[OFFICIAL] Windows 10 RS3 - Fall Creators Update - Build 16299.15

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by Extraordinary, Sep 16, 2017.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Just as I got the USB install stick created with MCT, Windows Update showed this as well, lols.

Actually quickly killed the process and disabled WU service for the time being, wanna do a clean install once I'm ready for it (backups etc.).

Never before got a feature update this quickly after release from WU.

2. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Alternatively just leave the PC on for some hours. As I've said, these slowdowns I've had somehow cured themselves over the night.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Something is really messed up..cant explain exactly the situation...not my native language.

Also reddit is full of people with bugs after the update..another Big update from windows that is full of problems...

Well...rip.

4. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    The R2.82 Realtek driver is still giving me issues, where my GUI won't show up (not even when trying to open rtkngui64.exe) had to update it manually through the device manager.

5. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Bugs in RS2 weren't even fixed, MS seem to think that adding more and more bloat to 10 is more important than getting it stable, I have completely lost faith in the Windows team as they are right now

6. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
  7. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
  8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Im back with a fresh install again with RS2.

Also Another guy on reddit have the same problem as me..thank god its not only me, lol.

1703.15063.674 RS2 At the moment...(clean install) Everything is smooth like before.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  9. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    I was just checking around and saw that there are 4 crashdumps in the Windows->LiveKernelReports->Watchdog folder. All 4 have happened since yesterday afternoon and now, all referencing nvidia and directx files. This seems odd to me because in all the game playing and Firefox browsing in the last 24 hours I haven't had a single crash or browser black screen. Can you guys check to see if you have any crashdumps in that folder after updating/installing RS3? I'm off to run SFC and DISM.

10. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yeah I had a few when I was on RS3. I didn't even know anything happened until I opened reliability monitor. Just leave it be and wait for new nvidia drivers.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Well...is anyone else getting games that render at 1080p full screen even though you have both the desktop and game set to run at 2160p? Fallout 4 does it, so does Dirt Rally. Microsoft FSX, seems to run at 4K fullscreen or normally.

12. ezodagrom

ezodagrom Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1660 Ti 6GB
    For me, several UWP apps went missing, even the Windows Store and Xbox apps themselves, I guess something got corrupted during the instalation process. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I'll just rollback first thing tomorrow morning.

13. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Out of curiosity I just reinstalled the Forza 6 and 7 demo's from MS store. They run just as bad, if not worse, than on RS2. Game stopping stutters (150ms frametime spikes) every 2-3 seconds making the games quite literally unplayable. Oh well, back to PCARS 2.

14. Blackfyre

Blackfyre Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    From some of the reports above I'm glad I made the switch to Windows 10 LTSB after the first CU came out, and it sounds like there's even more issues with CU2. Could be just early issues that Microsoft will fix quickly with an update though. I was hoping CU2 will introduce some improvements or at least give me an incentive to switch out of LTSB and go back to Windows 10 Pro (other than the fact that Microsoft won't let me install Forza 7 on LTSB), but it seems I'll likely be sticking with LTSB until the next iteration of LTSB is released in 2019 (or unless people start reporting improvements in RS3 or RS4 later on).

15. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Launch build is always a little rough, it has been like this with pretty much every version of Windows with only a couple of exceptions.

Finished setting up all stuff and went for a quick benchmark.

TimeSpy Extreme: https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/2568131/spy/2524220
    TimeSpy: https://www.3dmark.com/compare/spy/2568173/spy/2109462
    Firestrike Ultra: https://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/13895028/fs/13181256

Can't say that I'm seeing any performance change from 1703 really.

API Overhead: https://www.3dmark.com/compare/aot/234608/aot/233589

DX11ST is a little bit faster on 1709, rest is the same, Vulkan test doesn't run in 1709 either on R387.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Was about to DL it and give it a spin. Guess no point.

17. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Far too many issues, lots that were reported before release and never fixed, Microsoft might have the Feedback hub and you can post your bugs etc., but they really don't listen. Despite reports saying differently Microsoft are still the same, they don't listen to customers, and Windows 10 is still an inconsistent mess. Some settings are now so hidden its a nightmare to find things. Look how difficult it is to change network settings these days.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Right click start button , network settings isnt that hard is it ?

19. PurSpyk!!

PurSpyk!! Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Yes, and then it opens the settings App, then you still have to do extra click to get to the same setting, like adapter settings etc. Its far more complex for no benefit to the user. But your attitude matches Microsoft's, its still there, yes, but far more hidden

lucidus likes this.
  20. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Don't you think you are exaggerating with far more complex ? its not like you have to solve the rubic cube or something.

Noisiv likes this.