buildings i can get into, and exploring every nook and cranny, finding all the pick-ups and what nots, and building up my Gels. :D

17. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Digital Foundry is pretty hit and miss from what I remember. While they have been correct at times, there are others were they've been completely off the mark for me.
    But, again, PC gaming is an incredibly personal experience, as no two people will have the same time with a game.

For me, the game is running pretty well. 1080p, a few settings on High, most on medium... motion blur off (because it's a virus that needs to be removed from gaming). And, with the frame rate uncapped, it averages around 55 to 60, in doors can go up to 70s. In larger outdoor areas, low 50s. It's not smooth, but, I haven't had any major problems with it.
    Honestly, I have lower frame rates in Mafia III, and DisHonored II was by far, a much worse PC release.

I watched a friend play it on his PC, at 1080p and max settings, his frame rate never dropped under 70. Performance across the board with this game is pretty sporadic. Some are getting great, others okay... others... awful.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I thought he was very-Resident Evil
    Same here. It's like the game has an overly aggressive LOD (level of detail) system in place even on maxed out settings, which it probably does because it is also available on those underpowered consoles too.

The developers massively improved The Evil Within from its disastrous launch build so I'm hopeful that these issues will be fixed over time. This really is a great game IMO and doesn't deserve to be hampered by poor optimisation and so on.

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    there was a downloaded update on Wednesday...but no mention of what is was.
    there is a patch folder with files modified that day.

20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Japanese localization far as I could tell, no bug fixes or such.