NVIDIA compatibility bits master thread and IQ guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GuruKnight, Sep 9, 2014.

1. cheddle

cheddle Guest

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 1080ti FE
    Interestingly - if you use a V2 EVGA bridge - Pascal detects it as a HB bridge even though its only using one set of fingers per card... it has to do with the metal housing.

Ive discovered some of the compatability bits are specific to 2/3/4 way and that different bits are required in some games for different numbers of cards.

I need to spend more time testing before I share what I have found so far.

I figured as much! bandwidth limits are a real problem... A major problem is that in order to use 16x16x8x mode (40-lane cpu) I need to use a different PCIE slot configuration (im using 8x/8x/8x/0x and id go to 16x/0x/16x/8x) meaning id need to ghetto mod a magic SLI bridge and my parallel water bridge wouldnt fit right and id need to redo my custom loop *sigh* - it just becomes a bit too much effort for no real world gain... its so rare for two way 1080ti to be a limitation.

I'm consdiering the upcoming x299 platform as a solution to this problem of PCIE bandwidth and as a solution to my old Haswell CPU being a little behind in the times now... even in Timespy benchmark my CPU is limiting my GPU scores. 3.3ghz / 4.25ghz / 4.75ghz all return increasing GPU scores... being CPU bound in Timespy was something I thought would take a little longer to acheive...

a guy on youtube (I cant link yet, too noob) has managed to force ME:A to run in 3-way. I got it working but suffered a performance hit on 3-way compared to 2-way, I dont have the profile perfect yet.

2. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I fully agree, better to stick to 2-way 1080 Ti :)
    CPU power is not so much the problem at 4K or above in most games, but PCIe bandwidth certainly is.

Regarding forcing 3-way mode in Mass Effect: Andromeda, this is simply a matter of changing the last part of the official profile from "F1" to "F6".
    Here is a link to a small guide I wrote a while ago about some of this:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=5340885&postcount=283

Any profile ending in "1", "6" and "5" will limit the SLI mode to respectively 2-way, 3-way and 4-way mode.
    But as you of course know, there are no guarantees the game in question will actually scale beyond 2-way mode without issues.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
  3. cheddle

cheddle Guest

GPU:
    Tri-Sli 1080ti FE
    Thanks.

Im mostly going to run 2-way and run Equihash on the third card while I game - I have tested and found there is a 0-5% performance penalty for doing this - depending on the game that is running

Am I correct in assuming that if a compatability bit ends in a '5' (4-way) it will work just fine for 3-way? Or do I HAVE to use a but ending in '6' (3-way)?

I would test this but I am not at home at the moment...

FYI - I have ProjectCars, Metro LastLight, Superposition benchmark all working in 3-way SLI now with better than 2-way performance and no stuttering. Ill keep working on them as I have more time. ME:A is the only title I actually want/need greater than 2-way performance.

note: I get BAD scaling in Timespy... im seeing as low as 83% GPU usage in some parts of the tests. I expect this is bandwidth limit. I hope to receive the EVGA v2 3-way bridge soon! (my EVGA v2 4-way bridge DOES detect as a HB bridge however as the prongs are not arranged correclty it only allows 2-way SLI)

4. type1

type1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia gtx980 sli
    Following.

5. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    Yes, any profile ending in "5" will just allow up to 4-way SLI mode if available.

6. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I'm currently in the process of adding custom downloadable .nip files (packed in .zip archives) for the majority of games in the spreadsheet.
    This is now also done using google drive, since attaching individual .zip archives to 3DCenter posts really was becoming such a hazzle.

Of course such a huge undertaking will take some time, but should benefit especially the less experienced NVIDIA Profile Inspector users :)

7. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I have now finished the bulk of the work of adding downloadable .zip archives for most "important" games.
    Naturally I can't do all of it myself, since some of these games might either not have an official driver profile or I don't know the name of .exe or whatever.
    But mostly the work is done now, and the basic content of the thread can finally be considered nearly "complete" in my eyes :)

Of course anybody is welcome to upload profiles for the remaining games here in the thread, and I will include them in the spreadsheet.

8. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    holystarlight likes this.
  9. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
  10. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    You are very welcome :)
    BTW please don't hesitate to make specific SLI profile "requests" here in the thread.

Also, I made a small mistake when uploading the .nip file for Outlast 2, but it has been corrected now so I recommend downloading it again if necessary.

11. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I decided to remove the "DX12 and Vulcan information" category from the spreadsheet.
    It just didn't make much sense to have it in there with so little actual "valuable" information.

Also added SLI profiles for a couple more games:

The Park
    Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

12. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
  13. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Heck yes! Will you add them to the spreadsheet?

14. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    They are already added actually :)
    Just thought I would point it out directly in the thread as well, in case somebody wants to mess around with SLI in other UE4 games.

15. Serfrost

Serfrost Guest

GPU:
    G.SKILL 16GB 1600
    Do you know any workarounds for shader-based OpenGL applications for AA, Upscaling, or other options?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017

16. venturi

venturi Master Guru

GPU:
    2x 4090 FE RTX
    Hello GuruKnight

I'm trying to get Echo UE4 game to quad SLI

so far I have 0x080002F5 in dx10/dx11

Prefer Maximum Performance

SLI predefined dx10-FOUR
    DX10-Force_AFR
    and
    0x00A06746 is 0x00000100

its ok but could use some improvement, specifically flashing smoke, flashing flashlight, flashing torches - any suggestions?

(yes, I did use the secret sauce for full 4x SLI on Titan XP, but now I have to optimize for Echo)

thank you in advance for any help

Jay

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  17. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    @venturi

The best way of "troubleshooting" the problem would be to try just 0x080000F1 or 0x080002F1 for 2-way SLI, and see if the scaling improves or the flickering is reduced.
    Then we can take it from there ;)

Perhaps a combination of a more critical SLI profile and a suitable "unknown" SLI bit is needed in this particular case.

18. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Woops.

19. GuruKnight

GuruKnight Guest

GPU:
    2 x 980 Ti AMP! Ex
    I have once again updated the master list spreadsheet with the latest pieces of quality information in regards to both driver profiles and other relevant stuff.
    The important changes are as always listed in the changelog document at the bottom of the OP.

Personally I don't have much free time at the moment for testing and PC gaming in general, and am quite busy with other aspects of life.
    However please keep posting reasonable "requests", and I would be more than happy to help out or at least provide some advice.

20. TheRealKaldaien

TheRealKaldaien Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti K|NGP|N
    Any general suggestions for D3D11 compatibility bits? I can find a lot of info for D3D9 titles, but I'm not seeing a lot for D3D11.

At present, I am fixing various issues in .hack//G.U. and because of the way its render targets work, normal driver MSAA isn't happy. Probably the biggest problem I'm facing here is that the game continuously switches between BGRA and RGBA color rendertargets and I cannot simply blit the output of one as the input to the other in order to do MSAA resolve. I'm hoping like hell there's a driver hack to allow that.

I'm trying to avoid hacking their engine to bits and making all render targets multi-sampled and doing manual resolve, but unless I can find a good resource for D3D11 AA compat. bits, hat may be my only choice.