Download: MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 18

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Oct 3, 2017.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Do I need MSI video card to use this? .. I've never actually tried it before so I'm not sure xD

2. robintson

robintson Guest

GPU:
    Asus_Strix2080Ti_OC
    Great work from Aleksey. Thanks for the best GPU overclocking tool out there.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  3. specialkone

specialkone Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1080TIOC
    No you don't. Check my specs with an Asus 1080 TI. My previous gpu EVGA 1080 with ACX cooling also worked fine with AB. EVGA's newer gpus with ICX cooling have an issue with AB as only the main gpu fan (not the secondary fans which run at default speeds) is controlled with AB with their proprietary ICX cooling system.. And thus we have my brand change for my 1080TI. I know a couple of gamers with AMD gpu's. AB works fine for them.

KissSh0t likes this.
  4. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    So how do the two colouring options work together?

As far as I can tell, MSI AB colour settings affect only the Labels and RTSS colour settings affect only the numbers. Is this correct? Neither one of them overrides the other?

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Wrong. Peek into OSD layout editor, any part of moder OSD can be configured to use either default (RTSS defined) color or overridden custom color.

OrdinaryOregano likes this.
  6. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I've been looking everywhere and I can't find this setting (OSD layout editor).
    I just want to have my OSD like it was before, but it's all messed up with colors and position lol...

7. Unwinder

Is it really hard to notice new button next to "Show in OSD" in monitoring tab? Hard to believe, sorry.

8. psychic717

psychic717 Member

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    Oh wow, it's the little square button with "..." (for those who didn't see it like me).
    Sorry, I was looking for a button or tab with the words "OSD Layout Editor" or something.

No offense, you're doing a great job, but this setting is really hidden, most people will not know where to change the layout to how they had it before.
    In my opinion it should be more visible, or at least be classic by default.

Thanks for the help!

9. Unwinder

There is tutorial video attached to news special for that. And I'm strongly disagree on making it more visible, you've to be a BIT MORE careful and learn it ONCE and doing it bigger will eat even more space of currently overloaded moniotring tab and will make other more frequently used controls scrolled down and invisible. There are a lot of small things, invisible to end user thinking about ONE thing, but which are taken into account by developer, thinking about whole software complex.

10. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    Hilbert.

There is a mistake

Also, more recommended we suggest that you to download latest full beta package of MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 19 which includes an even newer build of RTSS.

There is no version 4.4.0 beta 19, you mean RTSS Beta 19 ? but then it also inaccurate because it's version 7.0.0.0 build 29 . it's a bit confusing but just pointing the typing error. :)

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Thanks fixed to .18

12. Unwinder

Hehe, you'll need to fix it back soon )))))))

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The story of my life ;)

Unwinder and airbud7 like this.
  14. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    its no longer showing the gpu temps/load on my msi gs70 with 870m, running on windows 10 pro 1703 b15063.632, geforce 385.69

update: there is no monitoring graph but the temperature is shown on main ui

PS: working fine with beta 10 :)

15. Unwinder

I'm wondering how many dozens times do I repeat that mobile chips are NOT supported? Got it working before? Take it as a free bonus.
    Minimum system requirements section of documentation is clearly saying that laptops with switchable graphics is not a supported platform. If you don't like it - you're free to send me your laptop and I'll add support for it, but something is telling me that you won't like that solution.

16. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    My bad .. but it seems to be working fine - only the monitoring graph is missing

17. Unwinder

Various GPU monitoring related things can become missing (or opposite magically reappear themselves in future) in applications targeted on desktop graphics only due to Optimus attempts to switch GPU on/off on depending on the application activity. To bypass that Optimum platform must be explicitly detected and GPU must be forcibly woken up (which also effectively screws power management) by application on such systems, which is not the case for AB because it is not a target platform. You may use your laptop NVIDIA control panel yourself for force AB to run always on NVIDIA GPU to address that, or live with it as is and get ready to similar issues in future.

18. maddenftbl

maddenftbl Guest

GPU:
    msi 7970 3gb
    I don't post much as you guy's can see. I come here regularly though. If somebody could give me straight directions to get the osd that shows on the right upper screen, to be closer together, it would be greatly appreciated! Ther separators are to far apart for my liking. I would like it to be the way it was with the older version. Also what is vrm temps for the motherboard listed as?

Thanks in advance.

Craig

19. Unwinder

Select classic OSD layout.

20. ivanosky

ivanosky Active Member

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 3060
    I had the same issue. I solved it by using the HWinfo plugin. Add this to Plugins/Monitoring/HWinfo.cfg:

Code:
    [Source8]
    ReadingType    = 1
    ReadingName    = GPU Temperature
    Name        = GPU Temperature
    Units        = °C
    MaxLimit    = 100
    MinLimit    = 0
    Group        = GPU1

[Source9]
    ReadingType    = 7
    ReadingName    = GPU Core Load
    Name        = GPU Core Load
    Units        = %
    MaxLimit    = 100
    MinLimit    = 0
    Group        = GPU1

[Source10]
    ReadingType    = 6
    ReadingName    = GPU Clock
    Name        = GPU Clock
    Units        = MHz
    MaxLimit    = 3000
    MinLimit    = 0
    Group        = GPU1
    After that activate the plugin in Afterburner, and run HWinfo's sensor screen. You have to keep HWinfo running in the background for this to work, I just set it to run on startup and open the sensor screen by default.