Middle-earth: Shadow Of War PC DRM Was Cracked Within 24 Hours

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 13, 2017.

1. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    1 day! Looool ...................Denuvo gotta give the money back? How much money they make for this 1 day protection? Lol

2. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I don't even want to play a game that's bloated with micro transactions, as if Denuvo taking system resources wasn't enough. That means they're going to make it 10 times more grindy than it would have been otherwise. Micro transactions in a SINGLE PLAYER game that costs at least $60 USD. They can go frack themselves.

lucidus likes this.
  3. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Indeed. This is how I feel as well, but since the gameplay of the first game was so good I just made sure that I could simply load up a cheat engine table to get through the grindy parts. Awesome game for $37!

Yes, Denuvo is terrible. Hopefully they patch it out soon since it has made zero difference.

4. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Ive had similar experience with Dead space on Origin, bought the game few years a go and installed to my origin games hd....played for an hour then didnt touch for quite some time, few months back i upgraded my Os drive to a Samsung pro 960, anyway last week i felt like playing dead space but despite having Origin and my Origin games on a separate ssd i still got told that i needed to buy a new key to play the game because my key was no longer valid but thanks to a cracked game .exe file i can now play my legally bought game.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The regular game isn't really challenging enough to require spending much if any time on getting captains and gear up to max level but it's act 4 that changes things a bit though it's still perfectly doable without spending real money but you do have to spend some time getting your forces into shape since these missions are pretty rough compared to how the rest of the game was until this point.
    (No time requirements though, you get a notification but can deal with the event whenever you're ready.)

The entire act is nothing but 10 waves of fortress defense missions starting with enemies around level 30 and ending at level 65 so higher than the players level cap of 60 plus while you have to take 4 points for fortresses enemies only have to take 2 in these missions and each captain has one to two sub captains with them too in addition to the regular forces so even the regular waves will quickly overwhelm players if they aren't prepared. Attacking forces are usually also only rare tier or above with one legendary per wave which is usually the last of the six main captains you have to defeat and higher level than the rest.
    (First four waves has each of the four main locations hit once, next three waves has two locations hit and the two after that has three locations and wave ten hits every location which must then be cleared so some 25+ fortress defense activities in a row though it's recommended to be prepared and geared up before starting any of them.)

Spoiler:

You could just look it up though, ending sequence you get after this is pretty short and does a quick attempt to connect the events in the game to the movie and book ending with a bit of extras added in possibly setting up events for a third game in the process.

EDIT: Though as has been said even in some of the pre-release reviews the fourth act is a bit of a extras, third act is more like a regular ending and game play with players getting notified that things are about to change so existing story quests should be wrapped up first.
    (It's just there as padding though, something for players to grind I suppose since it's so disconnected so you could have just had players defend each fortress once pushing back and then had that ending sequence but it could also have been immediately after the previous act 3 ending and it wouldn't really have made a difference at all.)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  6. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    The only type of Anti Piracey measure that works is online server sync and even that can be emulated if the data is not encrypted just like in Diablo 3. Nothing else works, never has in over 35 years and never will.

airbud7 likes this.