AMD specific tweaks for PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by SlackerITGuy, Jul 20, 2017.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    -useallavailablecores -malloc=system -force-driver-type-warp -sm6 -dx11mt -pthreads 8 -maxvram=4200

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Anyone tried 17.8.2 with PUGB ?

3. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    yes, didnt notice much of a diff, but i did discover running game in 'fullscreen mode' versus the default 'fullscreen windowed mode' made game run smoother and more consistent fps above 75

4. doudou1408

doudou1408 New Member

GPU:
    HD7870

5. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    That didn't work for me.

Did that work for you? are you using <100% scaling?

In all honesty, my problem with the game is no longer FPS related, it's the lack of a smooth experience, it frame skips/stutters way too much. The FPS are fine, at least on my end, but the overall experience is just awful (performance wise, the game is fun as hell).

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    This is related to weak UE4 Development.
    Try the UT Free :D -> Looks way better and working like a charm :cool:
    I don't have this game (yet) so i can't help with Tweaks....

7. doudou1408

doudou1408 New Member

GPU:
    HD7870
    Yeah, this trick works for me on several game (PUBG, Guild Wars 2). Get more FPS and a smoothest experience.

8. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    I've found that those launch parameters do absolutely nothing. Our best bet with PUBG is playing with the in game settings.

This is what I use: Everything on Very Low except AA and Textures (Ultra).

9. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    Don't you get micro stutters with Ultra Textures on 4GB? I tested it when the game released and on Fury I was getting stutters once in a blue moon on Ultra, and very tiny micro stutters on High Textures. Resolution 1920x1080 + 120% scaling.
    I am running Medium Textures since that time for smooth experience.

10. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    Seemed to have cured a lot of issues relating to inconsistent fps and feeling of no "hit reg" that has plagued my game for a while. A simple lock of core speed/voltage and that's it. Make sure its actually locking though, don't rely on just one monitoring software at first. I had Asus GPU tweak and HWInfo64 for my runs and confirmed that some drivers aren't as friendly as others.

11. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
    Yeah, I get these little frame skips when loading new textures/towns. Which is very annoying.

I just can't stand blurry low quality textures though.

12. tfarber77

tfarber77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Hey all, after spending countless hours tweaking and optimizing this game for my RX 480. There are a few things I've noticed in the Radeon control panel that do seem to make a difference in terms of stuttering/fps and consistent smooth gameplay.

I've noticed that forcing Anti aliasing 2x, Anisotropic filtering 16X, turning OFF Shader Cache, setting texture filtering to high (not performance), and Tessellation to AMD optimized makes for the most stable performance I've found thus far. I set all my in game settings to very low except for texture which is at medium. I've also done every other system optimization for PUBG I could possibly find, but those would take too long to outline here. Anyway, just wanted to share incase someone finds this useful.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  13. CCoR-

CCoR- Active Member

GPU:
    AMD ASUS Strix RX580 8GB
    Interesting, I'll have to run these settings, THX!, I'll post back!. Number wise, what's your FPS looking like?

14. tfarber77

tfarber77 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    I typically average 50-60, but in certain towns, and in certain situations (ie when the bubble gets getting really small) I get drops down in the 20-30s momentarily which is pretty abysmal. But everyone seems to be having issues with the performance in this game, it doesnt seem to matter what kinda of hardware you're running the game with, its just horribly optimized.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017