Elon Musk presentation: Making Life Multiplanetary (new Mars plans)

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by HawaiianBrian, Sep 29, 2017.

1. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Musk gave a presentation in Australia yesterday/today at the International Astronautical Congress.
    About The New "Revised" Mars spacecraft plans (BFG). Enjoy!!!

2. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Elon Musk makes no sense. He believes we live in a simulation. Then he resigns from being an Adviser to the Trump Admin for Trumps stance on environment. Now he keeps trying to get to Mars to prolong civilization. That's a lot of opinion and effort for an individual that doesn't believe anything he stands for is actually real.

Loobyluggs likes this.
  3. f14dude

f14dude Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Ventus 3X
    I only brief through the video and I think the guy is living in a fantasy land.. carrying up to100 people in that rocket? I don't even think NASA has figure out how to get 5 people to Mars for a 9 month trips on each way.

4. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    We're not going back to the moon and we never went in the first place. There isn't going to be any missions to Mars.

Although Musk has just built a $5 billion supercomputer, so the CGI will be top notch this time.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    No wonder have you seen the paperwork you need to fill in to get a vistor's visa?

Noisiv and Loobyluggs like this.
  6. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    The only thing Elon Musk has done of tangible worth, is raise the profile of science. Nothing more.

Depressingly, he has done it by appealing to those who do not understand it, by preying on their lack of critical thinking.

You go to any planet and you die. People seem to think you can go to another planet and skip through the fields holding hands. We are biological organisms, not robots. You wanna be the person to take the credit for sending people to their deaths?

After you Elon. I want you to be the first mother f**ker on that rocket. See you in the morning for pre-flight, and take the rest of the night off to write your will. Dumbass.

"There is no respawn in RL..." FPSDoug

Noisiv likes this.
  7. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    They’re obviously not going to send them there without the gear needed to set up a base on the surface. In fact the first trip they’re planning there is a supplies drop without any humans so that they have the things they need to set up a base once they get there.

Another thing, Tesla has rapidly accelerated the implementation of electric cars and brought the cost of high capacity batteries way down. Electric cars were going nowhere before him, now all the big manufacturers are joining in.

Another thing, although less important is PayPal. It’s made buying and selling things on the internet so much easier for the average person and small businesses.

If you’re looking for someone who’s just raised the profile of science without actually doing anything look no further than Neil DeGrasse Tyson.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    vonSternberg likes this.
  8. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    Not one factual remark. I wish we could insult people here.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  9. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI
    I simple google search would EDUCATE you.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  10. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12 G MSI

11. tfam26

tfam26 Guest

"Hey guys all we do is complain about resources and fight over them on Earth but lets move to a planet where there are literally none because SCIENCE. Haven't you guys seen Star Trek? What could possibly go wrong??

Also, we can't communicate fully with elephants who have been shown to be fully aware of the concept of death or dolphins who apparently use more of their brains than we do and also share a number of charactersitics, but don't worry guys! I think we'll have better luck with a living gas constructed out of unknown matter that we encounter!!"

12. vonSternberg

vonSternberg Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 560D
    It's not like there were probes sent to Mars to study their air or anything like that, right?