AMD Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Windows® 10 Fall Creators Driver Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak650, Oct 17, 2017.

1. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    What's your card?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. Garwinski

Garwinski Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX Fury X
    A friend of mine had this message when he downloaded the wrong version of the driver ie 32 vs 64 bit, Windows 7, 8, or 10. If you are sure you have the right version, or you sure you are on the Fall Creators update?

And, as always, have you uninstalled your previous driver with DDU?

3. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    Check below my avatar, it clearly says RX580 (8GB), but just to make it clear: MSI Radeon RX 580 Gaming X 8GB.

Edit: I also forgot to mention that YouTube videos load even slower on 17.40 vs. 17.10.1.

Edit: STAY AWAY FROM THIS DRIVER !!! THREE BLACKSCREENS IN LESS THAN 12 HOURS !!!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  4. StuST220

StuST220 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming
    Yup, I've downloaded the 64 Bit version of the driver, I've re-installed all my chipset drivers, USB drivers, LAN the lot. I've deleted uninstalled all Radeon software and I still keep getting this same error message, I don't know what else I can try now.

The display driver functions perfectly, all that I am missing is the Radeon Software and Re-Live, that part of the installation didn't complete in full which is just bizarre.

5. holler

holler Master Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7900XTX Aqua
    I would try DDU uninstaller in safe mode if you haven't already, it seems like there might be some remnant driver still present or conflicting.

6. StuST220

StuST220 Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 290 Gaming
    Yeah I've just done that and the drivers have now installed fully with Re-Live without an issue :D

Thanks for the help chaps...it's much appreciated, I never really have these sort of issues and the majority of time I sort them out but this one had me a little stumped, also I've not used DDU for a long time as the last time I used it I had so much trouble with motherboard drivers and devices not working correctly afterwards, I've always steered well away from it since but on this occasions it has done a stellar job!

7. DeusEXMachina

DeusEXMachina Active Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX 480 OC 8G
    Anyone try to uninstall this drivers with ddu? I have fall update

8. WareTernal

WareTernal Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 7800 XT
    My guess is that this switch allows you to switch between the normal gaming driver mode and the "blockchain compute" mode driver, not show/hide Radeon Pro options.

The Beta for Fall CU driver seemed to install and work ok for me. BattlEye was blocking a file(ati????.dll) from loading, but the games I tried worked fine(Ark, Dayz, Fortnite), and that's probably going to be fixed in a BE update.
    It didn't fix an issue I've had with everything after 16.7.2, which is Radeon Chill not working. I've gone back to 16.7.2 and Chill is working again. I only have 2 games that support Chill, so maybe it's working on other titles besides Ark and Doom. Anyone have Chill working on RS3 with the new beta driver? If so what card/game?

9. Odin

Odin New Member

GPU:
    AMD Sapphire 290
    Overwatch random crashes still happens in this driver, yet they removed any mention of this on this version changelog

Blizzard even has a topic about this, not this driver yet in there

"Crashes on AMD Drivers 17.7.2 through 17.10.1"

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758607000

RzrTrek likes this.
  10. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE

11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    ^^^ I have it on a RX480 under this topic's driver.

12. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    I also have it on my 380.

13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Same here.

14. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Guest

GPU:
    -
    How can this problem not have been resolved in four months?

15. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Can you help me understand something.

How is it AMD's fault and not the makers of OW?
    Has OW issued a statement saying such?

For example:
    The above quote is the "weak link" that this is and AMD problem. That reads like some sort of conflict with their anti cheating app or some other running process they got going there while you are playing the game.

Furthermore they are saying they have a problem with:

That's a huge freaking list of ONLY AMD drivers if I ever saw one. I'm sorry, but I'm hard press to believe this is AMD's fault alone when all other games don't cause this kind of problem. Just isolated with OW.

Also, if AMD is not even acknowledging it as a problem on their end they should issue a press release describing the issue in more detail so we all know what's going on here.

Thanks for the update on that.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017

16. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    is this the newest driver? lol i went from 17.10.1 to now "beta"

17. YY911SF

YY911SF Member

GPU:
    Evga Titan SLI
    Can someone repackage this driver for Vega FE support please?

18. Jackalito

Jackalito Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 XT
    I had to go back to 17.10.1. Lots of heavy artifacting on textures and shadows on PUBG, which is one of the few games I'm currently playing.

Of course, this is with a clean installation of W10 Fall Creators Update and the previous drivers had been cleaned using DDU.

19. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    There is alreay a pro version available here :

https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-ar...ws-10-Fall-Creators-Update-Release-Notes.aspx

But you lose driver options...

Btw,

"
    • A system restart or hang may be observed when launching DX12 applications on Multi GPU enabled system configurations with Radeon ReLive enabled."
    For me it happen even in single gpu configuration, without Relive enabled...

20. imadude

imadude Guest

GPU:
    r9 fury nitro
    I've noticed some intermittent freezing when watching some videos in chrome.