Battlefront 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by WhiteLightning, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Played the game and enjoyed it quite a lot. It looks fantastic, has great sound/music, nice maps and handles well. DX12 didn't work as expected (stutter) and I really dislike the loot crate system since you'll just have sub-par cards for long time before you start catching up. The amount of credits to get the battle droid for example was quite large and must require many hours of playtime. Still not convinced that heroes is a good idea since they are so OP. They are killable but does require a team effort and that's not always the case with MP games.

2. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I didn't care about lootboxes for a long time until recently, never bought anything like that ever.
    But the point that children/teenagers are encouraged to spend more money in the game after their parents/family bought them the game now feels insane to me.

I'm firmly hostile to this in paid games. And even for cosmetics, i feel like Overwatch has a fair share of responsibility in this.

charliehamster likes this.
  3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, funny thing happened. Since the beta ended, and I surprisingly got hooked to it, I thought about giving the initial SWBF another try (since it's pretty cheap at this point anyway). To my even bigger surprise, people are still playing it and I sunk some hours into it and I... like it?! :eek:

It still has pretty much all the drawbacks it always had, but it's like sooo accessible even for a noob like me, I easily topped the scoreboard a lot of times and had quite a bit of fun at it. It's incredible how well they nailed the visuals and sound. I guess it will keep me busy, in its ultra casual way until SWBF2 comes out.

PS - the "star cards"/abilities buttons make a LOT more sense than in SWBF2 Beta (1,2,3,4 instead of Q,E,F,4???). It made zero sense there and it was such a pain to hold "G" instead of "E" etc. First thing I'll do when it comes out is to completely remap almost everything.

XenthorX likes this.
  4. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    You could remap your keys in the Beta. I thought the same but then I found out I could remap everything. Anyway IMO I will not be getting this if they don't change this loot box system. In Overwatch at least they are only cosmetic and do not give an advantage. Pay to Win sucks!

5. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    They seem to be looking into changing things a bit.

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/thank-you-beta

Sounds good enough to me.

The drop chances for new cards felt pretty reasonable in the beta and I was getting a comfortable amount of upgrades so I've never really had an issue with the loot boxes myself but saying that, I would like to see a progression based reward system where weapons and abilities are earned through levelling up a class.

6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    It's good that they seem to be listening.

What would be better is if a company as large as EA would pioneer getting rid of this crap altogether.

It's unnecessary and it invalidates so many aspects of the 'level playing field' that are essential for a multiplayer game to be fun and engaging for everyone.

I guess we'll just have to settle for baby steps ... for now ;)

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  8. remicius

remicius Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Ti
    will be an fps camera in the single player campaign or is it a third person shooter?

9. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Seems like its 3rd Person. Or maybe it's switchable 1st/3rd Person.

Susahamat likes this.
  10. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I think it's switchable, you can see first person footage at 0:30

11. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Really hope it`s fully playable in the 1st person. Being forced to play in azzcam view is like being constantly repeatedly kicked in ballz. In other words, unbearable. I never play in the 3rd person view.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Ofc you can switch between 1st/3rd person. I just think that 5-7 hours for Singleplayer is a bit low..for a Star Wars game (i know focus on Mp) but still, their excuse why its only 5 hours Sp is total bullshit. But ofc, you cant really expect different from them after the whole lootboox crap.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Well, at least you get to see some juicy booty since the character you'll play is a female. :rolleyes:

XenthorX likes this.
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I still have a sour taste in my mouth of last Battlefront game available at half the price only 4 weeks after its release (i had bought the 100euro+ ultimate edition).

Will wait a month of two before grabbing Battlefront 2 but eventually i'll take it, really enjoyed the alpha/beta

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    7-8 hours length for the campaign, it's along the line of Battlefield 1

16. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    That's not very confidence inspiring because I think I finished the BF1 campaign in less than 3 hours (I guess you can drag it out by watching the insanely annoying cutscenes but there certainly was not 7-8 hours of gameplay there).

17. CK the Greek

CK the Greek Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2060S
    or searching for codex challenges, something that makes triple the time. On less than 3 hours that you say is a rush to finish like you are in a hurry for something.

18. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I was not in a 'rush' at all, I played through the stories and skipped the majority of the cutscenes after watching the first few because they were terrbile imho.

I did not do any 'hunting for codex' type activities because that kind of thing does not appeal to me, neither does it constitute 'content' within the context of a SP campaign afaiac.

Monchis likes this.
  19. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Play first trial is up

20. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Note to HDR players - HDR is totally borked, like the demo before it.

Note to EA/Dice: If you are going to implement HDR and not even bother to check if it works properly and even after this very same issue was present in the demo, perhaps you should consider adding an 'on/off' setting so I don't feel the need to wear sunglasses while trying to play.

I can get it working if I force it through the TV but only in 'borderless' mode