Gran Turismo Sport

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by drandiiski, May 20, 2016.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Isn't GT Sport just a stop gap for the full GT game next year?

2. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I have no idea. Some say that GT Sport is GT7 but under a different to signal a significant change in the franchise while others say that this is just a prologue and that GT7 is going to be released in the next 2 years...

3. Rafnagud

Rafnagud Master Guru

GPU:
    INNO3D RTX 4080
    Prologue i hope...

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    GT 3 A-Spec was a place holder for GT 4. So you never know.

5. aka2k

aka2k Member Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GS
  6. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So having played and bought at release every GT game since it first launched all those years ago on Ps1 I am shocked to learn that this game is released tomorrow... (today) depends what time it is... it seems the game has managed to fly under my radar for some reason... and yeah I won't be buying it.

I mean what the hell were PD thinking when they cut out all the single player career stuff turning any single player offline content in to nothing short of a learn how to drive mode and turning all the meaningful racing in to online only. GT6s online mode was by far and away the worst part of that game and that was when the service actually was working. To hear that this game has been stripped of meaningful single player content, that the single player content still requires an active internet connection, the car count has been drastically reduced, weather effects are gone, races with dynamic day night cycles are gone, the game still uses the same physics engine as GT6 and from the videos it doesn't even look better than Drive Club (a game released 3 years ago) I am truly truly shocked and saddened at what GT has become. I am guessing from the major buzz around the FIA online championship non sense that PD got so worked up about having that little nugget of meaningless nothing that they forgot what it was that made this game such a huge success... ps it wasn't the online or some sponsorship deal.

I've read some of the stuff the lead developer (Kaz) has said about the reasons behind why GTS is the way it is and cutting through the b*llocks it can be summed up as, here's what the long term fans wanted so instead we removed all of that and gave them the stuff they didn't want, a pretty sure mainstay of the GT franchise. Like how the B Spec introduced in GT4 was awful so instead of removing it giving us a better A Spec experience in GT5 they instead decided to make it more extensive and more involved in career progression oh and rubbish like the real world mapping of sat nav data so that you could replay your real world laps in GT6!!!

7. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    How about this bundle ?!? $46308 only , a steal!

[​IMG]

8. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    WOW nice! But TBH seems like a good bundle. Like .. everything in it is good, you know :)

9. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I feel the same way. I´ve bought the last 4 games at release and played the first 2 on a friend´s house and now i´m also going to skip GT Sport. Not only they didn´t fix the previous issues that persisted trough the series since the first game, like the bad engine sounds, crappy AI and the lousy damage system, they removed what made GT unique, the career mode!!! The best part of the game! To make things even worse, the content is very scarce for a GT game with only 170 cars, half of them are duplicates and only 17 or 18 tracks!...

If the game improves considerably in the next 6 to 12 months then maybe i´ll buy the game on a sale otherwise i have no interest in it...

10. rm082e

rm082e Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 - QHD@165hz
    Just in case anyone missed it - This game requires a constant internet connection to play. The save file is stored on their servers, and if your internet, PSN, or their servers have any problems, you cannot play the game at all. If at some point in the future Sony decides it's not worth keeping the servers up, they'll "sunset" them, and you'll be left with a useless game that doesn't function.

Several people I know on another board tried to sign in the last few nights only to be greeted with a "Server Maintenance" messages - they were unable to play. That includes the thing they are calling a career mode, which is basically an expanded version of license tests...

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    Well I’ve already put more time into this than I did with Forza 7 and Project CARS 2 combined, if you’re after a solid online racer then this is it.

12. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    GT Sports looks great, arguably its replays trounce Forza Motorsport 7 and Project CARS 2, and the handling is great too with a terrific cockpit view.

As a single player game though it’s just ever-so-slightly dull compared with Forza. The Career mode feels more like a driving school simulator than a game even with the levelling up system and the Arcade mode locks out tracks until you’ve unlocked them by levelling up.

Ironically, this is by far the most polished Gran Turismo to date with better A.I. and audio plus the presentation is slick and loading times minimal. It just feels so lacking in content and soulless compared with those other racing games for solo players.

13. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    THIS is one of the reasons I didn't buy it. Not withstanding that PSN is one of the least reliable services I have ever had to pay for... yeah I pay my ISP to provide me with internet but I also have to pay Sony to provide me with online gameplay on my console... I remember what a farce GT6's online system was and THAT at least was optional, you could still do a ton of stuff when it wasn't working. If I pay £60 for a game and they require it to be always online, then the least I expect is that it works, each and every time I want to play, be that now or in five years time and given that PD is part of Sony I know for a FACT that will sadly not happen.

I have to question what it was PD thought when they decided to give this the GT brand. If their intention with Sport is indeed to take the GT brand in a whole new direction then why even bother using the GT brand? Using the name automatically breeds expectations about what the game is going too contain so even despite the reports coming out of the studio about how this wasn't going to be like previous GT games all they have done is set themselves up to disappoint a lot of long term fans. Why not use a new brand name for this, if their is no intention to make further GT games with the content and game setup of the previous 6 games (although I expect the backlash and poor long term fan base for this new GT game will very rapidly change PD and Sony's opinions on that) then why not simply put the brand to bed and start a new brand with a tag line along the lines of 'by the producer and studio that brought you GT'

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
  15. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    OK, having spent more than a week with the game now, I can share my thoughts. For me the lack of “traditional” GT campaign mode is not a problem. I have never been too big on it in the previous games, and for the most part it quickly turned into a grind against brain dead AI. Having the mission challenges, track experiences and the arcade modes is enough offline stuff for me.

Which leads us to the online, and boy do I love it! There is just something special about it. The rating system makes racing random people surprisingly clean. That makes it the only other game, except iRacing (which is more of a service) to have that! This alone makes it special! There is no other racing sim out there, that I just want to go online, outside of an organized league.

Add to the above - great FFB (after the first patch), cool music, great HUD and GUI and spectacular graphics, car models, photo locations, attract mode and polish and I’m a happy racer. Sure there is room for improvement – sounds could be better, even though they are much improved over the previous titles. More cars and tracks, that’s a given, especially for the series. And that always online thing can be loosened a bit. I understand why they did and did not have much of a problem with it so far, but it can leave you with more things to do if the servers are offline.

Overall I’m pretty happy with it and it is good to be back behind the wheel on a daily basis!

16. The Laughing Ma

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    So yeah I am a dope, I told myself always online, no offline stuff I am never going to buy this but after rage quitting GTA O racing because of (well the list of issues with that games racing and physics is extensive and I really do not want to induce the rage again.) So I was looking for another racing game, I actually watch a guy who does alot of GTA O racing do his first GT S race and I gotta say I was impressed with what I saw. So I looked on amazon and found that it was actually a decent price, so yeah I bought it.

So what do I think, awesome. I have just completed a few online races and my god what a blast. Even better I didn't win the last two races but after years of plying GTA races I was amazed at this amazing feeling of not wanting the race to end, I wanted to continue try and catch the guy in front push a little bit harder. A huge amount of fun and better yet the rating system is awesome watching someone catch up to you using toe, watching them pass you and here's the thing actually pass you, not smash into your backside at full speed, not try and pit you but actual proper and fun racing and the rating system is awesome, seeing you get a nice little plus for doing proper and sportsman like moves while getting a negative score when you act like a bit of a spanner.

Even better, no issue with the servers, it is a bit slow when it comes to matching you after qualifying but other than that it worked, I was quite shocked. I know surprised that something actually worked, no lag, no jumping cars, no odd physics or other lag caused glitches it just seemed to do the job. So yeah I am convert it the game could still turn round one day and sh*t the bed but after nearly 4 years of punishing myself doing racing in GTA O to finally do some racing and actually get rewarded for doing well, not having to deal with d*cks or stupid physics or idiotic p2p server issues it is such a breath of fresh air.

anxious_f0x likes this.
  17. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    GT Sport at 29,99€ right now for those who have PS plus!...

18. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
  19. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Well, after reading some of the comments here I relented and bought it.

I have to say, I am very impressed.

I'm even happier that they are adding a proper career mode.

Car handling is great and stunning visuals as well :D

anxious_f0x likes this.
  20. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I wasn´t planning to buy the game but know that the game is half the price and they are going to add a career mode i´m feeling very tempted by it...

The problem is that i have so many great games in my backlog that i still have to play!... I know, i know, 1st world problems...

anxious_f0x likes this.