Front page Ads with sound

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by wsgroves, Oct 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

Anyone else having a issue with the ads on the guru front page that start blasting the dumb music etc.
    I am gonna have to start blocking again if that does not stop.
    Half the time I can not even determine what ad it is coming from either as there are usually a few shown..

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    There are very strict filters in place that should prevent if not catch such ads. Please let me know by tomorrow if that still happens, as audio simply is not allowed. I'll need your help tracking down that specific advertisement if it is reoccurring.

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
  4. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

Thanks. I will try to keep an eye on it. It has definitely happened at least three days in a row.

5. wsgroves

wsgroves Guest

It just happened again at 7:26 am. It was a Straight Talk Wireless ad. Started playing with full sound on the front page. It was located on the right hand side of the page, below the Facebook like button and above the search field.

6. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    I cannot do anything with info like that. I need your precise location / a screenshot and (very important) full advertisement element properties (F12) so that we can see where the ad unit is loading from. Anyway if you can get me that info, please PM directly for assistance - I will be closing this thread now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.